Author Topic: MISISIPI by Michael Reilly. PaperBack now a Goodreads Giveaway  (Read 949 times)  

Offline Buttonman88

• Cavan, Ireland
    • View Profile

"M-I-S-I-S-I-P-I" - When we need them to, some lies become truth.

A tragic childhood act has been rippling out across 25 years and now, in New Orleans on the eve of Hurricane Katrina, it's a tidal wave which will engulf everyone it touches.

Julianna Jameson is leaving home. She packs a bag. She books a flight. She leaves a note on the kitchen counter. She departs her Boston home and disappears, without a warning, without a goodbye.

For husband Scott, the initial shock carries a strange relief: their slide--from storybook soul mates to virtual strangers--could only end one way and it's been a long time coming.

And anyway, Julianna has always been... unconventional.

All that remains is to decipher the meaning behind her cryptic note. But that's before Scott finds evidence of her secret other actions on the day she left. A torrent of discovery shows just how little of Julianna's past he truly knew. They also cast a whole different light on the couple's present difficulties and offer Scott a sliver of hope for rescuing their future.

His only course is to follow her to the place where her dark history has called her back, where two powerful and ruthless adversaries are waging the endgame of a long and bloody feud. Julianna is the key. She's the only one who can stop it, because she's the one who started it.

Julianna is going home for the last time--to the city by the sea at the mouth of the river.

Critics Agree.

"... an action-packed novel crammed with adventure, subplots, romance, mystery, and intrigue all tied together by changing perceptions and the rise of a great storm that will ultimately transform everything... Vivid and satisfying." - Diane Donovan, Midwest Book Review, Feb 2013

"... a well-paced narrative with a super flow of dialogue, description, and setting. The overall quality of writing is much better than most of the books I've been reading. Terrific style." - Amazon Vine Reviewer, ABNA 2013

"This is one action packed book... turning the pages was easy and the need to find out what exactly was going on increased as the story continued." - Marleen (More Than A Reading Journal Book Review)

"This book will wrench both your heart and gut. For a little while it may even break something. It's an emotional hurricane to match the real thing." - Need To Read, Got To Watch Book Blog

Available from all major Ebook stores in all reading formats. Use the links in my signature to find the right listing for you.

Paperback available from Amazon worldwide and CreateSpace.

Thanks for letting me tell you about it here on the Kindle Boards
Mike
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:22:48 am by Buttonman88 »

"Story is everything; the rest is noise."
Michael Reilly, Ireland | Facebook | KBoards | Goodreads | Twitter | #MisisipiNovel

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not really a moderator. :)
      • View Profile

Welcome to KBoards, and congratulations on the book!  :)

This is just a friendly reminder that KBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum.  Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so post this note in every thread. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
    Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
    Book Bazaar Moderators
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Buttonman88

• Cavan, Ireland
      • View Profile
    In celebration of my upcoming birthday, I am offering all interested readers the chance to grab a free copy of the complete MISISIPI until Midnight Tuesday next (when my cake-withdrawal, guilt and self-loathing kick it).

You can get it here: Misisipi on Smashwords

Use coupon CQ97K to grab the Mobi, EPub or other format that suits you.

Alternatively, Part 1 is permanently free on Amazon US here Part 1 on Amazon

As for me, this is all I really want as a present for myself.

Purdy Please!

Have a great weekend
    Mike

Michael Reilly, Ireland | Facebook | KBoards | Goodreads | Twitter | #MisisipiNovel

Offline Buttonman88

• Cavan, Ireland
      • View Profile
    Re: MISISIPI by Michael Reilly. PaperBack now a Goodreads Giveaway
    « Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 07:27:37 am »
    Get on board the Goodreads giveaway for an autographed copy of this gripping debut thriller - 460 pages of unputdownable twists and turns.

The 3 winners will receive the gorgeously foreboding 'blackwater' cover paperback, signed by the author, to read and share, or treasure and reread. Thanks to all who participate.

The Giveaway for Goodreads is at http://bit.ly/1gbIgZt and runs thru Feb 2. There are 3 copies up for grabs.

The Giveaway for LibraryThing is at http://bit.ly/JEmDWr and runs thru Jan 27. There is 1 copy up for grabs.

All entrants are invited to join the Goodreads giveaway group at

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/122787-ask-michael-reilly-author-misisipi

where I'll be answering questions, throwing beads and mixing daiquiris for the duration of the giveaway. Laissez les bons temps rouler!

To discover yet more, visit www.facebook.com/misisipi.novel and connect with me. I'd love to hear from you - Mike

KBoards.com

• Advertisement