Author Topic: Kindle CS - What the .....happened?  (Read 1450 times)  

Offline Toby

• MA
    • View Profile
Kindle CS - What the .....happened?
« on: May 03, 2013, 08:29:57 pm »
Okay, I have had great Kindle CS & have had incompetents.  This time, 1 problem- 2 emails & 1 long phone. calls. Problem is not only worse, but they just lost a sale from me. Here's the story. I ordered a kindle book - the monthly deal for April for $3.99 & under. I got a book on 4/30 inthe afternoon. I looke at my receipt. I was overcharged - $5.21. On book's page it said that this was the $3.99 deal, but now the price is over $7.00.

I emailed Kindle CS. I get an email back saying that my "DAILY DEAL" - wrong. CS does not know a out the monthy deals, but will give me a promotional credit. Do you want 1. To apply to a kindle book, 2. Physical item, or 3. Full refund of book/ book is removed.The email gave a link to email back. I said a kindle book.

Day 2. May 1 - I get an email from another CS Rep, saying that they checked the book. Yes it was the monthly deal, & it was a computer glitch. We will give you a $5.00 promotional discount for your trouble.

I buy a book that night. No credit.

Day 3. May 2. Thinking that I ordered too soon, I order another book in the afternoon. No credit. Last night, I call CS this time & go through the whole thing. The CS Rep said that you can not get credit on some books because of the authors/ publishers! Huh! She is now going to credit my credit card $6.00, but wait 2-3 days for the credit to appear on my Credit Card. Okay, I say.

Day 4. May 3. TODAY. I CAN NOT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED NEXT! I get 2 emails from amazon saying that my 2 books - monthly deal book & the book I bought yesterday has been removed & that I will get a refund for both books for the price that I paid on my CC. What???. I never agreed to that. Why would I want to lose the monthly deal price for the book? I will not pay for the price of the book now. Amazon has lost a sale. I spent so much time on the phone yesterday, when I had very little time yesterday to waste & I thought that this problem was finally resolved. Guess not! Thanks for letting me gripe.  :o

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    Re: Kindle CS - What the .....happened?
    « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 06:47:50 am »
    I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience.  I would ask to talk to a supervisor...

Betsy
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Muddypawz

• Louisiana
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 08:24:35 am »
    So sorry to hear about all of your trouble.  I've never had anything but outstanding service with Kindle CS.

Good luck resolving everything!

Offline Toby

• MA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 11:21:53 am »
    Thanks! I still can not believe that the CS Rep did not do what she said or.ask for permission 1st. The emails start out stating, per your request...REALLY?  It's lucky that I read those emails from amazon 1st, because I was going to go to MYK to download the books to my other devices. I would have been wondering where my books were.  :'(

Thanks Betsy! I am now waiting for my refund credit. I hope that CS did credit my CC! I don't trust them at the moment. The email states that it could take 3-5 days, so if I don't get my credits, I will call them once again & ask for a supervisor, like you said. I am glad that you mentioned supervisor, because I was going to ask for a manager if I did not get my credits for the 2 books. I decided to skip getting the monthly deal book & I can easily order the other book again, so I will call only if I don't get a refund.

I'll let you know what happens.

Offline Toby

• MA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 11:28:30 am »
    Just to let you know, I got my credits for the 2 books on my CC today.

So, make sure you check your kindle book receipts from amazon.

Case closed. :)

Offline J_T

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 05:23:38 pm »
    And you lost an hour of your life crying about this! Boo hoo. Amazon serves a zillion customers and will make a mistake from time to time.

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 06:57:41 pm »
    And you lost an hour of your life crying about this! Boo hoo. Amazon serves a zillion customers and will make a mistake from time to time.

Well. . . that's not very charitable. . . . perhaps Toby's expectations were extremely high since Amazon has such a great CS reputation -- can't really blame him for that or for him expressing his disappointment.

Toby. . . I hope that ultimately you got every thing sorted out to your satisfaction.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Dragle

• K3, PW, Fire (orig), Fire HD 8.9, Fire HD 6
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 09:07:03 pm »
    Well. . . that's not very charitable. . . . perhaps Toby's expectations were extremely high since Amazon has such a great CS reputation -- can't really blame him for that or for him expressing his disappointment.

Toby. . . I hope that ultimately you got every thing sorted out to your satisfaction.

I agree, that was not a very nice response to Toby's post.  I'm glad to know you support kboard members being free to express their opinions and occasional disappointments with Amazon/Kindle.

Offline Toby

• MA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 09:17:07 pm »
    Thanks for sticking up for me, Ann & Dragle!!! I guess I do expect excellent service all the time from Amazon. There was no reason for DiscoDan to get snarky. Maybe I hit a nerve for DiscoDan. DiscoDan, I do realize that people, including myself, make mistakes. Maybe you are right that I should not have gotten upset that my books got removed without my consent, which was what led me to post here.

Ann, even though I lost out on the deal, & amazon lost out on a purchase, I am okay with it, because I only got this particular book because of the deal. Maybe, I am missing out on a great book, but at least I have tons of other books to read. I got credit for the 2 books removed, so I am happy to say, "problem finally resolved".
     :D

Ummm, most people think I am a male because of my name. It happens all the time. LOL! I just think it's funny. It does not bother me, really, but I happen to be female. I am named after my Great Grandmothers on my mother's side. Toby Elizabeth.

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 04:03:10 am »
    Glad to hear you're, in the end, satisfied, Toby.

I doubt DiscoDan meant to be mean at all; sometimes it's hard to express tone with just words.  Hence smilies:  :) ;) :D ;D :o 8) :P :-*  Anyway, there's certainly no need for further chastisement of a new member -- we do like everyone to feel welcome!

Oh, and FYI -- one can set one's gender in one's profile and then everyone else won't have to guess. ::)
    My Kindles
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Toby

• MA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 08:50:51 pm »
    LOL! I had a laugh over all those smiles, Ann. Thanks!

Yes, I am still okay about the final outcome.  Thanks! :D I did learn something. I wanted to let CS know about the book, in case other people had the same problem & to get credit for the difference in price. CS said in the email that they can not give you partial credit on a book. I never knew that. Did you? That's why they offered me promotional credit on a future book, which I thought was very nice.

Thanks for mentioning the profile thing. Great idea!  8) No more guessing.

Offline J_T

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 04:44:30 pm »
    I wasn't really trying to be mean, but I have worked in customer service. Stuff happens. I really didn't see the need to make a thread about your $5.00 software glitch. I highly highly highly doubt that your one little instance is a warning sign that Amazon customer service is going down the toilet, but look at the title of this thread. You're making an allegation that Amazon is not a good company anymore. I think it's not only a waste of your time but of my time because it made me read it thinking something actually important happened.
    « Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:53:06 pm by Betsy the Quilter »

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 04:52:19 pm »
    OK, Dan...

Folks are allowed to vent here.  That's fine.  Toby vented and now you've vented.  Toby's post was entirely within Forum Decorum.  What they are not allowed to do here is attack each other.  Your post was not entirely within Forum Decorum and has been edited.

As for wasting time, for goodness sake... ::) 

Let's all move on.

Toby, thanks for letting us know how it worked out and about the partial credit.

Again, anyone who finds this thread not useful, we've got lots of other ones.

Betsy
    KBoards Moderator
    « Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:54:55 pm by Betsy the Quilter »

Offline Toby

• MA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 05:44:56 pm »
    You are welcome, Betsy! Thank you!!!

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 05:58:10 pm »
    Wait. . . . we're not supposed to waste time here?  I think I have totally misunderstood something. ::) ;D
    My Kindles
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

• Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 09:45:33 pm »
    Wait. . . . we're not supposed to waste time here?  I think I have totally misunderstood something. ::) ;D

:P

Offline Toby

• MA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 07:11:38 pm »
     :P  :o  ;D

• Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 07:59:30 pm »
    All right, folks....

Let me be clear.  Apparently some of you aren't reading the thread.  If you had you'd know that (1) Toby is a woman and that (2) attacking Toby because you don't agree with her right to vent here is not going to be allowed.  Because two different moderators have already commented two separate times about uncharitable posts, I've deleted the latest uncharitable comment.  It's fine to suggest another way things could have been handled, but the post I deleted went beyond that.  (I also deleted a response to the post.)

EDIT:  Also (3), Toby DID talk to Amazon CS about the issue besides posting here.

Move on, lots of other threads.  Some of them are even current, not threads where everything has been resolved.

Thanks,

Betsy
    KBoards Moderator
    « Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 08:08:59 pm by Betsy the Quilter »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement