Kindle Forum banner

Free Book promo with Bknights on Fiverr.... Results.

17K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  Gator 
#1 ·
Based on some of the results I'd seen on Kboards especially on this thread ->http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,184950.0.html, I booked a free book promo with Bknights on Fiverr, for my permafree novella . He/She/They :D gave me a confirmation for June 2nd, and I have to say, I was impressed with the results.
Here's an image showing the spike in free book sales during the promo.

The highlighted number is the number of free books purchased on the day of the promo. My ranking in the free store rose from about 2000 to 114. In any other genre but romance, that would have been enough to put my book at the top in it's category, but romance is slightly (a lot) more competitive than other categories, so I never managed higher than about 83 free in romance.
Subsequent sales have been steady. I had a new release on May 14th, so I can't say for sure if the level of paid sales at the moment is due to the free promo or to the new release.

The first spike above was on the day of the new release. The days after the promo don't show such a sharp spike, but I'm sure the free promo has had a hand in ensuring that the surge in sales due to the new release hasn't tapered off.

I'd totally recommend Bknights for a free promo. Response time is fast, the service is awesome, and you can't beat the price! I actually got the Kboards special, which is a discount you get when you tell them you're from Kboards, and I got better results from them than I did from another free book promotion site which charged me $15 for a spot on June 3rd, and never quite managed to match BKnights.

I'll just add that, if you really want to get into the top 100 free, I'll recommend combining Bknights with another promo on the same day.

See less See more
#3 ·
I applied on May 31st if I remember correctly, so that was just two days. I didn't specify a date though, but I did say I wanted the feature as soon as possible.

#5 ·
I did a Bknights promo for my mystery perma-free Kalorama Shakedown and got a lot fewer, more like 150 downloads. That's a pretty dramatic difference with the OP. I wonder if it's a partly a genre thing? This book got 24,000 downloads in a BookBub promo.

Still, Bknights is the best value I've gotten at Fivver, some on there seem to do almost nothing.

#9 ·
I ran this promo recently too, but mine was for a "sample" and not a whole book so that may have been a turn off for some people. Plus, it was the first thing I've released. Still I was pretty happy with it, especially for $5.

I ended up with 244 downloads the day of the promo and 66 the next day too. I was flatline before the promo. I also accidentally sold two copies at the UK site, because I didn't realize the book was only free in the US.

Tabz

#10 ·
I did two add-ons to the basic listing, so it was $15.

I will promote market your FREE Kindle Book On My Site That Receives 3000 Visits A Day × 1 $5
+ I will Promote your book on our Facebook page which has over 4800 users. × 1 $5
+ I will Include your book in our daily newsletter that has over 2500 subscribers × 1 $5

My books are odd, kind of comic mysteries, so I accept they won't be as popular as many others (even assuming they were flawlessly written, which they aren't)  especially among younger readers. But if I look at downloads per $, for this same book, BookBub generated something like 130-150. In my experience, none of the others come within one order of magnitude of that.

I guess it would be helpful if these promotion sites offered demographic information. But that might be a lot to ask for from someone charging $5-15. 

#11 ·
C. Gockel said:
My results weren't as dramatic either, but my genre is "speculative fantasy."

I would like to know though, what package did you purchase? There are so many.

http://www.fiverr.com/bknights
I asked for the Kboards special, which includes a couple of the packages all for $5.

#12 ·
Bob Stewart said:
I did two add-ons to the basic listing, so it was $15.

I will promote market your FREE Kindle Book On My Site That Receives 3000 Visits A Day × 1 $5
+ I will Promote your book on our Facebook page which has over 4800 users. × 1 $5
+ I will Include your book in our daily newsletter that has over 2500 subscribers × 1 $5

My books are odd, kind of comic mysteries, so I accept they won't be as popular as many others (even assuming they were flawlessly written, which they aren't) especially among younger readers. But if I look at downloads per $, for this same book, BookBub generated something like 130-150. In my experience, none of the others come within one order of magnitude of that.

I guess it would be helpful if these promotion sites offered demographic information. But that might be a lot to ask for from someone charging $5-15.
I think I read on one of the other threads that erotic romance is very popular with Bknight subscribers, I can't remember the thread. I don't think, apart from Amazon itself, that there's any promo site that has quite the reach that Bookbub has. Unfortunately, I've never been able to get them to list my books.

#18 ·
MikeDavidson said:
He gets results for perma free books for only $5

Here is his link: http://www.fiverr.com/bknights

I went from a couple hundred to thousand per day over night with him. Averaging 1k freebies on a couple books now one month after the add. That's about triple what I did before it.
That's awesome! But which promo did you sign up for and did you list the book for free or just lower the price?

#19 ·
You can do different promos with them, depending on your needs.
If you're doing a Countdown deal or just running a sale, you'd do the paid Kindle book promotion.
If you're using free days with KDP Select or if you have a permafree you want to just give a boost, you sign up for any of their free Kindle book promotions. If you mention you saw them on kboards OR if you're a repeat customer, they'll do all their promos (on their site, in their email newsletter, on their Facebook page, on the Twitter feed, and submitting the book to the fifteen best Kindle promotion sites) for just the $5.
What I like most about them is there is no review requirements, no submitting your book and waiting to see if they'll accept it... But they've gotten really popular in the past month or two. There's a lot of books in their email, but that's ok. I used to go through 4 pages worth of free books everyday on Kindle Buffet... 

#21 ·
Inspired by all the comments on this thread, I just signed up for a Bknights promo gig for Part 1 in my serial.
My very first official promo! (i.e., aside from me posting promos on FB and Twitter)
KU enrollment period for Part 1 expires next Wednesday, and although I'm going to let it renew (KU has been good to this unknown author, so far;-) I wanted to make use of some free days before they expired, since they don't roll over and I'll be doing another promo when my sequel comes out in a month or so.

I sent him a question asking for the Kboarder special ;-p and now and where to get it. He didn't reply specifically about the Kboarder special but sent me a link, said 'just click here and order the gig"  -- so I did. Panicked when I saw that it was in progress and est delivery Sept 18th -- sent off another question -- he wrote back within the hour! to say don't worry, ignore those delivery times, we've got you schedule for Saturday Sept 12th.

So, we'll see. I don't know how or where exactly the promo will show up, but I figure for $5 it's better than nothing, b/c my sales and borrows are really sluggish since late August. Can't hurt, might help, right?

Fingers crossed!
DMac

#24 ·
Just ran a select promo with them and had over 1K downloads which led to sales of the other two books in the trilogy. The third book was a new release that I ran a 99 cent promo on the week before.

I'm getting ready for another one with BKnights in October.

TromboneAl said:
I've used Bknights a lot, but I always wonder, does it stand for:

B.K. Nights
B Knights
Book Nights
Me too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.