Author Topic: How to upload books on KINDLE FIRE GLARE  (Read 2939 times)  

Offline hillsong1

• View Profile
How to upload books on KINDLE FIRE GLARE
« on: April 10, 2015, 06:26:12 am »
Hello! My mom bought kindle fire glare from a local store and asked me to upload some(260 books,260!!!) for her.So i converted all the books with Calibre,but the program doesn't recognize the device.I can open the folder of the fire on my PC,but can't send the books thru Calibre.Can any of you guys help me with some advice?
Thanks in advance!
BR,Ivaylo!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
      • View Profile
    Re: How to upload books on KINDLE FIRE GLARE
    « Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 09:20:45 am »
    What is a "kindle fire glare"?
    And what is the original source of the books?
    If they are Kindle books or DRM-protected, then the device would have to be registered to an account for the source - or you have to find another workaround (which isn't discussed here on KBoards.
    Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Offline Speaker-To-Animals

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 10:24:18 am »
    Not sure what a Kindle Fire Glare is, but Kindle Fire's generally have problems connecting via usb.

First, try a different port, particularly if you're using one in front, try one on the rear of the PC. These often have more power than the front ports. Also, if you have a newer computer, it may have both USB2 and USB3 ports. The USB3 will have a blue color on the socket. Don't use those. Also, try plugging it in and rebooting the PC with it still plugged in.

Offline hillsong1

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 01:15:26 pm »
    My mother is a highschool teacher,so the textbooks are pdf files of some textbooks ,also there are some books,witch are distributed freely throughout the internet(by the author).I have and old PC,so my usb's are only 2.0.Here is a link to the kindle version: [link removed] .I have registered the device on amazon,but the books are not from there.
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:12:27 pm by Betsy the Quilter »

Offline BZee

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 04:17:34 am »
    I have a Kindle Fire HDX and Calibre has no problem seeing it. Assuming you are using windows, when the Kindle is attached can you see it listed in windows explorer? Also try a different usb cable

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 04:50:10 am »
    Betsy removed the link because it seemed questionable . . . . in another language, for one. The product shown, however, looked more like a Paperwhite model. Accordingly I'll move this back to the Let's Talk Kindle Area.

hillsong, where do you live? What store did she purchase it at? I'm trying to work out whether you have an authentic Amazon device, or if possibly it's a knockoff. Though, if Amazon let you register it, that argues for it being legitimate.

That said, PDFs generally do NOT render well on that device. Some may be too big to be delivered. Formats like ePub must be converted to .mobi or .azw. The books must NOT have any digital copy protections. If loading by physical connection, the files must be put in the 'documents' folder you see when the device is connected.

My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 07:05:32 am »
    The only place I've seen a Kindle Glare mentioned (in English) is on a Russian website.  Don't know if the model names were changed for export to certain countries.

I removed the link as the description left it questionable as to whether books on the site were legitimately there, sorry.

Betsy
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline hillsong1

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 06:42:42 am »
    The store from which it was purchased is a bulgarian giant in black and white technology.The kindle came in a small fancy box with the logo of Amazon and a sticker at the back saying "Certified frustration-free packaging".Yes,I can see the device on my explorer,I can open it and see the files,but when it comes up to Calibre it seems to reject it.I registered the device on amazon,but there was no use.Also I tried the cable from my LG G3 which is a basic usb cable for charging and its the same.My OS is Windows XP,but I tried it on a friend's computer ,which is with Windows 7 and there was no progress.
    Here is the error that is described by Calibre:
    calibre, version 1.48.0
    ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to access files in the main memory of your device. You should contact the device manufacturer for support. Common fixes are: try a different USB cable/USB port on your computer. If you device has a "Reset to factory defaults" type of setting somewhere, use it. Underlying error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'E:\\driveinfo.calibre'

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 86, in run
      File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 461, in _get_device_information
      File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 109, in get_device_information
    IOError: Failed to access files in the main memory of your device. You should contact the device manufacturer for support. Common fixes are: try a different USB cable/USB port on your computer. If you device has a "Reset to factory defaults" type of setting somewhere, use it. Underlying error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'E:\\driveinfo.calibre'

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 08:37:18 am »
    FWIW, I don't use Calibre. But I seem to recall something about having to somehow register the Kindle with the program as well so it knows to talk to it?

If you've used that program to convert the files to a compatible format, you may have luck just doing a 'drag and drop' to move the files from where ever they're stored on the computer to the Kindle.

The cable to use is a USB to USB micro.

Probably could go without saying, but the kindle needs to be on and not asleep. If it is on, it should wake up when plugged into the computer and a screen come up indicating it's in 'drive mode' (or something like that.)

Perhaps someone with more experience with Calibre will be along . . . . My biggest concern was that you'd actually ended up with a knock off device and not a "real" Amazon Kindle. But if you could register it to Amazon, it should be fine. So the difficulty is in the moving of files. 

I tend to do things all wirelessly: in the US there's a program called "Send to Kindle" available at Amazon that you set up on your computer and register with them and it lets you send wirelessly. Alternatively, there is a method of sending by sending to the device email from an approved email. Settings are on the 'manage your content and devices' pages.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Speaker-To-Animals

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 11:17:44 am »
    I use calibre all the time, you don't need to register anything. If the computer can see the device and you can open the folder then Calibre should talk to it.

Offline hillsong1

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 10:41:32 pm »
    The kindle wakes up when plugged into the computer and changes to usb mode.Can you please tell me more about this program "Send to Kindle" ? I will try it this afternoon.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement