Kindle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CANCELED - New Book Club--Reading with the Author--Jeff Hepple begins Apr 2

16K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  khamilton611 
#1 ·
Jeff Hepple, one of our author members, has graciously agreed to lead a book klub on his historical novel Gone for a Soldier! Woohoo!!!! Thanks, Jeff!

This will be the third in our series, Reading with the Author (after Mike Hicks's In Her Name beginning Feb 1 and Al Past's Distant Cousin beginning March 9). From what I've read in the posts, we have a lot of lovers of historical fiction, this should be right up their alley!

Jeff previously wrote: As a reminder, I'm still offering both my books, Gone For a Soldier and The Treasure of La Malinche (2 volumes) free to KindelBoards.com members for the balance of the year. Anyone interested can send me a private message and I'll gladly provide the links to the books.

Jeff's website is http://www.eliscopublishing.com/jeffry_s_hepple.asp

Here's the Amazon link to Jeff's book, which will give you a little bit more about it.

See less See more
#5 ·
Ann Von Hagel said:
Jeff I think it's duplicate, triplicate, or even quadruplicate. :) Seems like every other thread in Book Corner mentions how great the book is. . .guess I better get to reading it!

Ann
I may have to read it soon. I may not be able to wait till April ;D I may start reading it tonight or tomorrow.

#6 ·
Jeff said:
Thank you, LDB. That's very kind of you to say so.

Betsy, is this a duplicate thread? ???
I've posted this twice, once in the Book Klubs and once in the main Book Corner to catch people who may not think they're interested enough in the Book Klubs to check out the subforum, or who just don't see the subforum. I expect it will drop out of sight in the main Book Corner, which is fine, but I wanted to put it there once!

Betsy

#8 ·
Jeff said:
I should have known you had a good reason. Thanks.
Ah, you never know, I've done some boneheaded things....

Betsy

#13 ·
Jeff said:
For anyone that wants to display the graphic, Mike was kind enough to put a PNG on his PhotoBucket account and I've uploaded the below GIF to my web server:

Here's the code for this one:

Code:
[IMG]http://www.eliscopublishing.com/images/KB_BC_GFAS.gif[/IMG]
Thanks again, Mike.
No problemo! I'll add it to my sig once we get through Outlander - otherwise I'll be beaten for having too many thingies in there... ;D

#17 ·
Tell me about!

Be prepared, though, long range plans are for several book clubs to be going on at once.  People will have to choose!

Betsy

#18 ·
I wanted to share this review that was written by FearNot of KindleBoards.com with you:

[quote author=FearNot "BPalesch" (Lakeland, Fl USA)]

Gone For A Soldier, February 6, 2009

From the first page this story grabs hold and doesn't let go. Following the service of John Van Buskirk from the Continental Congress through the defeat of the British at Yorktown this thoroughly researched book offers excitement, romance and adventure seasoned with the perfect touch of humor. A number of historical documents have been included word-for-word which provide an insight into the thoughts, hopes and reactions of our founding fathers. They also bring a humanizing element, bringing the story to a much more personal level than otherwise might be the case. Included, to my delight, is one of the most eloquent documents ever produced; the American Declaration of Independence.

The action in the story will grab your attention; the personalities, good and bad, will keep your attention. One of my criteria for a good book is to make a fictional account become almost a reality - Jeff has succeeded. All in all, a book well worth reading.

[/quote]

#26 ·
I asked for the link (which I received really quickly), and I don't have my Kindle yet.  But...I don't intend to wait until the club to start reading...why put off reading tomorrow what I can read today?  I downloaded the mobipocket reader for my computer last night.

I've only gotten to page 22...it was 11pm, and I was getting tired!

I can't imagine pacing myself to only read a part of the book each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.