Author Topic: Kindle Notice to Block Book  (Read 248 times)  

Offline boxer44

• USA
    • View Profile
    • WordWizard
Kindle Notice to Block Book
« on: Today at 09:16:50 am »
I published a novel in 2016 ... later, modified it, change title to fit between two others, and was going to develop it into a series.

Fast forward a year or so, Amazon sent me a notice I can't change the title.  So, I changed the title back to original.  I responded to email and told Amazon I changed it back to the original. But now, third time, Amazon sends same exact message - a robot I think - and does not read my response, but says it will block the book if I don't change the title back, which I already did. It's back to original title - again today, another identical message, telling me to change back to original.  It is the original, but the message continues - identical message.   Any clue how to contact a person, not a robot.

I worry if I unpublish, and republish as new - one option - that folks might buy it again, and think I'm hustling readers with a new version of already published book.  I can post a notice in front matter, but that's not the best result. Any advice?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online jm2019

• View Profile
    Re: Kindle Notice to Block Book
    « Reply #1 on: Today at 09:49:10 am »
    What I've found is when you correspond to them using your KDP account, using the support links, they're usually quite responsive. I haven't had a similar issue, but it was on other topics.

Offline boxer44

• USA
      • View Profile
      • WordWizard
    « Reply #2 on: Today at 10:27:15 am »
    Thanks .. will go that way.  It says: Reply to this email, but of course, it's Amazon and doesn't always mean what it says :)   

Offline jb1111

• PNW US
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: Today at 05:55:45 pm »
    I think the bots get confused. It happened to me once, and luckily I was able to resolve it quickly. You change a title, the bot may think you're trying to publish the same book with two titles, or something like that.

I would definitely try to contact a real person using the support links, as jm2019 said, you'll get a real person and they can straighten it out for you.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement