Author Topic: Need some advice  (Read 547 times)  

Offline Michael_J_Sullivan

• Fairfax, VA
    • View Profile
Need some advice
« on: June 11, 2013, 06:20:15 pm »
There seems to be a company that is churning out books that I suspect are being "automatically created by bots."  I recently found the following books which are based off of my books:

• 100 Common Misconceptions about Theft of Swords: Riyria Revelations, Book 1 by Jonathan Arling
  • 100 Things You Don't Wanna Know about Theft of Swords: Riyria Revelations, Book 1 by Joseph Seeding
  • 100 Unexpected Statements about Theft of Swords: Riyria Revelations, Book 1 by William Read
  • The Most Intimate Revelations about Theft of Swords: Riyria Revelations, Book 1 by Michael Kemp
  • 100 of the Most Shocking Reviews Theft of Swords: Riyria Revelations, Book 1 by Isaac Strong
  • 10 000 Pigs Can't Be Wrong: Unexpected Reviews Theft of Swords: Riyria Revelations, Book 1 by Anna Penning
  • Women Love Girth... the Fattest 100 Facts on Heir of Novron: Riyria Revelations, Book 3 by Oliver Manning
  • My Grandma Loves This!: 100 Interesting Factoids about Heir of Novron: Riyria Revelations, Book 3 by Christian Payne

I can't imagine they have any 'real content' - is there some place on Amazon I can report these to so that they investigate and remove them?
Wikipedia | Amazon | Twitter | Blog/Website |  Bundled Hollow World DRM-free ebooks with purchase of print or audio

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline WG McCabe

• The hero WC deserves
      • View Profile
    Re: Need some advice
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 06:22:23 pm »
    Maybe they're "serious parody", a term I just stumbled across tonight.

Offline AndreSanThomas

• Somewhere between A and Z
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 06:23:40 pm »
    At the bottom of the book is a link about inappropriate content and such.  Find the one about copyright violations and follow the instructions.
    Steamy hot erotica for grown ups.
    http://andresanthomas.blogspot.com

Offline Joe_Nobody

• Texas (east and west)
      • View Profile
      • Joe Nobody Books
    « Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 06:27:01 pm »
    I looked them up, and the first one is a collection of reviews from your original book. The description state:

"In this book, we have hand-picked the most sophisticated, unanticipated, absorbing (if not at times crackpot!), original and musing book reviews of "Theft of Swords: Riyria Revelations, Book 1". Don't say we didn't warn you: these reviews are known to shock with their unconventionality or intimacy. Some may be startled by their biting sincerity; others may be spellbound by their unbridled flights of fantasy. Don't buy this book if: 1. You don't have nerves of steel. 2. You expect to get pregnant in the next five minutes. 3. You've heard it all."

It is only available in paperback, is 44 pages (I didn't know you could print one that small) and hasn't sold any copies.

Offline Greg Banks

• GA
    • Also known by the pseudonym "Drew Griot".
      • View Profile
      • The Digital Griot
    « Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 06:28:20 pm »
    Maybe they're "serious parody", a term I just stumbled across tonight.

Sounds like you've been looking at some ebooks I'm quite familiar with...

To the OP, those books are in print only, have no sales, and oddly, no previews except for the front and back covers. I wonder if they are totally blank on the inside?
    Free content:
         Paid content:
    My Websites:
    WebsiteBlog | TwitterFacebook | Art Portfolio

Offline BelindaPepper

• Aussieland
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 06:31:00 pm »
    Oh my god dude! This is the first time I've seen this. Report to Amazon. But honestly I don't think they're gonna make sales, therefore they'll soon disappear into the Amazon abyss (aka readers are less likely to innocently stumble across these books).
    Looking for NON-FICTION editors, interior designers, and ebook formatters! https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,184927

Offline Joe_Nobody

• Texas (east and west)
      • View Profile
      • Joe Nobody Books
    « Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 06:32:19 pm »
    They are all the same book... all the same length, description, cover and price.

I think I'd be letting Amazon know through normal customer support on KPD or Createspace.

Offline Michael_J_Sullivan

• Fairfax, VA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 07:25:05 pm »
    At the bottom of the book is a link about inappropriate content and such.  Find the one about copyright violations and follow the instructions.

I might be blind - can you help me find this link? I know how to do that or a review - but I don't see it for a book.
    Wikipedia | Amazon | Twitter | Blog/Website |  Bundled Hollow World DRM-free ebooks with purchase of print or audio

KBoards.com

• Advertisement