Kindle Forum banner

Ever Heard of Author Hub?

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  jimkukral 
#1 ·
Not happy, the link came through a "supposed" want-to-be author in a private message on Goodreads. Looks like spam to me, though.
Hello, Lisa Grace

Hello, Lisa Grace. I just want to say hi and introduce myself - I'm a huge fan of your books! Your dialogue is snappy and it's like I could physically hear every word. Thank you so much for sharing your talent.

As an aspiring author myself, I thought I'd send you a quick message to share a recently discovered website specifically designed for authors to increase the sales of our books. I've personally tried what's offered on that website for the last month and honestly, I was blown away with the results I got!

I've managed to increase my fiction book sales from an average of 150 per week to more than 550 per week as a result of using only these techniques. I love your work and admire you as an author, I want more people to experience your books! Everyone deserves to hear your stories so I'm excited to share this website as friendly act of kindness.

You can find it here: http://goo.gl/XEvGYT. This website features only the absolute best products for independent authors and publishers.

I want quality work to receive the audience it deserves - nowadays it's so hard to increase sales. P.S. I assure you - I'm not affiliated with this website in any way. Good luck, Lisa Grace!
http://authorhub.org/

Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with them.

#7 ·
I got one that was even worse because it was an actual phone call.  How they got my number I don't know, but it was from a guy who was working for a company called "BookWhirl.com" who said he wanted to set up an interview on "This Week in America with Ric Bratton".  I was suspicious right from the start, but said sure give me the details, which were basically I was supposed to $600 for the interview.  First the guy was speaking to me in broken English (Red Flag #1), second the "contract" he sent me was obviously just written up and thrown on letterhead (Red Flag #2), and it wasn't until I actually got the contract that I saw the name BookWhirl.com (Red Flag #3) because once I had the name I was able to do a Google search which netted me every other Red Flag I needed to know that this guy was full of it.  He was trying to take advantage of an authors built in desire to be publicized and if I wasn't a little jaded and cynical I might have bought it hook, line and sinker.  So my advice is just keep your eyes out for BookWhirl.com and others like it looking to scam you.

#8 ·
Woo! All these mystical "products" to help me sell more books. Whatever shall I do?

Oh, I know. I'll ignore the spammy spam and get real info from the Kboards. Yeah. That's the ticket.

If I'd gotten an email with a goo.gle link, or any other kind of hidden link, when the site has a perfectly good address, I'd delete it and not even click the link.

#9 ·
AshMP said:
Looks like a name autofill e-mail, especially since they neither named your book but did, a couple times, refer to you by your full name.
E.L. MacRae said:
I received the exact same email so definitely spam.

or else you're stealing my only fan :p

Lloyd
Exactly. Which is why I posted it here, as a warning. I'll contact Goodreads as to the "spam" pm, but I don't want anyone new here falling for these kinds of scams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.