Author Topic: Lol, glad I got mine pre-Oprah.  (Read 4742 times)  

Offline RovingSoul

• Richland, WA
  • The names Kat. Kitty Kat. Not really. Just Kat.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Lol, glad I got mine pre-Oprah.
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 03:22:41 pm »
*Cough* Betsy... you've just been called old. You might want to be offended. After all, physical age aside, I'm sure you're quite young at heart.  :)
A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline pidgeon92

• Chicago IL
    • Nothin' but a hound dog.
      • View Profile
      • Carmen-Ashland Building
    « Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 03:30:14 pm »
    I use my Amazon Prime all the time.... If I see something I like while shopping, I almost always check Amazon before buying somewhere else.... Today my dad called, wanting a sausage making book, so it's not just stuff for me....  ::)
       my e-readers: Kindle 2 Kindle 3 nook iPad Sony-950

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Global Moderator
    • Maine, USA
    • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 03:39:19 pm »
    *Cough* Betsy... you've just been called old. You might want to be offended. After all, physical age aside, I'm sure you're quite young at heart.  :)

Hahahahah, well, I was thinking of generic old lady, not Betsy! But since Betsy and I are the same age, I guess the old lady in the easy chair could be either of us...probably me!

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 03:56:45 pm »
    Not to worry, Leslie, I took it to be a vision in the future....
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline akw4572

• KY
      • View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: November 02, 2008, 04:26:30 pm »
    I got mine back in late August, when they had the Amazon Credit Card deal, and I got $100 off.  No wait either, I beat the Oprah deal!

Offline Steph H

• North Texas
    • K1, K2, KDX, K3, KFire, K4, KPW1, KFireHD, KV, KO
      • View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: November 03, 2008, 02:56:02 pm »

I am kind of wondering if I'll keep my Amazon Prime. I signed up for it instantly when they first offered it and I know I got money's worth. But now...I don't have those little Amazon boxes arriving at my house quite as frequently. Hm...my renewal date is March so I have time to think about it. Others? Thoughts?

L

I was wondering that myself, with mine up for renewal this month, then I realized that I buy a lot more at Amazon than just books. I always look at Amazon first to buy anything, and take into account free shipping when comparing prices -- Amazon almost always has lower prices even before the shipping is factored in. I even buy some grocery stuff, as well as occasionally heavy stuff that would kick in a big extra shipping cost elsewhere (like a vacuum cleaner and an exercise bike). So I'll probably re-up mine.
    Currently active Kindles:                                                  Swag Bucks - Earn Amazon GCs for free!
    KFireHD - Draco                                                              I'm in the fight! - Support Liver Disease Awareness
    KV - TARDIS
    KO - Merlin

Offline chynared21

• Phew...Teninx found his tinfoil hat!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 06:49:36 pm »
    I ordered mine the day before the Oprah show.  Once I heard she was going to have it on her show I was worried that it would sell out!  It was just the push I needed to finally get me to finally order my Kindle! ;)

The thing that convinced my husband was the fact that I wouldn't have to buy physical copies of books anymore unless it was something that I had to have a hard copy of :-)) We really do not have the room to add an additional bookcase and I've already sized up from the original one I had!

Offline Shizu

• View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 07:10:27 pm »

I am kind of wondering if I'll keep my Amazon Prime. I signed up for it instantly when they first offered it and I know I got money's worth. But now...I don't have those little Amazon boxes arriving at my house quite as frequently. Hm...my renewal date is March so I have time to think about it. Others? Thoughts?

L

I was thinking of same thing. My renewal date is January. I do shop from Amazon a lot but it was mostly books. Maybe I'll just let it expire and when I lost patient with free shipping (5-7days), I'll just join the Amazon Prime again.

Shizu

Offline lisadawnrn

• View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 05:13:19 am »
    I ordered mine last Thursday and I got it yesterday(Monday). So far it is great. I have been touching the next button accidentally...got get use to that.
    I love my K3 grahite!!

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Global Moderator
    • Maine, USA
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 05:20:56 am »
    Congratulations, Lisa! I am sure you'll get the hang of it in no time.

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline jah

• new york
      • View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 05:22:34 am »
     I order my back in Feb. and didn't get my kindle until March.  I must have spend the better part of the month on the amazon board, It the only thing that kept me from pulled out my hair while waiting.
                                                               Jodi

Offline Kirstin

• View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: November 04, 2008, 05:39:42 am »
    I've had mine since June and I honestly can't remember life without it.....   

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."  Walt Disney

Offline jah

• new york
      • View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: November 04, 2008, 06:52:07 am »
    I've had mine since June and I honestly can't remember life without it.....  

I know what you mean my Faith (my kindle name) goes almost ever where I go.
     :)

Offline Essensia

• View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: November 04, 2008, 08:46:52 am »
    I feel fortunate that I took the plunge and ordered back on October 9 and received it October 10 thanks to $3.99 overnight delivery with Amazon Prime.  After I finally decided to take the plunge, I wanted it immediately.

Looking back, I can't believe I spent almost a week trying to decide between the Kindle and the Sony.  I thought Whispernet was frivolous, and it seemed like there were plenty of places to purchase ebooks besides the understocked Sony Store.  As it turns out, I routinely use and appreciate every single feature of the Kindle.

My significant whatever-he-is had poked fun at the Kindle ever since it came out.  He rolled his eyes and scoffed when I bought mine.  But very soon he was saying things like, "Wow, they really did almost everything right with the Kindle."  Ahh, sweet vindication.  ;D

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Global Moderator
    • Maine, USA
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #39 on: November 04, 2008, 08:53:31 am »
    My significant whatever-he-is had poked fun at the Kindle ever since it came out.  He rolled his eyes and scoffed when I bought mine.  But very soon he was saying things like, "Wow, they really did almost everything right with the Kindle."  Ahh, sweet vindication.  ;D

My significant whatever-he-is is still poking fun at my Kindle. He rolls his eyes and every time he touches it he manages to press the next page button, making a snotty comment about this "obvious design flaw." It's been 7 months and I am getting tired of it. You can bet he's not getting a Kindle for Christmas!

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Essensia

• View Profile
    « Reply #40 on: November 04, 2008, 09:06:50 am »
    Leslie, put a lump of coal in Mr. Obvious Design Flaw's stocking and use the savings to buy more Kindle books!   ;D

Offline Jen

• Member # 103
      • View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: November 04, 2008, 09:28:35 am »
    I think my fiance is partly anti-kindle but also partially jealous.  At first he said he would wait for version 2, that this one was too primitive....then said it was too much money for what it was.  He's a musician, so his main reason for not wanting one is most of what he reads is not available on the kindle.  But last night, he's reading my hard copy of Pillars (ha ha....) and said 'hmm, maybe I SHOULD just get a kindle'.  HA!! 
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs

Offline Suzanne

• N. Huntingdon, PA
    • No. 336
      • View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: November 04, 2008, 10:08:16 am »
    I ordered my Kindle about a week before the Oprah show. I was kicking myself. Actually, I only read about her promotion code yesterday here on this forum. That's when the kicking began. When my hubby came home, I told him about the promotion and was still kicking myself. His response was, "Let's order me one!" So I went on Amazon and unfortunately, the promotion had expired. I told him we ought to just get him one, but he said no, just wait till another promotion comes out.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement