Author Topic: Ampersand Book Interiors: Because '&' means more for YOU.  (Read 35382 times)  

Offline AmpersandBookInteriors

• Because & means more.
    • View Profile
    • Ampersand Book Interiors
Re: Write.Dream.Repeat. (e)Book Design & Formatting (New examples inside!)
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2015, 01:27:10 pm »
[Pics removed due to Photobucket hosting changes]

Hello, guys! Just wanted to pop in and show off some examples from a book I just finished designing yesterday for J Alex McCarthy!

I could do this for you, too :) Just give me a visit at http:/www.wdrbookdesign.com and get to know my work a bit :D

Thanks!

(psst, I also still have some openings for the end of December and January. It's better not to wait if you can help it.)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:09:08 am by Write.Dream.Repeat. »

Ebook formatting starting at $25.00. Print typesetting starting at $75.00.
Colleen Sheehan | Ampersand Book Interiors

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline JalexM

• View Profile
    « Reply #76 on: November 07, 2015, 05:01:26 pm »
    Collen is great and really easy to work with and any problems I had she quickly resolved.
    I'm going to go to her with all my formatting jobs from now on!

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #77 on: December 24, 2015, 06:46:37 pm »
    Collen is great and really easy to work with and any problems I had she quickly resolved.
    I'm going to go to her with all my formatting jobs from now on!

Thanks, Jalex!! Working with you was exceptionally smooth. Not to mention we made a great looking book together!

First, it's Christmas Eve and I wanted to thank everyone at Kboards that's even looked at my thread (23,442+ views? Holy crap!) for your support and attention. You've all helped change my life, and I mean that in a very literal sense.

And here are some more examples for you. Just as a reminder, I have two slots open from the 26th - 31st for anyone who needs some work done. I'm scheduled out again after January 1st to the middle of February, though, so if you need something done, don't wait!

Thanks, everyone! I hope you get some relaxing time tonight and tomorrow so you can get back to writing RESTED and RELAXED!

Offline ccruz

• View Profile
      • The Editing Sweetheart
    « Reply #78 on: December 30, 2015, 08:28:35 pm »
    Hi all, just wanted to drop by and gush about how pleased I am with Colleen's work. She designed my editing business's website. You can go see for yourself: http://www.theeditingsweetheart.com
    I was so happy with her work that I also hired her to design a logo for my business and to create a matching banner for my business's Facebook page.
    I will no doubt contact her when the time comes to have my author website done.
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:30:14 pm by ccruz »
    Copyeditor and Proofreader - www.theeditingsweetheart.com

Offline starkllr

• View Profile
    « Reply #79 on: December 31, 2015, 01:38:10 pm »
    Colleen worked me with on my Dream Series books (complete reformat for paperback and ebooks).  She was incredibly easy to work with, and the books look amazing.  I'll second everyone else here who is recommending her!

What if you could see everyone else's dreams?
    J.J. DiBenedetto | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Smashwords | Goodreads

Offline Nicholas Erik

• View Profile
    Re: Write. Dream. Repeat. Custom Print Interior Work. New Templates. Much Love.
    « Reply #80 on: February 16, 2016, 06:42:13 pm »
    Colleen did a wonderful job reformatting two eBook titles, making them both look spectacular. Super impressed with her work and her customer service. Would definitely highly recommend her if anyone is looking for an elegant and eye-catching interior design.

Nick

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #81 on: February 17, 2016, 04:11:45 pm »
    Hi all, just wanted to drop by and gush about how pleased I am with Colleen's work. She designed my editing business's website. You can go see for yourself: http://www.theeditingsweetheart.com
    I was so happy with her work that I also hired her to design a logo for my business and to create a matching banner for my business's Facebook page.
    I will no doubt contact her when the time comes to have author website done.

Thanks!! I loved working on your site--it was extremely interesting investigating other author service provider's sites and developing a design to help catch authors' eyes!

Colleen worked me with on my Dream Series books (complete reformat for paperback and ebooks).  She was incredibly easy to work with, and the books look amazing.  I'll second everyone else here who is recommending her!

Thank you, Mr. DiBenedetto!! I'm so looking forward to working on more with you--you're a great person to work with, and I'm extremely happy with the interiors we designed together, even at 10 books at once!

Colleen did a wonderful job reformatting two eBook titles, making them both look spectacular. Super impressed with her work and her customer service. Would definitely highly recommend her if anyone is looking for an elegant and eye-catching interior design.

Nick

Thank you so much, Nick! Your books were nice and clean to work with and having those ID files ready for me was actually rather nice. Don't hesitate to come back!

Offline belindaf

• New York
      • View Profile
      • Belinda Frisch, Author
    « Reply #82 on: February 17, 2016, 04:19:36 pm »
    Beautiful formatting! Great job. If my budget allows, I may be in touch in the future. Good luck!

Belinda Frisch | Twitter | Goodreads

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #83 on: February 17, 2016, 04:32:22 pm »
    Beautiful formatting! Great job. If my budget allows, I may be in touch in the future. Good luck!

Thank you so much, Belinda! I'll be glad to have you :) And good luck to you with your publishing!

Offline ccruz

• View Profile
      • The Editing Sweetheart
    « Reply #84 on: February 18, 2016, 08:32:20 pm »
    I just wanted to drop by again to report that I've had a big uptick on client queries and bookings ever since Colleen designed my editing business's website for me. It is so worth the investment. She takes it to the next level and makes you look professional.
    Copyeditor and Proofreader - www.theeditingsweetheart.com

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    I just wanted to drop by again to report that I've had a big uptick on client queries and bookings ever since Colleen designed my editing business's website for me. It is so worth the investment. She takes it to the next level and makes you look professional.

This is great to hear!! Nothing really beats a well-designed website, in my opinion. I'm open to do you author site, you know...whenever ;)

People, I have four openings available starting the 14th-30th of this month! Bring me your words, your prose, your hyphenation, your manuscripts! I'd love to talk book design with you all.

Just send me a message here: http://www.wdrbookdesign.com/#!blank/c24vq

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Hey, guys! Just check out my title10% off any jobs scheduled from March 14-25th. There are only four slots left; that's it! It's first come first serve, so if you're ready to give your print or ebooks that extra special attention, this is the time to do it.

And here's my most recent work, from J.J.DiBenedetto's next release, Finders Keepers

I'd love to talk! Just visit my contact page at http://www.wdrbookdesign.com/#!letstalk/c24vq or shoot me an email at [email protected]

Offline KeraEmory

• View Profile

Hey, guys! Just check out my title10% off any jobs scheduled from March 14-25th. There are only four slots left; that's it! It's first come first serve, so if you're ready to give your print or ebooks that extra special attention, this is the time to do it.

And here's my most recent work, from J.J.DiBenedetto's next release, Finders Keepers

I'd love to talk! Just visit my contact page at http://www.wdrbookdesign.com/#!letstalk/c24vq or shoot me an email at [email protected]

I'm going to ask a brief question here, as I suspect others will be interested. If I've put together a very standard fiction ePub (no images) via Vellum what would it cost me to have the interior prepared to be CreateSpace ready? I looked at your site but not sure I'm asking the right question. 100k words, very basic novel structure.

Offline KeraEmory

• View Profile
    A tiny bump.

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    I'm going to ask a brief question here, as I suspect others will be interested. If I've put together a very standard fiction ePub (no images) via Vellum what would it cost me to have the interior prepared to be CreateSpace ready? I looked at your site but not sure I'm asking the right question. 100k words, very basic novel structure.

Hey! Thanks for asking.I have two levels of services for both design and typesetting.

The design portion can either be based on one of my premade templates (I do need to expand the selection here, I know), which is under the Neat n' Organized section of my website. These are full-text (though publishing logo and author picture are included for free), and very simple in design, but there's nothing wrong with simple and clean! It's less expensive because the design was made already and it's mostly a question of applying the book and typesetting it.

The second design option is Gettin' Fancy. This is where we can really stretch our creative muscles, with fancy dropcaps and flourishes and whatever the author wants, really, because we have more control. Here I present the client with 2-3 potential designs made just for their book, and we tweak and pare them down until we have a well-balanced yet singular design. Then I typeset that.

The typesetting options also have two levels. The first is the Basic Pagination option, where I make sure my settings are at optimal numbers and then do a light scan-through to find any glaring issues. Even if it's more basic, I do find it's more than most people do on their own (totally understandable, because they don't have time to study typography like that! Who does, except weirdos??)

The second is the Advanced Pagination option. This includes those ideal settings, and then I study each and every page at greater detail to catch the truly little obsessive details to put the job at the highest quality.

Either design level can have either pagination detailing. That's up to the author and their priorities on how they want their book to be. I've seen traditional publishers produce books of all four of these levels of design and pagination. I take a good 6-8 hours per project ,so this is the real deal with lots of craftsmanship going into each book.

If that didn't answer your question at all, I'm sorry! I'll try to do better if you clarify.

Offline KeraEmory

• View Profile
    Thanks! I do at least have an inkling now of why the answer isn't simple, and I will keep this all in mind. I'm still new enough that I'm not sure of the viability of print, but I DO know that, while technically clued, my brain doesn't work the right way to do print layout myself and I will be hiring it out. :)

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Thanks! I do at least have an inkling now of why the answer isn't simple, and I will keep this all in mind. I'm still new enough that I'm not sure of the viability of print, but I DO know that, while technically clued, my brain doesn't work the right way to do print layout myself and I will be hiring it out. :)

Well, hey, if you do need anything else from me, don't be afraid to shoot me a private message or email when you're ready. I love to talk about this stuff!

Three slots open, people! Three slots! I anticipate them gone by Monday, so come while you can :D

Offline Nicholas Erik

• View Profile
    A+ job again. Above and beyond. Just tremendous.

Nick

Offline jenncrowell

• View Profile
    Colleen was a dream to work with, responsive and patient. My book looks absolutely beautiful, and I wouldn't hesitate to use her again.

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    A+ job again. Above and beyond. Just tremendous.

Nick

Thanks so much, Nick! I'm sorry I missed this; completely accidental. I can't wait to work with you again!

Colleen was a dream to work with, responsive and patient. My book looks absolutely beautiful, and I wouldn't hesitate to use her again.

Thanks so much, Jenn! I enjoyed working on your book, too, and I'm glad you found me patient! End changes are expected, I'm always willing to make adjustments.

I did want to note that I'm currently experiencing an issue with a lag in answering emails; I get a bunch in a day and sometimes I've been lagging about 48 hours behind, sometimes 3 days. I'm working to figure out how to work my massive amount of emails and balance it with actual formatting. Thank you all for being patient!!

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    I'm running an August special! 10 for 10 for 10! That is, 10 days, 10 book designs, 10% off!

This is for budget templates only as I can easily do those in a day or part of the next. Custom designs are at this point, full price. HOWEVER. I will be doing regular work along with this special, so I'm open to anyone and everyone to take advantage.

Go to the first post for details and a link where you can see my templates.

Thank you so much!

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Re: WDR Pro Book Design That Sells. Some Fresh New Spots Open This Week!
    « Reply #96 on: October 08, 2016, 04:01:51 pm »
    SCHEDULING UPDATE

It's coming to the end of 2016 which means cold weather. And cold weather means publishing. This is the exact time of year where I book fast. Like, I have spots open right now (Oct 8-20th), but once November hits, things get slim.

THAT SAID, I do have openings, though!! The trick is to just get them while you can. Please feel free to shoot me a PM or go to my website and fill out a service inquiry as soon as you can! I've got a lot of regular clients, but I want to keep room open for you lovely new people, too! Because there's nothing better that I like than new blood. As a centuries-old vampire still trying her hand at being a normal human being, I can't stress enough that I always want more. ;)

SO, Romance, Action, Erotic Romance, Gay, Fantasy, Non-fiction, Scifi, EVERY GENRE! Come see me. I promise I won't bite. People around Halloween are usually expecting it! :D

SHUT UP, you say? Ah! Ok! I'll just post some recent examples from my wonderful clients.

[The featured client here is my wife. I've been doing a lot of stuff for her recently, which I love <3 Publishing your own stuff is just as fun as helping others launch their publications, too!]

Is it time to get your book professionally designed and typeset? This undead designer thinks so. Check out more of my examples, testimonials, FAQ, Blog and more!
    http://www.wdrbookdesign.com/

Offline Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • Destroyer of Science Fiction
      • View Profile
      • Patty Jansen Author of SF and fantasy
    « Reply #97 on: October 08, 2016, 04:31:28 pm »
    Just want to say that your designs are soooo freaking gorgeous that I feel really tempted. Except I'm always fiddling with my content, print or ebook, updating back matter, front matter etc.

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #98 on: October 08, 2016, 05:34:05 pm »
    Just want to say that your designs are soooo freaking gorgeous that I feel really tempted. Except I'm always fiddling with my content, print or ebook, updating back matter, front matter etc.

Thank you so much, Patty! I would, uh *cough* LOVE to work on *cough* one of your books. It seems I need a glass of water...

I handle fixes pretty simply. I say collect a group of 5-10 or so and shoot them over in a little list for me. If it takes more than 15 minutes, I charge $17.50 per half hour. But, that few fixes more than often won't take me any time at all. It's a common question, and a great one!

• Because & means more.
      • View Profile
    Re: Pro Book Interior Design That Sells--Immediate openings are here!
    « Reply #99 on: December 07, 2016, 05:35:14 pm »
    Hey, guys! It's been awhile :D

It's getting near Christmas but I'm still workin'. I thought you all might like to see some of my most recent projects with some seriously awesome people!

Without further ado...some seriously awesome books. I have some open availability RIGHT NOW, so if anyone needs a book designed in either a custom design or template job, PLEASE let me know :D

THRILLER: Blood Stained Tea by Amy Tasukada

LITERARY ROMANCE: An Exaltation of Larks by Suanne Laqueur

MYSTERY ADVENTURE: Murder in Mayfair by Clara Benson

Thanks so much, guys. And dont' forget to come chat with me if you're curious about how to make your interiors beautiful!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement