Author Topic: Dark loner wakes to find himself in hell - the pages of a child's fairy tale!  (Read 396 times)  

Offline churlishfellow

• Belleville, Wi
    • View Profile
    • A Somewhat Silly Story
Karl wants to be left alone, shut inside his dark apartment, free from the pesty nuisance of the outside world. Then he wakes to find himself trapped in his own worst hell - the bright and colorful pages of a child's fairy tale. Dancing pigs, singing flowers, a living doll and more all make his life miserable ... until he finds out there are things worse than hill.

Absurd humor and colorful descriptions makes Kourageous Karl: Drawn Into Darkness a silly, delightful read. Unlike my Somewhat Silly Story series of children's books, this one's for the older kids. Some naughty words (in the first sentence, no less!) and adult situations abound.

Just $0.99 ... Enjoy! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PX04B1G
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:09:25 am by churlishfellow »

Read my books or evil wins. You don't want that.
Mark Simon Smith | website

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not really a moderator. :)
      • View Profile

Welcome to KBoards, and congratulations on the book!  :)

Much of what follows you are, no doubt, already aware of, so please consider this to be just a friendly reminder. :) The posting of this 'welcome letter' doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so post this note in every thread. :) )

KBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum.  Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
    Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
    Book Bazaar Moderators
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline churlishfellow

• Belleville, Wi
      • View Profile
      • A Somewhat Silly Story
    Here's an excerpt from the beginning of Kourageous Karl: Drawn Into Darkness ...

--------

It wasn't the first time Karl had wanted to tell Cindy Curlicue to [expletive] off and he knew it wouldn't be the last.

Once again the living doll with her too-big eyes and bountiful locks of curled, strawberry hair was in his face and once again it was all Karl could do to restrain himself. His last run-in with the Thought Police was all too recent and fresh in his mind and he didnt want to do anything to draw their unwanted attention. No matter how cute and cuddly they looked, the pricks on the DUCKLING force knew their business.

No. No matter how much of a b*tch Cindy Curlicue was being to him, Karl was just going to have to keep his tongue from getting him into trouble. He merely nodded and tried to keep the urge to punch her off his face.

"We sure are super, duper glad you're here to help, Kourageous Karl!"

KOURAGEOUS KARL. He hated the nickname, the way it dripped with wholesome delight off her tiny, red tongue. He could just feel the way she added the "K" to "courageous" in the way her eyes twinkled with mirthful delight as she talked. It was the same whether she was calling him "Kaptain Karl" or "Konquering Karl" or "Kool Karl" or any of her scores of other ridiculous pet names she had for him.
    "Oh, Kourageous Karl, you're here to save the day and save all of us once again! Without your help, we'd all be doomed!"

IF ONLY THAT WERE TRUE, he thought. IT'S JUST BETTER TO GET IT OVER WITH. DO THIS ONE THING AND YOU CAN LEAVE. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T ... TALK ... BACK.

Karl mumbled non-committally and looked to where Cindy and her flock of bright-eyed goats were staring. Up on a hill no taller than a single-story building sat a baby goat, crying tears the size of grapes and alternating between bleating and wailing like a newborn human baby.

Offline churlishfellow

• Belleville, Wi
      • View Profile
      • A Somewhat Silly Story
    Just $0.99 for a copy all your own! Colorful, playful, and a fun read!

Offline churlishfellow

• Belleville, Wi
      • View Profile
      • A Somewhat Silly Story

Offline churlishfellow

• Belleville, Wi
      • View Profile
      • A Somewhat Silly Story

Offline churlishfellow

• Belleville, Wi
      • View Profile
      • A Somewhat Silly Story

Offline churlishfellow

• Belleville, Wi
      • View Profile
      • A Somewhat Silly Story

Offline churlishfellow

• Belleville, Wi
      • View Profile
      • A Somewhat Silly Story

Offline churlishfellow

• Belleville, Wi
      • View Profile
      • A Somewhat Silly Story

KBoards.com

• Advertisement