Author Topic: Fans of Nick Stephenson? Tempted. Very tempted.  (Read 978 times)  

Offline Emma Kathryn

• View Profile
    • Emma Kathryn Writer and Variety Artist
Fans of Nick Stephenson? Tempted. Very tempted.
« on: December 30, 2019, 03:10:21 pm »
I've done a lot of the free training offered by Nick Stephenson, and I'm at the point where I think I need to buy his course "Your First 10,000 Readers." But it is very expensive for someone like me. Who here has done the course? Would you say the methods did grow your subscribers' list adequantly? Is it worth it?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 03:13:04 pm by Emma Kathryn »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Doglover

• Cambridge, United Kingdom
    • If you want real love, buy a dog.
      • View Profile
      • Margaret Brazear Author
    Re: Fans of Nick Stephenson? Tempted. Very tempted.
    « Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 09:44:27 pm »
    I've done a lot of the free training offered by Nick Stephenson, and I'm at the point where I think I need to buy his course "Your First 10,000 Readers." But it is very expensive for someone like me. Who here has done the course? Would you say the methods did grow your subscribers' list adequantly? Is it worth it?
    I haven't done the paid course but I did the free one. He told me that if I didn't write series, I should put my most popular book out permafree. I got 50,000 downloads in six months (mostly Amazon) but only 47 subscribers. I switched that book back to paid and after five years it still sells, all on its own.

I think you'd be better off buying Mark Dawson's Ads for Authors course or his 101 course if you are new to publishing. Certainly far more worth the money in my opinion.

The past is another country; they do things differently there
    Margaret Brazear | Website | Blog | Facebook | Newsletter

Online Crystal_

• Portland, OR
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 10:47:42 am »
    I would buy Chris Fox's books if you're short on cash. They're very informative and relatively cheap.

Offline mojomikey

• Cincinnati, OH
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 01:48:07 pm »
    I would buy Chris Fox's books if you're short on cash. They're very informative and relatively cheap.

Second this. Also Patty Jansen's book marketing series(she's active here on KB)

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 03:43:03 am »
    Out of curiosity, what do you think you'll learn from this? Some "secret" to guaranteed sales? Because I'll tell you that for free:  pay someone to buy your book. Yes, it's "cheating", but that's truly the only for sure way to sell a book. Otherwise, you're like the rest of us, trying to tell the best stories we can and get them in front of people who'll want to pay to read them.

I second looking at Mark Dawson's stuff (he has free stuff as well), and the others people mentioned already. You never know what is going to be the thing that works for you, and for those of us with little money to spend, do free first, then think about spending more money. But only after you've widened your research. No one person has all the answers (and I suspect if there should by some chance be a person like that, they aren't telling).

KBoards.com

• Advertisement