Author Topic: siriusXM radio free preview Nov 19-Dec 2  (Read 1312 times)  

Online The Hooded Claw

• Card-carrying melodrama villain
    • View Profile
    • All about me....<hee hee>
siriusXM radio free preview Nov 19-Dec 2
« on: November 16, 2014, 11:46:11 am »
As part of their plan to suck you in, SiriusXM Will allow folks who have the radio in their car but no subscription to listen free to sixty channels starting November 19th and running till December 2nd. Plenty of time to get thoroughly sick of Christmas carols!

http://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Satellite?c=SXM_PageDetail_C&childpagename=SXM/SXM_PageDetail_C/OpenContent&cid=1413524723986&pagename=SXM/Wrapper&gawbType=gdoc&t=1&sxmlpId=listen5&intcmp=GAWBQ414FLSXMBlog
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
      • View Profile
    Re: siriusXM radio free preview Nov 19-Dec 2
    « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 11:50:45 am »
    ...Plenty of time to get thoroughly sick of Christmas carols!
    :o
    Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 11:55:37 am »
    "Getting sick of Christmas carols."

Not going to happen.
    :D

Hubby and I cancelled our Sirius after many years--didn't feel like we were using it enough to keep spending the money.  So they offered us a deal at $5 a month for six months.  So we kept it for six more months.

Betsy
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Online The Hooded Claw

• Card-carrying melodrama villain
      • View Profile
      • All about me....<hee hee>
    « Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 12:33:13 pm »
    Despite my jibe, the point of having XM is you don't have to listen to Christmas carols unless you want to!

I used the free trial that came with my car, extended for six months for thirty bucks, let it lapse for awhile, got another offer for six months for thirty bucks and did so, and have decided that I want to keep it, but am pondering how to do it without spending a pile of bucks. They have recently extended an inexpensive package targeted for the Hispanic market to everyone, and I will probably go for that. Fifty dollars a year for a limited channel selection that includes some of the rock-oriented and news channels I prefer, and even includes Internet access (not really needed with Pandora and that ilk out there).

http://www.siriusxm.com/packages/sxmbasicplus

I'm probably gonna Fall for it.
    "Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 12:57:21 pm »
    Well, my point was that one doesn't get sick of Christmas carols.  At least, not this "one." :D

If that package included "Willie's Place" (country music) I'd sign up in a heartbeat.  It has country music but hubby REALLY likes Willie's Place, and without know ing what kind of music is included, I'm not sure he'd go for it.  We'll have to see what's available when our time is up.

Betsy
    « Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 01:02:56 pm by Betsy the Quilter »
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

KBoards.com

• Advertisement