Author Topic: Are you an author? Add yourself to our KB AUTHORS PAGE!  (Read 390873 times)  

Offline Shlomi

• View Profile
Re: Are you an author? Add yourself to our KB AUTHORS PAGE!
« Reply #600 on: July 26, 2018, 07:39:31 am »
Long time writer, first time poster on kboards, after published kindle authors all pointed in this direction. Looking to help the writing community and learn how to best write, position, and market my books (science fiction, murder mystery, and thrillers).

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline michaelcsahd

• Texas
      • View Profile
      • The Official Website of Author Michael C. Sahd
    « Reply #601 on: August 01, 2018, 08:40:13 am »
    Update! Authors can now add themselves to our KB Authors page, regardless of your current sales level.

Go to https://kboards.com/authors to see a list of KB authors, sorted by estimated sales.

Near the top, there's a link for you to add your own sales data. Each author can only add/edit his own sales data.

For those of you who use pen names, or who have author names different from your KB names, there is a place for you to list up to five of those.

Please give it a go and let me know your feedback. Thanks!

Help!

Over the years, we've had several fascinating threads showing KB authors who have reached sales milestones (e.g. this outdated list of authors selling 50,000 books or more, and Hugh's thread about authors paying the bills through their book sales, to name just a couple.

We would like to create an official KB list of best-selling authors, which lists KB authors based on sales milestones. This would be something we would maintain in this forum, and post periodically in our blog. I expect it could get a fair bit of publicity if it's done right.

I envision this as a listing of authors who have reached the various sales levels of:

Some questions, though...

1. How would we make this a reliable (i.e. verifiable) source of info? Ask for screenshots of Amazon KDP sales data?

2. How to handle factoring in sales from BN, Kobo, Smashwords, Apple, etc? Or should it be based just on Kindle sales?

3. Indie (self--pub) only? Indie and small-pub? Or any authors of e-books, whether they're indie, small-pub or big-pub?

4. Include freebies or only paid books in the milestone thresholds?

5. Any other thoughts/ideas? Is this an achievable idea?

Thank you for creating this! I'm certain this will come in handy for many authors. I added my name to the list.  ;D

~ Michael C. Sahd
    Lavender Rose: 20%
    I would love to hear from you on social media!
    Michael C. Sahd | Author Page | Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | LibraryThing

Offline billlee35

• View Profile
    « Reply #602 on: August 12, 2018, 10:06:31 am »
    Hi just found this forum- really good read

After a few years of writing short comedy sketches for friends i reluctantly put a few of them into an ebook a few months ago, then proceeded to forget
    about it!
    Usual stuff.. busy with everyday life, a bit embarrassed about promoting it etc but after a few compliments I decided to revisit it again.

Anyway i write uk based cynical, surreal, satirical comedy based upon the absurdity of our established norms within the modern world

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oh-Times-Customs-Bill-Lee-ebook/dp/B07BN5KLY3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1534092847&sr=8-1&keywords=bill+lee+oh+the+times

looking forward to reading the forum and perhaps discovering a few new authors I may appreciate

Offline timpholden

• View Profile
    « Reply #603 on: August 23, 2018, 04:16:02 am »
    good idea. To give us newbies a chance to catch up could i suggest the following catergories:

1. Fastest selling book  (Ie new authors who are making a splash)
    2. Most sales per individual book (which you would hope would reflect quality not just quantity of output)

Offline Elizabeth35

• View Profile
    « Reply #604 on: October 11, 2018, 03:18:38 am »
    Hello!

I just published my first book and am excited about this new journey. I write horror, sci-fi, urban fantasy, paranormal romance, steamfunk, epic fantasy, and YA with a focus on African American folklore, culture and characters.

I hope to learn all I can from you all.

Elizabeth K.N.Banks

Offline Jacob Roberts

• View Profile
    « Reply #605 on: October 12, 2018, 03:41:48 am »
    Hi guys!
    I just published my first Kindle book and I'm so excited! Hope readers will like it as I tried to make it super useful and practical for those who struggle from the lack of self-confidence.
    I'm glad to be here, such a nice place for readers and writers  :)

Offline Reyaz Nadeem

• Kolkata, India
    • Truth Alone Triumphs!
      • View Profile
      • Lovers of Truth!
    « Reply #606 on: October 13, 2018, 04:18:34 am »
    It is really a wonderful idea. Those sales numbers can really give a headache psychologically.

Amazing Collection of Non-fiction works related to Truth.
    Reyaz Nadeem | Goodreads | Quora | Medium

Offline Joe SoParfi

• View Profile
    « Reply #607 on: November 19, 2018, 04:47:37 pm »
    Long-time writer and finance nerd. Hoping to: expand my horizons by learning new things, develop stronger marketing skills, and build great relationships.

Joe SoParfi | Books

Offline TonyK

• View Profile
    « Reply #608 on: December 24, 2018, 05:43:00 am »
    Hi,

I just published a new non-fiction bio called Young John McGraw Of Truxton. Looking forward to discovering new ideas and getting advice.

Tony Kissel

Offline verbena C.W.

• Beijing
    • Writer, Editor of Liu Cixin
      • View Profile
      • spaceofgod
    « Reply #609 on: January 11, 2019, 09:29:11 pm »
    Hello to everyone here ^_^

This is my new title updating on a Chinese light novel site, which is no. 2 on the popular ranking.

http://www.spaceofgod.com/web/novel/46

Offline Congratulations

• View Profile
    « Reply #610 on: January 17, 2019, 10:03:56 pm »
    My name is Congratulations :)! So pleased to be here. I've heard lots of good things about it here. I've published two romance novellas and in the process of editing the next. xxx

Offline fkendall

• View Profile
    « Reply #611 on: February 11, 2019, 05:45:46 am »
    I don't see how to add myself to the author's page.

Offline richardoz

• View Profile
    « Reply #612 on: October 20, 2019, 07:10:27 pm »
    Hi everyone. Just discovered this forum and joined. Working on a big novel about two men growing up in Australia between 1900 and 1930. But I did get momentarily sidetracked and wrote an erotic romance novel, the first of three planned. I've uploaded to Amazon. Paperback or Kindle. It will be interesting to see what happens. Cheers.

PS Still trying to work out how to put the proper sized image on here. Hopefully will fix soon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BPY6SP6

Offline richardoz

• View Profile
    « Reply #613 on: October 20, 2019, 09:41:08 pm »
    Got it! Just worked out how to add the right size image.

Offline mlaonline

• View Profile
    « Reply #614 on: November 11, 2019, 09:18:46 am »
    I'm new here and followed your recommendation to add myself to the KB Authors page. Thank you. However, I noticed at the top of the list a few authors who estimated their sales at over a million then went on to say they had just published their first book. Think either they missed the part about your honor system or thought they were supposed to estimate their wildest dreams. ::)

Marla L. Anderson | Website | Facebook page

Offline CarlosAleman

• View Profile
      • As Happy As Carlos Aleman
    « Reply #615 on: November 18, 2019, 08:09:36 am »
    My free ebook promo begins today (Nov. 18)

Carlos Aleman, author of 'As Happy As Ling'
    CarlosAleman.com

Offline pgoordyal

• View Profile
    « Reply #616 on: March 24, 2020, 05:43:59 am »
    Hello there,

My name is Bonita Gonsalvez and I was wondering if any of could provide an honest review of my recent publication on KDP, please?

This is a book and an honest review will be much appreciated.

In exchange, perhaps I can review yours?

Here is the link : https://amzn.to/2VFER2D

Thank you

Bonita

Offline Cloud Von Wordsmith

• View Profile
    « Reply #617 on: April 06, 2020, 07:27:44 pm »
    Hi am a new author having only just completed an eighty thousand word novel. If anyone wants to beta read my story please message me. I would really like to get feedback negative or positive. this is a link to my novel on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Knowledge-Destiny-Hidden-World/dp/1687631565

Offline aaronlsmith

• Chesapeake, VA
    • Educator and Author who serves children
      • View Profile
      • Blank Check: What If You Were Asked To Reinvent Public Education?
    « Reply #618 on: April 25, 2020, 05:19:20 am »
    Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively new author with a book coming out on May 5th, called Blank Check: What If You Could Reinvent Public Education?  It will be available on Amazon at https://tinyurl.com/OrderBlankCheck

Feel free to check out my trailer and grab the first chapter, Teach at https://aaronsmithphd.com/blank-check/

Looking forward to reading and enjoying the dialogue with you to come.
    « Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 05:24:13 am by aaronlsmith »
    Aaron L. Smith
    Author of Blank Check and Awakening Your STEM School

Offline Larkkii

• View Profile
    « Reply #619 on: April 26, 2020, 03:11:36 am »
    Update! Authors can now add themselves to our KB Authors page, regardless of your current sales level.

Go to https://kboards.com/authors to see a list of KB authors, sorted by estimated sales.

Near the top, there's a link for you to add your own sales data. Each author can only add/edit his own sales data.

For those of you who use pen names, or who have author names different from your KB names, there is a place for you to list up to five of those.

Please give it a go and let me know your feedback. Thanks!

Help!

Over the years, we've had several fascinating threads showing KB authors who have reached sales milestones (e.g. this outdated list of authors selling 50,000 books or more, and Hugh's thread about authors paying the bills through their book sales, to name just a couple.

We would like to create an official KB list of best-selling authors, which lists KB authors based on sales milestones. This would be something we would maintain in this forum, and post periodically in our blog. I expect it could get a fair bit of publicity if it's done right.

I envision this as a listing of authors who have reached the various sales levels of:

Some questions, though...

1. How would we make this a reliable (i.e. verifiable) source of info? Ask for screenshots of Amazon KDP sales data?

2. How to handle factoring in sales from BN, Kobo, Smashwords, Apple, etc? Or should it be based just on Kindle sales?

3. Indie (self--pub) only? Indie and small-pub? Or any authors of e-books, whether they're indie, small-pub or big-pub?

4. Include freebies or only paid books in the milestone thresholds?

5. Any other thoughts/ideas? Is this an achievable idea?

I'm not an author,but i like follow new people

Offline spookyboo

• View Profile
    « Reply #620 on: May 14, 2020, 03:26:37 pm »
    I'm a new author in print through a publisher and Kindle. I also publish my own work on kindle and on my podcast.

What is considered a sale here? I don't know (yet) how many copies of the work in the work through the publisher as it is new. I do know how many KU downloads and actual sales I've had. I also know how many downloads I get on the podcast. I'm assuming I cannot use the podcast number in the sales figure :) Are KU downloads considered sales?

Thanks!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement