Author Topic: A little advice  (Read 325 times)  

Offline Shawn Hilton

• Germany
    • View Profile
    • Dark Roses Entertainment
A little advice
« on: July 23, 2013, 05:58:29 pm »
OK with the first book in the series coming out on Aug 1st. I had an idea for a novella to go along with it. But the idea to tell the story, I have never seen done in a book, in a TV show yea but not in a book. I want to tell the story like the main character is telling the story to someone. So there are scenes breaks in the story, where you see the main character telling the story to his Alpha. But I royal suck(and I know this already) At writing in first person, and the scenes where he is telling the story is in normal narrating 3rd person. But do you think it could work doing the whole thing in narrating 3rd person. if i do it this way. A tv show I saw that did about what i am thinking of was a farscape episode where they went to a party planet, because the pilot had thrown the two male leads off the ship.

So yea some imput would be appreciated.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline NoCat

• View Profile
      • My website
    Re: A little advice
    « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 06:04:27 pm »
    Read "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss.  He does this masterfully (a story in a story, in a story).  It's totally possible to do.  If that's how you feel the story needs to be told, tell it that way. There are no rules.

Offline Shawn Hilton

• Germany
      • View Profile
      • Dark Roses Entertainment
    Re: A little advice
    « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 06:18:25 pm »
    yea thats exactly what I mean, like a story in a story. I get this alot, where the story will jump into my head, and it has to be told exactly as it comes into my head, and thats how I see it playing out. My writing partner calls it my own personal brand of insanity..lol

KBoards.com

• Advertisement