Author Topic: My Journey To Hell (Novelette) - murder mystery  (Read 1480 times)  

Offline Hurricane John

• Orlando, Florida
    • View Profile
My Journey To Hell (Novelette) - murder mystery
« on: April 02, 2014, 08:42:43 am »
Please check out my first murder mystery novelette - My Journey To Hell for only $0.99

Book Description:

Having survived an unhappy childhood with an absentee father and an alcoholic mother, and having lived through a failed marriage, all Joel Simon wants, is to be left alone. It's taken years to heal the emotional scares; control his alcoholism, reconcile his feelings of failure and begin to live a productive life. 

Everything seems to be under control, until a strange telephone message sets in motion a series of events that have the potential to destabilize Joel's fragile mental equilibrium.

Will he overcome this final, life-threatening challenge, or is his world about to unravel?  :o

My Journey To Hell (Novelette)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:51:28 pm by Hurricane John »

Stories of Mystery, Suspense and more
John D. Ottini | Amazon Author Page | Facebook | Blog

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    Re: My Journey To Hell (Novelette) - murder mystery
    « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 01:37:09 pm »
    John,

Welcome again to the Book Bazaar and congratulations on your new book!

KBoards is a Kindle fan and reader forum.  As you browse KBoards, keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You've posted your book thread in the right place; this is just our standard welcome that we place in all book threads. :)

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function OR our KBoards bookmark system*) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice). 

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread: Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
    Book Bazaar Moderators 

*When viewing a thread, you'll see an 'add Bookmark' button near the Reply button. You can use that to add the thread to your bookmarks.   To see your bookmarked threads at any time, click the 'Bookmarks' button in the forum header links.

Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Hurricane John

• Orlando, Florida
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 05:19:28 am »
    Please check out my first murder mystery novelette - MY JOURNEY TO HELL for only $0.99

Offline Hurricane John

• Orlando, Florida
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 04:38:04 am »
    Please check out my first murder mystery novelette - MY JOURNEY TO HELL for only $0.99

Offline Hurricane John

• Orlando, Florida
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 10:19:56 am »

Amazon Customer Reviews :   4.5 out of 5 stars  :o

Book Description:

Having survived an unhappy childhood with an absentee father and an alcoholic mother, and having lived through a failed marriage, all Joel Simon wants, is to be left alone. It's taken years to heal the emotional scares; control his alcoholism, reconcile his feelings of failure and begin to live a productive life. 

Everything seems to be under control, until a strange telephone message sets in motion a series of events that have the potential to destabilize Joel's fragile mental equilibrium.

Will he overcome this final, life-threatening challenge, or is his world about to unravel?

Offline Hurricane John

• Orlando, Florida
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 09:12:07 am »
    PROMOTION - The first 10 people who send me a message and provide a valid email, will be gifted a copy of my novelette - MY JOURNEY TO HELL. So if you are interested in reading my ebook, here is your chance to get it free.  ;D
      Amazon Customer Reviews :   4.5 out of 5 stars  :o

Book Description:

Will he overcome this final, life-threatening challenge, or is his world about to unravel?

Offline Hurricane John

• Orlando, Florida
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 08:28:53 am »

Hey Gals & Guys

Check out my new promotion blurb at the GoodKindles website.

http://www.goodkindles.net/2014/05/my-journey-to-hell-kindle-book-by-john.html

Please click on their 'Like' tab if you like my post.

Also be sure to have a look at my new Facebook page John Ottini Novels
    http://www.facebook.com/johnottininovels

Offline Hurricane John

• Orlando, Florida
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 09:31:03 am »

Amazon Customer Reviews: 4.7 stars out of 5.0  :D
                        Amazon.ca Customer Reviews:  5.0 stars out of 5.0    :o

Ive always been fascinated by ordinary people behaving badly.

Why do perfectly rational people, who know the difference between right and wrong, still choose the wrong path? The main character in my novelette Joel Simon is a prime example of what Im talking about. Joel is a man who has survived a destructive marriage, personal addictions and a less than stellar relationship with his mother and is finally headed in the right direction. He has a good job, nice home and what most would consider a bright future ahead of him.  In the midst of the quiet calm, there is a storm brewing with the potential to derail Joel in his tracks.

A fast paced combination of mystery and suspense, but also a study in the frailty of the human mind as the center of thought and behavior. How will Joel respond to changes in his environment, which may be beyond his control?  Is he the instigator or the victim?

Read my novelette to find out the answer to this and other questions.   Try it, I think you will like it.  8)

Offline Hurricane John

• Orlando, Florida
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 05:47:47 am »

Here's what some of the reviewers are saying about my novelette.

Hidden talent......terrific read for first time novelist.

John Ottini delivers a trilling introspective journey that is sure to delight any reader.

This book swept me in from page one.

.. novella about a man's world turned topsy-turvy isn't so much about the disturbing perils facing a dipsomaniac as it is about his inability to judge the character of those surrounding him.

The main character has his share of flaws, sure, but thats what makes him real

Isn't it time you checked out my first mystery novelette - MY JOURNEY TO HELL only $0.99

My Journey To Hell(Novelette)

Offline Hurricane John

• Orlando, Florida
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 07:53:46 pm »
    Received an nice email from Todd Borg, writer of the Owen McKenna Tahoe Mystery Series

Hi John,

I read your novella My Journey To Hell. Congratulations on an ambitious undertaking! Creating a somewhat-unsympathetic protagonist and writing the story in the present tense is tricky business, but you pulled it off well. You also have a flair for plot twists!

I encourage you to keep writing

Congrats again on your accomplishment! I wish you the best with your writing.

Todd

http://toddborg.blogspot.com
    http://toddborg.com
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:55:45 pm by Hurricane John »

Offline Hurricane John

• Orlando, Florida
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 11:12:06 am »
    Check out this great review of My Journey To Hell from the OnlineBookClub.org Review Team

Online Book Club Review (4 stars) :   http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19893

Offline Hurricane John

• Orlando, Florida
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 04:45:01 am »
    Please check out my murder mystery novelette - My Journey To Hell for only $0.99

Book Description:

Will he overcome this final, life-threatening challenge, or is his world about to unravel?  :o

Offline Hurricane John

• Orlando, Florida
      • View Profile
    Re: My Journey To Hell (Novelette) - murder mystery (FREE)
    « Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 05:50:11 am »
    Check out my first murder mystery novelette - My Journey To Hell for FREE - Today Only (Friday, December 19, 2014)

Book Description:

KBoards.com

• Advertisement