Kindle Forum banner

Outlander - Starz - Season 3 September 10th

102K views 1K replies 35 participants last post by  prairiesky 
#1 ·
#127 ·
Meemo said:
I read the book a few years ago, DH has never read it. When we're watching TV together he usually has the remote & decides what we'll watch next. I did "demand" that we watch the first episode (I think right after the second had aired) - since then he's chosen to watch every subsequent episode almost immediately after it airs. So apparently he's enjoying it a lot.

I don't think he'd enjoy the book much though - probably too much romance for him. And I've never read the other books. But I might try giving them a listen now since the narrator is supposed to be so good.
Davina Porter does a wonderful job. She's the one that turned me on to audiobooks.

I'm listening to Book 8 now. It's a little odd watching the first book unfold, then skipping all the way to the eighth book.

#128 ·
Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake' said:
I'm listening to Book 8 now. It's a little odd watching the first book unfold, then skipping all the way to the eighth book.
I'm doing the same... half listening half reading the 8th book. I am seeing tv Jamie now as I read, but tv Claire still doesn't quite match the Claire in my head so I'm still seeing my version of book Claire as I read.

#129 ·
readingril said:
I'm doing the same... half listening half reading the 8th book. I am seeing tv Jamie now as I read, but tv Claire still doesn't quite match the Claire in my head so I'm still seeing my version of book Claire as I read.
I'm more seeing Claire as gray-haired with spectacles. ;D Jamie is approximately 57 years old (born 1721) and Claire is about 61 or 62 (born 1918 and 27 when she went through the stones). I'm pretty sure it was the seventh book that Jamie took them both to buy spectacles.

#130 ·
Another fantastic episode. Funny thing was that normally we watch everything on time delay recorded. We watched the last episodes on Sunday for example. Hubby saw in the recordings the show being recorded and he's like, oh is that a new one? Lets watch it.  :eek:. I don't remember seeing him this eager since Deadwood and Fringe and Lost.
And we were both glue to the TV. For me, not so surprising considering its Outlander, but I am still amazed how much he likes the show. They really hit it out of the park I think to make this interesting to everyone. He isn't very interested usually in this history. WW2, yes, he is interested. But not anything about Scotland. They made it interesting.

And then he cracked me up when he started whistling the theme song and he walks off with his tea grumbling "Now I got that d*** highlander song stuck in my head."  ;D  :p

We only have 3 more now do we  :eek: :eek: :eek:. Then long wait. I don't want it to end.

#131 ·
Atunah said:
Another fantastic episode. Funny thing was that normally we watch everything on time delay recorded. We watched the last episodes on Sunday for example. Hubby saw in the recordings the show being recorded and he's like, oh is that a new one? Lets watch it. :eek:. I don't remember seeing him this eager since Deadwood and Fringe and Lost.
And we were both glue to the TV. For me, not so surprising considering its Outlander, but I am still amazed how much he likes the show. They really hit it out of the park I think to make this interesting to everyone. He isn't very interested usually in this history. WW2, yes, he is interested. But not anything about Scotland. They made it interesting.

And then he cracked me up when he started whistling the theme song and he walks off with his tea grumbling "Now I got that d*** highlander song stuck in my head." ;D :p

We only have 3 more now do we :eek: :eek: :eek:. Then long wait. I don't want it to end.
I had to buy that from Amazon MP3 yesterday to get it out of my head.

Do we have any clue how long this 'break' is going to last?

I finished MOBY! YAY!

#132 ·
Atunah, I'm so glad your husband likes it. Even my SiL thought it might be interesting from the trailer. Maybe he and DD are secretly watching it.

Readingril, somebody upthread posted about how long the delay is going to be. Not nearly as long as the delay for Sherlock.

I'll probably get to watch it tomorrow night. From the trailer, I'm getting a better sense of Dougal. Now that they're on the road, he'll be on screen a lot more.

I still can hardly believe I'm finally getting to see my very favorite book come to life. In fact, I may never read it again and it was always an annual read for me.

I'm still listening to MOBY. I think I have about 15 hours to go. I'm just where
John and Germaine have reached the ferry and Percival has appeared.

I've been having a problem with my MP3 player. I guess they only last about a year. I keep getting a low battery signal. So I downloaded the audible app to my phone and I'm listening to it there. It takes some getting used to the controls because you can only FF or RW at the very instant you turn the phone on. Yesterday, I found where I can skip to a chapter, but today, I couldn't find it again.

It's a pain because I don't want to miss one single word and it didn't sync all the way to the last bit read. Aarrggghhhhh!!!!

#137 ·
Does everyone have their wee (or not so wee) dram of whisky ready for tonight's episode. I may have to cover my eyes when BJR flogs Jamie. In a TV interview, Sam said that the one time he experienced serious pain was during one of those scenes. He said Tobias Menzies got lost in BJR's character. Ouch!

#138 ·
Harriet Schultz said:
Does everyone have their wee (or not so wee) dram of whisky ready for tonight's episode. I may have to cover my eyes when BJR flogs Jamie. In a TV interview, Sam said that the one time he experienced serious pain was during one of those scenes. He said Tobias Menzies got lost in BJR's character. Ouch!
Oh, is that tonight? I won't see it until tomorrow so I'll have more time to prepare myself. Lots of Kleenex to mop up my tears, and maybe some popcorn and wine (Rhenish, of course) to get me through it.

#139 ·
Harriet Schultz said:
:'( Ugh, the flogging was pure torture to watch! At least next week's episode should be pure pleasure, can't wait for the wedding! :-*

#141 ·
Holy crap intensity. Tobias and Caitriona knocked it out of the park.  :eek: :eek: Black Jack Randall  :eek: :eek:

It was like a trainwreck, I couldn't look away, I was mesmerized by his depravity. I had no idea seeing him in the first episode he could pull it off like that. Goodness. I need to go look at some kitten videos on the internet now.  :-X

My hubby and I cracked up though at the line Dougal had at the spring. I won't say it though yet. You'll know. Never heard that saying before.

That episode wore me out. I am so looking forward to next week.

#142 ·
Atunah said:
Holy crap intensity. Tobias and Caitriona knocked it out of the park. :eek: :eek: Black Jack Randall :eek: :eek:

It was like a trainwreck, I couldn't look away, I was mesmerized by his depravity. I had no idea seeing him in the first episode he could pull it off like that. Goodness. I need to go look at some kitten videos on the internet now. :-X

My hubby and I cracked up though at the line Dougal had at the spring. I won't say it though yet. You'll know. Never heard that saying before.

That episode wore me out. I am so looking forward to next week.
If Menzies was that bad at the flogging, how much worse is he going to be at Wentworth Prison?

#146 ·
Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake' said:
If Menzies was that bad at the flogging, how much worse is he going to be at Wentworth Prison?
He'll be very very bad.

#147 ·
I had to change the station to Pretty Woman (!) for a few minutes during the flogging scene. Too graphic for my tender sensibilities ;)

I think Caitriona became Claire in this episode. She was outstanding. Tobias as BJR is even more hateful, depraved and sadistic than in the book. When he
punched Claire in the stomach and then ordered the corporal (?) to repeatedly kick her
I was screaming for Dougal to finally come to her rescue. Oh, my. Can't wait for next week's wedding as an antidote to this ep.

#148 ·
#149 ·
#151 ·
It's just like the story... it's one thing to KNOW about Jamie being flogged but much worse to SEE it. Did everyone catch Brian Fraser at the flogging? He was standing behind Dougal. I don't think I can watch this episode again... well, I can after Dougal gets Claire away from the English and tells her about her upcoming wedding  :-*

Tobias was deliciously sadistic. The pleasure he got out of the flogging and then the retelling of it. He was almost orgasmic over it. Wentworth is going to be horrible no matter how they do it. I feel sorry for those that haven't read the book.... they have NO idea what's in store for them.

I'm really liking the series. It's like reading the book again for the first time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.