Author Topic: Content manager help needed!  (Read 584 times)  

Offline PraiseGod13

• Iowa
  • <'///>< Member #54
    • View Profile
Content manager help needed!
« on: November 13, 2009, 10:37:32 am »
I've read through our previous discussions on content manager and don't see my problem addressed before.  I have a KK and was getting down on available room thanks to all of the recent free and bargain books.  I had about 4 MB of space left.  I finished the LOTR trilogy and went to my Content Manager and removed it from my Kindle.  Normally, it would then show up with the "Amazon" location listed under the title.... but instead, it disappeared from Content Manager completely.  I then noticed that the only books in my Content Manager are the books that are on my Kindle and I got a message stating I was getting low on space.  I checked, and I have "Show All" checked as my Content Manager preference.... but it isn't showing all books.  So, I got busy and removed a lot of TBR books from my Kindle and now have 23MB of space freed up.  Still only have the Kindle books in my Content Manager.... removing books and making room made no difference.  I have now done a soft restart (Alt-Shift-R), have completely turned my KK off and then back on again, changed my preference to "Show Kindle Only" and then back again to "Show All"...... and no matter what I do, my Content Manager will not show all.  Has anyone experienced this before and do I have any other options before I call CS??  I like being able to re-download books I have had to delete to make more room when I am ready to read them.... and want all of my Amazon purchased books in my Content Manager.  UGH!!

MaKK (K1) & Shemar (K3)
Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own. ~ William Hazl

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline sebat

• View Profile
    Re: Content manager help needed!
    « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 10:51:53 am »
    Have you tried turning on whispernet?  Sometimes the Kindle just needs to make connections back with Amazon. 

Offline PraiseGod13

• Iowa
    • <'///>< Member #54
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 11:13:46 am »
    That's about the only thing I haven't tried.  Makes good sense.... thanks sebat!!  I'll post my results.......

PHEW!!!  It worked and my books are all back in Content Mgr!!   Thank you so much!!  I rarely turn on Whispernet..... only to download a book I have purchased because it drains my battery in no time at all.  DH was already trying to figure out how he could help me start a "Replace the KK" fund because we were worried mine was going bad.  You saved the day sebat!  KindleBoarders are the best!!
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 11:23:20 am by PraiseGod13 »

MaKK (K1) & Shemar (K3)
    Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own. ~ William Hazl

Offline sebat

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 11:50:56 am »
    Glad I could help.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement