Author Topic: Augustus Baltazar (The Murkwood series) - horror / paranormal / urban fantasy  (Read 798 times)  

Offline MrBourbons

• Oxford, UK
    • View Profile
    • The Bourbonic Afro
Hi everyone!

I've been writing since I was a child, however I've always struggled with rejection when it comes to my work. This book, my debut, has actually taken me six years to complete, but I finally got there! Links below, but the blurb is as follows:

Mark. Enforcer. Just plain old Stu. Augustus Baltazar is a Paranormal Investigator with more skeletons than space in the cupboard. He only has best friend Mike to depend on, until beautiful brunette Jenny threatens to rattle his bones. DI Joe Merrick is on his last life with the Police force, caught between a case he is struggling to solve and a DS with a different opinion. Out of all this, what piece of the puzzle does Mike's girlfriend Sera hold? And just what are the sinister shadow and the man on fire that haunt them all? Once the fuse is lit, everything changes. This is the first thrilling volume in an ongoing series from emerging author Neil Bursnoll.

Thanks for reading.

Augustus Baltazar

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 03:30:40 pm by MrBourbons »
Neil Bursnoll | Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter | Wattpad

Augustus BaltazarMurkwood Tales |Anthologies

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    Re: Augustus Baltazar - paranormal urban fantasy
    « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 04:16:08 am »
    Neil,

Welcome to the Book Bazaar and congratulations on your new book!

KBoards is a Kindle fan and reader forum.  As you browse KBoards, keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You've posted your book thread in the right place; this is just our standard welcome that we place in all book threads. :)

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice). 

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread: Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
    Book Bazaar Moderators 
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline MrBourbons

• Oxford, UK
      • View Profile
      • The Bourbonic Afro
    Re: Augustus Baltazar - paranormal urban fantasy
    « Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 06:15:58 am »
    Considering it took me six years just to get this one finished, I'm now incredibly close to getting the second one done, and that's only taken me eight months thus far. So now's the ideal time to start reading the first volume, as the direct sequel will be available in a couple of months.

Offline MrBourbons

• Oxford, UK
      • View Profile
      • The Bourbonic Afro
    Set between events in Augustus Baltazar and the upcoming sequel, The Scar That Bleeds, A Frightful Encounter is a short ghost story, and the first in the Murkwood Tales series.

Giles Grant has been a Police Officer for five years. He was recently promoted to an armed response unit, and today is the end of his first day. He is a staunch believer in the afterlife, and that not everybody gets to move on when they die. Whilst he has only ever experienced the mildest of unexplainable events, tonight will change everything.

Offline MrBourbons

• Oxford, UK
      • View Profile
      • The Bourbonic Afro
    The second Augustus Baltazar novel is now out, and at a much lower price than book one.

Something is savaging Augustus Baltazars many wounds. Is the voice in his head the Shadow Lord, or is Solani tricking him with mind games? Can he stop the incessant rotting before it becomes too much, and consumes his very soul? DI Merrick encounters similar difficulties, after playing his hand that results in unexpected disaster. The loss of his closest colleague and the tragic circumstances of his past have become heavier than stone.

Find out which path they both take. For Stu, it could be a life of darkness and decay alongside the man of fire, or the understanding and openness with the woman he yearns and is slowly falling for. For Merrick, it could be a descent into darker territory, or a salvation that no-one is willing to offer.

Offline MrBourbons

• Oxford, UK
      • View Profile
      • The Bourbonic Afro
    I've decided to make the short story that fits between both Augustus Baltazar novels permafree.

Offline MrBourbons

• Oxford, UK
      • View Profile
      • The Bourbonic Afro
    The Scar That Bleeds is free until Friday 22nd.

http://a-fwd.com/asin=B00KYJ8N3S

KBoards.com

• Advertisement