Author Topic: Need a cheap place to advertise with few/no stars? This one worked for me-  (Read 23388 times)  

Offline SunshineOnMe

• View Profile
This web ad gave me a nice bump in sales. Best of all, it's cheap! I've seen a few people post that it's hard to get ads with few/no stars or a low rating, so I wanted to throw this out there. http://www.fiverr.com/bknights  I know there is some controversy over using fiverr, and I hope this doesn't cause any. Just wanting to share what worked for me. :D

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Joliedupre

Yeah, I had them on my list before.   :)

Offline Briteka

• View Profile
    I'd be interested in hearing about this Fiverr controversy.

For some reason I never knew they existed until a month ago, and now have found a cover artist that I like and is cheap.

Anyway, which package did you choose over there and how well did it work, if you don't mind. :D

Offline KL_Phelps

• View Profile
    I had them bookmarked as well, but havent used them yet. What info do they need from you?

Offline SunshineOnMe

• View Profile
    It was really easy- I did 2 options (can't remember now which ones- twitter, and the original option?) It cost $10. I wasn't running a sale, and still the ad boosted my rankings from 60,000 something to 20,000.

I'm not sure about other aspects of fiverr, but this guy delivered real results.

Offline Sonya Bateman

• View Profile
      • All 3 Editing
    Just wanted to give another vote of confidence for bknights on fiverr. I've used their service 3 or 4 times now and seen very nice sales results each time. Really, for five bucks, you can't go wrong. :)
    Good, fast, and cheap editing. PM me for details or visit https://blackratchetstudios.wixsite.com/all3editing

Offline hs

• SF Bay Area
      • View Profile
      • HS Writing
    I'd be interested in hearing about this Fiverr controversy.

For some reason I never knew they existed until a month ago, and now have found a cover artist that I like and is cheap.

I found a cover artist on Fiverr for my most recent novel, and I thought she did as good a job as the ones that cost me much more.

Anyway, which package did you choose over there and how well did it work, if you don't mind. :D

I'd like to know too. The gigs all sound interesting, but I'm not sure which one to try first.

Offline anniejocoby

• View Profile
    This web ad gave me a nice bump in sales. Best of all, it's cheap! I've seen a few people post that it's hard to get ads with few/no stars or a low rating, so I wanted to throw this out there. http://www.fiverr.com/bknights  I know there is some controversy over using fiverr, and I hope this doesn't cause any. Just wanting to share what worked for me. :D

Thanks for this! I tried this, too, and the paid for itself for sure! I got 700 downloads from it that day, which was around 600 more than usual at that time. So I can echo that this is a good and inexpensive way to advertise.

Two dollars! Two dollars! I want my two dollars!!!
    Annie Jocoby | Annie Jocoby website

Offline Briteka

• View Profile
    Thanks for this! I tried this, too, and the paid for itself for sure! I got 700 downloads from it that day, which was around 600 more than usual at that time. So I can echo that this is a good and inexpensive way to advertise.

Was it for one of the books in your sig? I was wondering about their cover policy, but mine are about as steamy as yours. :P

Offline anniejocoby

• View Profile
    Was it for one of the books in your sig? I was wondering about their cover policy, but mine are about as steamy as yours. :P

Yes! It was for Beautiful Illusions.  But, at that time,  I had a different cover - of a guy who was only wearing underwear, lol. So I'd imagine they'd take your books, no problem.  :)

Two dollars! Two dollars! I want my two dollars!!!
    Annie Jocoby | Annie Jocoby website

Offline S.R. Booth

• View Profile
    Thanks for posting this! I bookmarked it.

Offline Maia Sepp Ross

• View Profile
    I've tried this as well - because of the low cost, I'd recommend people try it (it definitely moved some copies for me). He's also very good to work with, as well.

Offline Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Durban, South Africa
    • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
      • View Profile
      • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
    Thanks for posting this  :-*

Do you have to have a promo, or can you just try it without a promo?

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
    Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Offline Briteka

• View Profile
    Thanks for posting this  :-*

Do you have to have a promo, or can you just try it without a promo?

I took a look at each package. Some of them are only for free and some are for paid. In the information, he recommends that you lower the price to $.99 or $1.99 for your promo day because most people are looking for a sale, but it seems like that isn't an actual "rule".

Offline Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Durban, South Africa
    • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
      • View Profile
      • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
    I took a look at each package. Some of them are only for free and some are for paid. In the information, he recommends that you lower the price to $.99 or $1.99 for your promo day because most people are looking for a sale, but it seems like that isn't an actual "rule".

Thanks. Perhaps I should do a countdown at the same time.

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
    Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Offline MorganKegan

• View Profile
    I did a BargainBooksy ad that went out on the 1st, and got a nice sales and ranking spike from it. But of course, that faded fast. Then I saw this post and decided to see what would happen if I extended my discounted price and gave these guys a try. I decided to try the full package -- hey, it's only $20. Should be interesting.
    Dragon Unveiled (first edit): 75%

Dragon Unchained (detailed plotting): 25%

Dragon Undefeated (first draft): 0%

Dragon Ascendant (first draft): 0%
    Young adult contemporary fantasy featuring extraordinary teens in today's world.
    Morgan Kegan | Twitter

Offline Cherise

• View Profile
      • dogaliens.com

It's important to know which option worked for you, though. You say "the first option," and that is a post to their Facebook page, but it carries an extra option to mail to their email subscribers. That is the only place on their site where I found the email subscriber option, and I suspect it is the most effective option. But there is no way to know unless someone else tries this and reports their results or you remember for sure which options you used.

Not picking on you! It was nice of you to share this. Thank you.

Offline Bruce Rousseau

• Texas
    • (i'm smiling)
      • View Profile
      • Bruce Rousseau
    I can also recommend bknights for advertising a free book, and for his excellent communication.

Specifically, I got 700 downloads of my free book when using this $15 combo:
    Promote your FREE Kindle Book on his website: http://digitalbookspot.com/
    +his Facebook page
    +his daily newsletter

Bruce Rousseau | author website

Offline Caddy

• Novels For Adults Who Color Outside the Lines
      • View Profile
      • Caddy Rowland: Slice of Life
    Thank you. Bookmarking.
    ALSO WRITING HOT GAY M/M ROMANCE UNDER SIBLEY JACKSON

The Gastien Series: Sometimes the "impossible" is possiblebut the cost can be extremely high. | There Was a House:They better be damn good. There will only be one chance. | The Avengement Series: Karma really can be a b*tchespecially when it scores a willing partner.

Offline Shane Ward

• London
    • I write Sci-Fi
      • View Profile
      • Author: Shane Ward
    bookmarked too... Handy resource for sure...

Shane

Download the Terminus X Novel
    Click above image.

For more information visit: -
    (www.shaneward.net)

Main Topic | Terminus X Topic | Facebook | Twitter

Offline Marilyn Peake

• View Profile
      • Marilyn Peake: Author Website
    Thanks for this info. Bookmarked it!  :)

Marilyn Peake | Website | Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter | BookBub | Wattpad

Offline KL_Phelps

• View Profile
    decided to try and test it out with Stormy Weathers, I'll let you know if I see any movement when it runs.

Offline Marilyn Peake

• View Profile
      • Marilyn Peake: Author Website
    I just checked out fiverr. Anyone here tried a variety of their services? There are all kinds of crazy ways to advertise over there.  :D  Looks intriguing, but I wonder what works best for books.

Marilyn Peake | Website | Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter | BookBub | Wattpad

Offline Thisiswhywecan'thavenicethings

• Nowhere
    • 0_o
      • View Profile
    You could get your blurb narrated into an ad, then get one of the online radio hosts to play your ad on their channel. Not a bad deal for 10 bucks when you think about it. There's also someone who will flash your image ad on a giant digital billboard in Chicago...could be worth a try.

Offline KL_Phelps

• View Profile
    I just checked out fiverr. Anyone here tried a variety of their services? There are all kinds of crazy ways to advertise over there.  :D  Looks intriguing, but I wonder what works best for books.

I've used them for several things. One I am interested in testing out is actually having a audio promo cut for a book and then being played in the radio. I have it book marked somewhere. It's a cool little mark place, just check the reviews.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement