Author Topic: Amy Bloom Short Story  (Read 1089 times)  

Offline PraiseGod13

• Iowa
  • <'///>< Member #54
    • View Profile
Amy Bloom Short Story
« on: December 09, 2009, 11:27:18 am »
$0.99

Can anyone figure this out, because I can't.  When you click on this for Between Here and Now, it takes you to the pre-order for Where the God of Love Hangs out.  It says on the cover that Between Here and Now is "From the Collection of Where the God of Love Hangs Out".  So, this appears to be an excerpt.  But it shows the same number of pages (DTB) for both titles, making it look like it's the same book.  Any insight??

MaKK (K1) & Shemar (K3)
Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own. ~ William Hazl

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Sporadic

• Cocoa Beach, Florida
      • View Profile
    Amy Bloom Short Story
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 11:55:19 am »
    Can anyone figure this out, because I can't.  When you click on this for Between Here and Now, it takes you to the pre-order for Where the God of Love Hangs out.  It says on the cover that Between Here and Now is "From the Collection of Where the God of Love Hangs Out".  So, this appears to be an excerpt.  But it shows the same number of pages (DTB) for both titles, making it look like it's the same book.  Any insight??

Now that I look at it, I think it is 1 short story out of the collection that is coming out later this year.

The Kindle Team posted about it on their Twitter.

http://twitter.com/KindleReads

Sorry if this doesn't fit this thread.

Offline victoriag

• View Profile
    Amy Bloom Short Story
    « Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 01:26:57 pm »
     ::)
    Was way too click happy and one-clicked it for $.99
    Now I see it's just an extended sample???  Anyone know if I can get a refund?  I haven't turned on my Kindle as yet...

Offline pidgeon92

• Chicago IL
    • Nothin' but a hound dog.
      • View Profile
      • Carmen-Ashland Building
    Amy Bloom Short Story
    « Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 01:31:19 pm »
    ::)
    Was way too click happy and one-clicked it for $.99
    Now I see it's just an extended sample???  Anyone know if I can get a refund?  I haven't turned on my Kindle as yet...

Not turning on your Kindle makes no difference, you still bought it.... To return, you can call customer service:

Amazon Kindle customer service: 1-866-321-8851

More CS information: How do I contact customer service?

my e-readers: Kindle 2 Kindle 3 nook iPad Sony-950

Offline luvkin

• View Profile
    Amy Bloom Short Story
    « Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 01:48:53 pm »
    I clicked too but only after I saw it's 224 pages, so maybe not just an extended sample?  I read a brief description and it sounded very good.

Offline victoriag

• View Profile
    Amy Bloom Short Story
    « Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 01:51:57 pm »
    Where did you read a description?  Couldn't even find that...
    And for $.99 I'm not too worried about it.  I *thought* maybe there was a way to "return" it if I didn't send it to my Kindle yet...aside from calling I mean.  It's okay though, I think I'll just go ahead and read it...  :D

Offline luvkin

• View Profile
    Re: Amy Bloom Short Story
    « Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 02:13:58 pm »
    From Random House website:

ABOUT THIS BOOK
    A unique offer for fans of Amy Bloom, bestselling author of Away...sample just one piece from her stunning new collection of interconnected short stories. Available at this special price for a limited time only.

Love, in its many forms and complexities, weaves through New York Times bestselling author Amy Blooms astonishing and astute new work. Insightful, sensuous, and heartbreakingly funny, Where the God of Love Hangs Out illuminates the mysteries of love, family, and friendship.

In the haunting story Between Here and Here, a daughter reluctantly steps in to take care of the infirm father she hated for so many years. As a tribute to her late mother, and to show that she is a better person than her father, she gives everything she has to this terrible old man and revises history.

Between Here and Here and the eleven other stories that comprise Where the God of Love Hangs Out showcase stories of passion and disappointment, life and death, that beautifully capture deep human truths.

Offline victoriag

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 02:18:20 pm »
    Thanks Luvkin!  Sounds like it should be a good read then...

Offline luvkin

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 02:19:47 pm »
    You're welcome, Victoria.  I agree that it sounds like a good read.  Enjoy!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement