Author Topic: Fitbit Fans (The Official Thread)  (Read 55239 times)  

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Card-carrying melodrama villain
    • View Profile
    • All about me....<hee hee>
Re: Fitbit Fans (The Official Thread)
« Reply #525 on: December 29, 2014, 08:32:24 pm »
Good show! I'm having a good day today. Walked almost 6.5 miles (not all at once!), had 65 very active minutes and climbed 47 flights of stairs. The Fitbit gods are smiling on KB members right now!
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
      • Origami Turtle's photostream
    « Reply #526 on: December 30, 2014, 05:07:51 am »
    47 flights of stairs! I bet those were during the 65 very active minutes. Great day!

Online Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #527 on: January 14, 2015, 09:30:09 am »
    My daughter and I have decided to go for Dopey early January 2016, four consecutive days of races beginning with a 5K, then a 10K, a half marathon, and ending with a full marathon. My youngest granddaughter will also be running the half marathon. We are still going for the Pixie Dust Challenge (10K followed by a half marathon) at Disneyland this Mother's Day weekend and I will be running another local half marathon in November. I have an appointment with my doctor next week to verify that my knee problems are not due to something serious. (I am convinced that it is due to weak glutes and abs as working on those is helping a lot.) Yesterday we used our timeshare points to book a place just outside Disney World for the week around Disney World Marathon Weekend.

The Jeff Galloway training plan for Dopey should begin at the end June. Checking against the previous plan, I will need to find a second race for the day before my November half marathon and follow the half marathon with another seven miles. :) Maybe two half marathons Veteran's Day weekend will work. ;)

Hoping for my first, and probably only, marathon three months before my 62nd birthday.  ;D

Offline Scout

• View Profile
    « Reply #528 on: January 14, 2015, 10:36:04 am »
    Oh, I love my FitBit Flex. The sleep tracker really helped me understand that I needed to make "getting sleep" a priority. I love how it tells you how many times you actually wake up during the night. Interesting.

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #529 on: January 23, 2015, 05:59:44 pm »
    I got a Fitbit Charge so I'm going to be selling my Fitbit One if anyone is interested.  It's burgundy and I still have the original box and all the accessories.  PM me if interested.  If this is not allowed here, please delete but I wanted to mention it here in case anyone was interested or needed one.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Online Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #530 on: January 29, 2015, 05:48:32 am »
    Visited my doctor earlier this week concerning various joint issues. X-Rays of hand and knee show mild osteoarthritis in my hand but my knee looks great except for some fluid above the kneecap. :) My knee pain had moved from the IT band location to above my knee. Now it appears to be just normal muscle swelling from exercising different muscles and some increased kneeling and squatting at work. Taking it easy on the runs for a while and working on exercises and remembering to use the foam roller.
    « Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:53:49 am by Annalog »

Offline readingril

• View Profile
    « Reply #531 on: January 29, 2015, 05:51:46 am »
    What sort of exercises are you doing with the foam roller? One was recommended to me when I was having upper back / shoulder issues and I haven't used it in ages.

Online Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #532 on: January 29, 2015, 07:31:07 pm »
    What sort of exercises are you doing with the foam roller? One was recommended to me when I was having upper back / shoulder issues and I haven't used it in ages.
    I don't do exercises with the foam roller, instead I use it to massage the tight and painful spots in my legs, hips, and glutes. See WHAT IS A FOAM ROLLER, HOW DO I USE IT, AND WHY DOES IT HURT for one explanation.

The exercises I am doing are ones to improve my core strength, posture, and running/walking speed but those don't use the foam roller.

Offline The Hooded Claw

• View Profile
    « Reply #533 on: January 31, 2015, 08:17:13 am »
    I haven't done this myself, but it appears the AT&T Wireless store is giving 15% off the Fitbit Surge and other Fitbit trackers.

http://www.att.com/wearables/health-and-fitness/fitbit-surge-smartwatch-with-heart-rate-monitor-iphone-and-android.html?partner=LinkShare&siteId=Es5Ekr9eEBk-L04ZaFrf6zXwahtCQQm1Aw#sku=sku7510242

Discounts on the Surge are unusual! I'm satisfied with my Fitbit One, so won't be buying.
    "Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Online Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #534 on: February 13, 2015, 09:05:33 am »
    I discovered this morning that the Fire HDX 8.9 that I received yesterday will sync with my FitBit One. :D Both my android phone and my older Fire were unable to do this, probably due to having older versions of Bluetooth hardware. Now I won't have to turn on my netbook just to sync my FitBit. 🚶🏃

Offline The Hooded Claw

• View Profile
    « Reply #535 on: February 23, 2015, 02:04:32 pm »
     Betsy, did you lose your Fitbit? You haven't shown up on the leader board for awhile. Do we need to ensure you for a new one?

Online Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #536 on: March 08, 2015, 06:40:55 pm »
    Ran the 5K Coaster run at Knott's Berry Farm this morning with a PR pace of 13:51. Then spent most of the rest of the day at Knott's Berry Farm.

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #537 on: April 23, 2015, 08:39:57 am »
    OK, I'm back!!!

I've got a Fitbit Charge HR now.  Figure I won't wash it by accident like I did my One.  Though I do love how my One says hi to me.

The washed One works intermittently, but the battery doesn't seem to last very long, and then I can't get it working, so I just gave up.  Though, of course, as soon as the Charge HR got here, it started working again!  Nothing like a little competition.

I do like the Charge HR...the heart rate info so far seems pretty accurate!

So, let's get the spring challenge going!

Good for you, Anna!  Running is still out for me, but I'm hoping to get the walking going well.

Betsy

Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline readingril

• View Profile
    « Reply #538 on: April 23, 2015, 09:51:04 am »
    My Fitbit is taking a lonnnnnnnnnnnng rest. Having a knee replacement on Monday, but knee didn't make it 'til the replacement and crapped out beginning of last week.

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #539 on: April 23, 2015, 10:36:37 am »
    Readinril!

Hope the replacement goes smoothly and you can get back in shape soon!

Betsy

Offline Seamonkey

• Fountain Valley, CA
      • View Profile
      • TV Clubhouse
    « Reply #540 on: April 23, 2015, 10:55:58 am »
    Betsy, when you charge your Charge HR and then remove it from the charging cable, it will "talk" to you.  Last time, mine said "HOLD ME".  Gave me a smile.  Welcome back!!!

Readingril, hope the surgery goes very well!!  I know it is quite a rehab, but people who have had replacements are very pleased, at least those I know.

Anna, if you come to Orange County again, maybe we could meet up.  Not that I'm running, but still walking. 

This weekend I'm doing a shortened Relay for Life event.. it is from 9am - 9pm but I have to leave in the middle for a 4 hour gig at the shelter where I volunteer with cats.  Kitten and Puppy Shower where we hope to get lots of donated goodies (with those working the event probably bringing much of it) for the fosters who take in kittens and puppies with or without moms to raise until they are big enough to return to be neutered and adopted out at the shelter. 

I still hope to walk 12 miles this year at Relay.

I'm enjoying my CHARGE HR. 

Actually I have two.  I ordered the device in Plum, not realizing that the color would put off delivery by 3 months.  Then I wasn't sure they had my order and I saw one small Charge HR in black at Kohl's and went ahead and bought it, even got $30 in Kohl's cash.  My Force was still working but looking a bit worn.. and I wanted the heart rate.

Betsy, since you have a Charge HR and a ONE, you can switch back and forth and have all the steps count.  If there was a formal occasion where you didn't want the wristband. you could use the ONE.

(Make your own reading bar)

SeaSnork on Words with Friends

• Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #541 on: April 23, 2015, 11:17:04 am »
    Betsy, when you charge your Charge HR and then remove it from the charging cable, it will "talk" to you.  Last time, mine said "HOLD ME".  Gave me a smile.  Welcome back!!!

Good to know!  I need to charge it.

I'm enjoying my CHARGE HR. 

Actually I have two.  I ordered the device in Plum, not realizing that the color would put off delivery by 3 months.  Then I wasn't sure they had my order and I saw one small Charge HR in black at Kohl's and went ahead and bought it, even got $30 in Kohl's cash.  My Force was still working but looking a bit worn.. and I wanted the heart rate.

Betsy, since you have a Charge HR and a ONE, you can switch back and forth and have all the steps count.  If there was a formal occasion where you didn't want the wristband. you could use the ONE.

Thanks for the good info!  I didn't want to wait for a plum one...and decided the black one would look good with everything.  I'm very pleased so far.

Glad to be back!

Betsy
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:29:00 pm by Betsy the Quilter »

Offline readingril

• View Profile
    « Reply #542 on: April 23, 2015, 01:32:02 pm »
    Thank you. The reality is here as the hospital did the pre-medical interview on the phone today and my FMLA was *finally* approved.

Offline Seamonkey

• Fountain Valley, CA
      • View Profile
      • TV Clubhouse
    « Reply #543 on: April 23, 2015, 05:32:24 pm »
    Glad you got approved!

Betsy, I am perfectly happy with the black CHARG HR as well.

Kind of odd..  I had posted from home upthread, then was at UC I Medical Center and got on their wifi there with my Fire HDX.    At first their wifi labeled Kboards as an "adult" site and wouldn't let me access.  Later I was in another building and it let me read your reply but when I tried to post I got the "adult content" again.

Strange.

• Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #544 on: April 23, 2015, 05:39:34 pm »
    Yeah, some places filter us because of some of the stuff in the Writers' Caf and the Book Bazaar.  We've gotten stricter, but I think some of the lists still have us as adult. :(

Readingril, glad you got approved!

Betsy

Online Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #545 on: April 23, 2015, 11:01:25 pm »
    Glad you are back, Betsy!

Readingril, glad you got approved. Sending wishes that all goes well.

Seamonkey, my daughter, granddaughters, and I will be in Anaheim for Mother's Day weekend. My daughter and I will be running the inaugural Pixie Dust Challenge (10K Saturday and half marathon Sunday). My youngest granddaughter will also be running the half marathon, and my oldest granddaughter will be providing some race support. My daughter and I will be running the 10K as Mike and Sully from Monsters Inc., I will be Sully. For the half marathon, I will be Mad Madame Mim, my daughter will be Captain Hook, and my granddaughter will be the Evil Queen.

I will be slow, as usual. I am going to physical therapy for my knee. It is much better an I was getting faster. However, I now have a cold and I have not been running as I am trying to avoid bronchitis. I will know by Monday about the bronchitis.

• Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #546 on: April 26, 2015, 05:34:26 pm »
    Sigh...

twisted my ankle today at the car show we were at when I stepped in a deep straw covered hole.

Betsy

Offline The Hooded Claw

• View Profile
    « Reply #547 on: April 26, 2015, 05:47:24 pm »
    My Fitbit One decided it liked South America so much it would stay there! As described in the thread in NQK, i got a new one at Best Buy this morning less than 24 hours after arriving back in the USA!  :D I just miss all those steps I accumulated uncounted in sightseeing on Easter Island.

My Fitbit seemed to get confused more at high altitude. Several times I had unexplained large numbers of stairs climbed. The highlight being at Machu Picchu where I climbed 146 flights of stairs in 15 minutes!  :o at least because of the time recorded for this amazing feat, I can tell it was counting the bus ride from the hotel to Machu Picchu!

One thing that aggravated me was that I got NO very active minutes during almost a week at high altitude (9000 feet or more). Even though just walking up stairs at a good pace could be pretty stressing at that height!

Offline Seamonkey

• Fountain Valley, CA
      • View Profile
      • TV Clubhouse
    « Reply #548 on: April 26, 2015, 07:06:52 pm »
    Betsy, I hope it isn't too bad, and will resolve quickly.

Claw.. well I see that you are putting your new fitbit to work.  Which one did you get?

• Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #549 on: April 27, 2015, 04:21:06 am »
    Thanks, Seamonkey!  It actually seems much better this morning (I elevated it and iced it on and off much the evening last night).  Considering how much it hurt when I moved it in certain ways last night, I'm very hopeful!  I think I'll try my walk today.

Sorry to hear about your One, Claw!!!  What kind of phone do you have?  Were you able to use a pedometer on your phone?

Betsy

KBoards.com

• Advertisement