Author Topic: Ampersand Book Interiors: Because '&' means more for YOU.  (Read 35353 times)  

Offline Julz

• View Profile
    • Julia Keanini Books
Re: wDr Total Author Design | Kboards $25.00 Print Interior Special is Back!
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2015, 07:48:02 pm »
Just finished working with Colleen on my first book and she does beautiful work along with being so amazing to work with! Seeing my book come to life in her hands has been one of the highlights of this process so far. Thanks Colleen!!

Lacey's Story is now FREE on all major retailers.
Author Central | Subscribe | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline AmpersandBookInteriors

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
      • Ampersand Book Interiors
    Re: wDr Total Author Design | Kboards $25.00 Print Interior Special is Back!
    « Reply #51 on: February 20, 2015, 03:22:11 pm »
    Just finished working with Colleen on my first book and she does beautiful work along with being so amazing to work with! Seeing my book come to life in her hands has been one of the highlights of this process so far. Thanks Colleen!!

Julia, it's been fantastic working with you! I'm looking forward to starting on your next book within the next 3-4 days, so you can relive that highlight again. I love the moment when you order a book's proof and it's in your hands. So exciting.

Everyone, I'm starting to schedule out March. Right now I have the 4th-31st open, but if last month is any indication these openings won't last long.

I have THREE available slots for Happy Debut Author bundles, and of course, all of the other usual services are available in unlimited amounts until my calendar is full. :)

Ebook formatting starting at $25.00. Print typesetting starting at $75.00.
    Colleen Sheehan | Ampersand Book Interiors

Offline Julz

• View Profile
      • Julia Keanini Books
    You've gotta hire Colleen! I don't know what I would have done without her. She made my book and ebook a thing of beauty. She didn't get annoyed when I'd tell her, I saw this type of lettering in this ebook I read or can you do this impossible thing for me? Seriously, I don't know how I would have gotten through the past day without her and I will definitely continue to send my books her way :)

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, Julia! I'm looking forward to working on book 3 with you in a couple weeks!

My lovely people, I have some more examples for you, both from our lovely new-time author Julia just above! Here are the two ebooks I designed so far for her.

As for scheduling, I have some slots open the last couple days of the month. Please shoot me a message and let me know if you want them! I knew March would fill up fast.

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Hello, everybody!

Still filling up for APRIL! I've got April 3-30th open, but slots tend to fill up fast around the 2nd or 3rd day of the month, so if you'd really like to get in next month I say we should book it now.

This month I'm working with a bunch of fantastic repeat customers, but next I'd love to add some more NEW clients to my list! I also thought I'd share a quote from a non-KBoard client, since he was so kind to write a testimonial for my website. :)

This testimonial was wrung from me not as an answer to anyones request, but as a response to work of such quality that I could not allow it to pass unremarked.
    [Brian OHare, writer.]

When I published my first book on Kindle I was clueless about formatting, cover design, and editing.  I was obliged therefore to rely on the services of an agency I found on-line who promised the worldfor four figures. While they did what I asked them to do (i.e., the bare minimum), there was no flair, no creativity. I learned later that I had walked into a monumental con.

My second book fared little better but, because a price of $250 seemed so much less than the four figures I had paid for the first one, I fell again for a hugely glitsty web-site that was little more than smoke and mirrors.

More savvy now, I sought advice from experienced friends for my third book and thus I discovered the Queen of Formatting, Colleen Sheehan. Colleens prices vary depending on the size of the book but even for books over 90000 she [currently] charges only $60.00. But, and its a big BUT, for this extremely low price you get not only exactly what you ask for, you get Colleens personal attention, creative and inventive ways to improve the appearance of your text and chapter headings and, even additional optional cover designs for you to choose from for the inside fly-leaf. Nothing could have prepared me for the quality of the finished product and I could not have been more delighted or confident when I uploaded my book on to Kindle.

If, like me, you need expert and reliable help with formatting, do not look any further than Colleen Sheehan.

Thanks, guys! :)

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Hello, everyone! Just wanted to let current and potential future clients that I have April 9 - 28 open.

And then! I wanted to show off a recent job of mine by another lovely member here: Cassidy Cayman. I designed the interior of her print format as well as her black cat logo. She, myself, and her cover artist did a great job working together to help provide Cassidy with a book that looks consistently branded inside and out. :)

Lost Highlander: Reunited

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Scheduling update: I have the second - first half of the fourth week open still for those interested in getting their ebook or print book formatted and designed!

Here's an ebook I designed for a friend of mine just yesterday! I did the type on her cover months ago and just got her ebook formatted yesterday. Go check her out!

Here are some screen shots of the ebook:

Also, this next project is blog post worthy, but for now I'll keep it brief:

Since January, I've been working with a lovely author named Robin Chambers to update the look of his currently five-book series. The initial question was simple: can you update my cover typography? The answer was a resounding: YES! (You can see the original look of his covers in the first post in this thread.)

That was back in December. This wonder Englishman then approached me a month later and asked if I'd be willing to design the Print Interiors of his books, do an Ebook-to-Print Cover Conversion, and finally redesign his Ebook Formatting. Basically, we've had contact almost daily for the past five months and it's been an amazing experience that I'd love to share with more of you!

It's been so rewarding to see Mr. Chambers become so taken with his work after it's redesign! But more importantly than that, I've helped give him more time to work on the sixth book in his young-adult series, something he's been concerned about since he's a wise 70-something. He's now uploaded all of his print books via Createspace, uploaded the first three ebooks with his new custom formatting (which I see hasn't updated yet), and has finally begun work on Book 6.

(Book four is totally my favorite. I love the gold and black :D )

And I love seeing the pictures! If any of my other clients would like to send me a picture of their paperback with or without themselves in the picture that would be cool! I'll find ways to show them off on my site!

Want your book design totally rehauled like Mr. Chambers? Let's talk!
    « Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 02:27:03 pm by 4DCharacters »

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Scheduling Update:

The 3rd - 4th week of April are my only times open! Please shoot me an e-mail ( csheehanwrites [at] gmail [dot] com or visit my website to schedule your service today! The first week of a month is where people come pouring in and I hate telling people I'm full up.

Also, I'm offering another option: Neat 'n' Organized ebook design, a simpler design option for those who don't like image-based headers but still don't want to have the headache of formatting a book.

Thanks, guys!
    -Colleen the Perfectionist
    « Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:11:22 pm by 4DCharacters »

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Good news: do to some rescheduling, I have some time open! Anyone who needs a job done NOW should send me an e-mail at csheehanwrites [at] gmail.com!

Also, I have something new to show off: an exclusive print design for Angelita Gill on her romance book, Diamonds & Desire. This design went all-out: elegant, dramatic dropcaps, all-caps at the beginning of every scene, and lovely chapter headers to continue the feel of luxury inspired by the cover. I'm very proud of this one!

You can get the fanciest book interior, too. Let's Talk and get designing!

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Some news: My website is all new and amazing! You should check it out, especially because I have a ton of new options for ebook, print, and now am offering kids books and non-fiction formatting.

And you can now get ANY service for 50% off plus the purchase of an additional service when you show me your Kboards profile. (This is Kboards ONLY so please don't spread it around!)

Also, this last week, besides my site, I designed a blogger for a good client of mine. Check it out here: http://brianohareauthor.blogspot.com/

Offline Julz

• View Profile
      • Julia Keanini Books
    Love the new website!!
    I know I already wrote a testimonial above but I've worked with Colleen even more since then and it just gets better and better. She always responds quickly, even when she's busy. She has great ideas, but is also happy to change direction if that's what you want :) And all of her work is beautiful!!

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Love the new website!!
    I know I already wrote a testimonial above but I've worked with Colleen even more since then and it just gets better and better. She always responds quickly, even when she's busy. She has great ideas, but is also happy to change direction if that's what you want :) And all of her work is beautiful!!

Thanks so much, Julia! Your kind words are always welcome in my thread (at least by me!). What point would there be in doing this if we can't all be satisfied? :)

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Hey, guys!

I've had a busy week designing another ebook for an out-of-kboards client, the third in his series. I love repeat clients. The relationship is so comfortable. :)
    I've been busy the past week doing a personal project for our own publisher. It's not finished yet, but the RB website is starting to look pretty sharp and very publishing house-y!

I'm also scheduling for May! Here are my free dates right now. If you need your non-fiction book, kids book, ebook or print book designed and formatted, now's the time to get a spot on my schedule. It tends to fill up fast, so quicker is better!

Week 1: May 5-7, 9
    Week 2: May 11,12, 16
    Week 3: May 18-21, 23
    Week 4: May 25-28, 30

Thank you guys!

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Re: Print, Ebook, Kids, & Non-fiction Book Design--New Web Examples!
    « Reply #63 on: May 12, 2015, 03:20:05 pm »
    It's been pretty quiet up in these parts recently, but I wanted to stop in and say 'hi!'

Hi!

Firstly, I did my first client interview: Interview with The Wizard: Robin Chambers http://www.wdrbookdesign.com/#!Interview-With-A-Wizard-Robin-Chambers/cckm/55526e820cf2adc1ad2a9852

Working on his series was an amazing time, and I got to ask some interesting questions. If you want to see how one of my clients feels about my work, he managed to sneak that in too!

I've been working on lots of websites via wix recently. I don't do lots of excess coding, but I do love to design 'em, so I do with Wix's built in builder. It gets a lot of grief about SEO optimization, but a lot has changed over there since they've had the big superbowl ad (like better load times and making text searchable by search engines.)

Still under construciton, but not looking bad

Lee Maxwell's Official Site:

Raventide Books:

Thanks, guys!

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Handcrafted Print & Ebook Interior Design (LAST chance to get cheaper prices!)
    « Reply #65 on: October 12, 2015, 05:27:46 pm »
    [Pictures removed due to lack of Photobucket hosting]

Everyone! It's been a long time since I've gotten a chance to check in. I'm back, and I'm back with a ton of examples from some of my most recent clients.

The title of this thread is true: prices will be rising next week. This is the last chance for you to book a print and ebook design at my current prices. I only have 4 slots left in the next two weeks, so book ASAP to get in for the cheaper prices! I'm usually booked a month in advance and hate turning people away, so hopefully the people who need something done before the end of the month see this!

Remember that all of my Gettin' Fancy design is handcrafted, hand-formatted, and hand-designed to give your books as much originality as they deserve. Traditional publishers don't skimp on great book design, and you shouldn't either if you want to maintain professionalism in our ever-growing market.

Book today!
    Now onto the Parade of Title Pages--Enjoy!

Slots are Limited to Four over the next two weeks--book today!
    « Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 10:49:15 am by Write.Dream.Repeat. »

Offline suliabryon

• Pacific Northwest
    • The only rule is...do what works for you.
      • View Profile
    Awesome looking work. Bookmarking for future use.

Offline Wayne Stinnett

• "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns."
      • View Profile
      • My Website
    Hey y'all, Colleen went back and reformatted all my titles, and did a fantastic job. She'll be formatting my new releases as they come up. She's fast and flexible and does great work. Take a look at this cover page and chapter header from my latest release and tell me it doesn't scream Action/Adventure.

My Bestselling, 18-volume Jesse McDermitt Series and the spinoff,  5-volume Charity Styles Series, also bestsellers, are available in ebook, audiobook, and paperback, wherever books are sold. In my motivational non-fiction, Blue Collar to No Collar, I provide tips, advice, and strategies for new authors, also available in the same formats. Don't forget to visit the Ship's Store for Jesse McDermitt swag.
    Wayne Stinnett | Website | Facebook | Amazon Author Page | Twitter | Talk Write Podcast | Ship's Store

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Awesome looking work. Bookmarking for future use.

Thank you! Hope to talk to you soon!

Wayne: thank you so much. I really love what we're doing with Charity's stuff. It looks sharp and has that dynamic edge thrillers should have. It helps that the main character is so kick-ass!

Offline JalexM

• View Profile
    Thank you! Hope to talk to you soon!

Wayne: thank you so much. I really love what we're doing with Charity's stuff. It looks sharp and has that dynamic edge thrillers should have. It helps that the main character is so kick-ass!
    How much will the price go up?
    I only ask because I finished a book but won't be able to afford formatting until early November.

Offline Anya Monroe

• View Profile
    I couldn't be more thrilled with the work done on Maggie and the Mercury Retrograde! I cannot wait for you to get your hands on book 2 in the series!

Offline Adair Hart

• Columbus, Ohio
    • Everything is as it should be
      • View Profile
      • Adair Hart
    Great samples Colleen, especially that Awakening one ;D I remember showing my paperback to family and friends and the interior design got a lot of oohs and ahhs. I loved our collaboration and am looking forward to December for Book 2!
    The Evaran Chronicles - Join Evaran and his human companions on their journey through space and time!
    The Earthborn - Join Blake Brown, a four-hundred-plus-year-old vampire exiled from Earth!
    Adair Hart | Website | Facebook

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    How much will the price go up?
    I only ask because I finished a book but won't be able to afford formatting until early November.

Everything's going to go up about 25%. I'm totally cool with not starting those prices for people who do a consultation *before* next Monday, even if the actual scheduled formatting comes *after* next Monday. Does that make sense? So if you and I talk before the 19th you can get the cheaper prices even if the scheduled date is for November 2-6. (Or whenever :) )

I couldn't be more thrilled with the work done on Maggie and the Mercury Retrograde! I cannot wait for you to get your hands on book 2 in the series!

I can't wait to work on book 2! Your series is going to be adorable when it's finished!

Great samples Colleen, especially that Awakening one ;D I remember showing my paperback to family and friends and the interior design got a lot of oohs and ahhs. I loved our collaboration and am looking forward to December for Book 2!

Thank you, Adair! The design on this is fantastic for scifi, and you had some fantastic ideas, too. I'm totally looking forward to wowing your family and friends again, but this time I'm going to shoot for getting some basic acquaintances and a few strangers along with them!

Offline JalexM

• View Profile
    Everything's going to go up about 25%. I'm totally cool with not starting those prices for people who do a consultation *before* next Monday, even if the actual scheduled formatting comes *after* next Monday. Does that make sense? So if you and I talk before the 19th you can get the cheaper prices even if the scheduled date is for November 2-6. (Or whenever :) )
    Message sent!

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Message sent!

Responded!

Thanks so much, everyone, for looking at my thread! I've filled up the next two weeks but look forward to hearing from others who might want to schedule in the first and second weeks of November, or the second or third week of December. Just let me know! I fill up fast :)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement