Author Topic: The Death Wizard Chronicles: Book 5 (Blinded by Power) now available  (Read 1312 times)  

Offline death wizard

• Upstate South Carolina
  • Jim Melvin
    • View Profile
    • Jim Melvin - Novelist
Book 5 (Blinded by Power) of my six-book epic fantasy The Death Wizard Chronicles is now available in both paperback and ebook (just $3.99) formats via Bell Bridge Books. http://amzn.to/1tYKHFN

Book 1 (Forged in Death) of my six-book epic fantasy The Death Wizard Chronicles is currently being promoted on K-Boards' Book Discovery Day. (http://kboards.blogspot.com/2014/05/book-discovery-day-friday-may-2.html) Book 1, along with Books 2-4 (Chained by Fear, Shadowed by Demons and Torn by War) are all being sold for $1.99 each on May 2-3. Books 5 and 6 will be out soon. Please check it out!!! There are also two free shorts: Torg's First Death and The Black Fortress. http://amzn.to/1nqxYbA

Forged In Death, Book 1 of The Death Wizard Chronicles: Volume 1
Chained By Fear: Volume 2
Shadowed by Demons, Book 3 of the Death Wizard Chronicles: Volume 3
Torn By War: 4 (The Death Wizard Chronicles)
Torg's First Death, Short from The Death Wizard Chronicles
The Black Fortress

Books 1 (Forged in Death), 2 (Chained by Fear), 3 (Shadowed by Demons) and 4 (Torn by War) of The Death Wizard Chronicles, a six-book epic fantasy, are now available as e-books on Amazon and most other online venues, and as trade paperback via some Barnes and Noble stores as well as online and at my publisher's website (www.bellebooks.com). Books 5 and 6 are already written and will appear before the end of 2014. There also are two short stories available for free on Amazon titled Torg's First Death and The Black Fortress. These are sometimes mistaken by readers as books in the series, but they are only teasers.

The concept of karma and the art of meditation play key roles in the symbolic aspects of my work. While deep in meditation, Buddhist monks have had recorded heart rates of fewer than 10 beats per minute. My main character takes this to the extreme. Through intense concentrative meditation, the Death Wizard is able to stop his heartbeat briefly and feed on death energy, which provides him with an array of magical powers.

For those of you who are just interested in a fun and entertaining read, don't let this dismay you. Though my series has a lot going on between the lines, it also is fast-paced and action-packed. I describe The DW Chronicles as a cross between J.R.R. Tolkien and Stephen King -- Tolkien because it contains many aspects of classic epic fantasy, King because it's pretty darn scary and rough. I would not recommend it for anyone younger than 17.

The DW Chronicles is a classic tale of good versus evil, with lots of monsters, magic and mayhem -- all wrapped around a compelling love story. Please visit www.jim-melvin.com and https://www.facebook.com/TheDeathWizardChronicles.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 02:13:59 pm by death wizard »
I am the author of The Death Wizard Chronicles, a six-book epic fantasy that is big on monsters, swords and sorcery but also steeped in Eastern philosophy with a lot going on between the lines. Books 1-4 are currently available. Books 5-6 are coming this year. I am a big fan of fantasy, especially Tolkien, Martin, Donaldson and Erikson -- and am always on the lookout for more reading pleasure.
Jim Melvin | author website | blog | facebook | twitter | goodreads

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not really a moderator. :)
      • View Profile
    Re: Death Wizard Chronicles, 6-book epic fantasy
    « Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 04:03:03 am »

Welcome to KBoards, Or Welcome Back ;) OR Hi, glad you're still here. :D Congratulations on the book!  :)

Much of what follows you are, no doubt, already aware of, so please consider this to be just a friendly reminder. :) (The posting of this welcome letter doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so we post this note in every thread. :) )

KBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum.  Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function or the Kboards bookmark tool available on each thread) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
    Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
    Book Bazaar Moderators
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline death wizard

• Upstate South Carolina
    • Jim Melvin
      • View Profile
      • Jim Melvin - Novelist
    Re: Death Wizard Chronicles, K-Book spotlight
    « Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 01:49:39 pm »
    My six-book epic fantasy series is being featured today as a K Board spotlight with e-book prices reduced to 99 cents for book 1 and $1.99 each for books 2-4 on Amazon. Please check it out!

Jim

http://www.kboards.blogspot.com/2014/02/discover-the-death-wizard-chronicles.html
    I am the author of The Death Wizard Chronicles, a six-book epic fantasy that is big on monsters, swords and sorcery but also steeped in Eastern philosophy with a lot going on between the lines. Books 1-4 are currently available. Books 5-6 are coming this year. I am a big fan of fantasy, especially Tolkien, Martin, Donaldson and Erikson -- and am always on the lookout for more reading pleasure.

Offline death wizard

• Upstate South Carolina
    • Jim Melvin
      • View Profile
      • Jim Melvin - Novelist
    Re: Death Wizard Chronicles, 6-book epic fantasy, weekly update
    « Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 09:07:26 am »
    My KBoard promotion is over, but the series is still fairly priced. For a detailed breakdown of the unusual characters in my series -- along with art -- go to my jim-melvin author website listed in my signature and click on CHARACTERS. There also is a color MAP. Thanks!

Offline death wizard

• Upstate South Carolina
    • Jim Melvin
      • View Profile
      • Jim Melvin - Novelist
    Re: Death Wizard Chronicles is the featured Daily Deal today on Amazon
    « Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 07:28:45 am »
    My Death Wizard Chronicles Amazon Daily Deal at http://amzn.to/1n8RsF9 is now in full swing. Please check it out. Scroll to science fiction and fantasy on the left or go directly to http://amzn.to/1kFIs8H. Books 1-4 will be featured all day for just $1.99 apiece. 

Offline death wizard

• Upstate South Carolina
    • Jim Melvin
      • View Profile
      • Jim Melvin - Novelist
    Re: Death Wizard Chronicles, 6-book epic fantasy, weekly update
    « Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 10:15:14 pm »
    The Death Wizard Chronicles has been on a wild ride lately. Book 1 (Forged in Death) of the six-book series became an Amazon best-seller on March 9. Books 2 (Chained by Fear), 3 (Shadowed by Demons) and 4 (Torn by War) also have been selling well, on a variety of venues. Book 5 (Blinded by Power) will be out in just a few weeks. and maybe sooner. And Book 6 (Healed by Hope) is waiting in the wings, chomping at the bit. This series is action-packed, and definitely heavy on magic and monsters. If you prefer epic fantasy that only uses magic as a fringe element, then my series probably isn't the best for you. But if you like epic fantasy that is bursting with magic -- not to mention monsters, zombies, vampires, trolls and a wide variety of new creations -- then you should be all in! There's a lot going on between the lines, but also a lot of fun going on on the surface.

Only a Death-Knower can die. And live again.

Only a Death-Knower can return from death. And remember.

Only a Death-Knower can tell the world what he's seen. Not all care to listen.

Offline death wizard

• Upstate South Carolina
    • Jim Melvin
      • View Profile
      • Jim Melvin - Novelist
    Forged in Death being promoted on Book Discovery Day
    « Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 05:47:10 pm »
    Book 1 (Forged in Death) of my six-book epic fantasy The Death Wizard Chronicles is currently being promoted on K-Boards' Book Discovery Day. (http://kboards.blogspot.com/2014/05/book-discovery-day-friday-may-2.html) Book 1, along with Books 2-4 (Chained by Fear, Shadowed by Demons and Torn by War) are all being sold for $1.99 each on May 2-3. Books 5 and 6 will be out soon. Please check it out!!! There are also two free shorts: Torg's First Death and The Black Fortress. http://amzn.to/1nqxYbA  :)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement