Author Topic: Anyone a Contemporary Romance and/or Romantic Suspense fan?  (Read 24777 times)  

Offline telracs

• NYC
  • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone a Contemporary Romance and/or Romantic Suspense fan?
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2020, 07:04:31 am »
i'm working through Nicole Burnham's San Rimini series.  The Knight's Kiss was my favorite of the set so far.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #201 on: July 24, 2020, 01:48:57 pm »
    Next one in the series comes out the first week in August. Its now on my list! Anxious to hear what you think of this one. Sorry the link came out so gigantic....the link maker was out of control.  :-[
    I am about halfway through, which is more book I have read in over a month. So thats good. Plus its about adults and not written in first person. So so much contempo is now written in first and it often reads like teenagers. I can watch teenagers better than reading about them. Not sure why.

So far so good. Its light, easy to read and I am curious where its going. Will be nice to actually finish a book again for once.

i'm working through Nicole Burnham's San Rimini series.  The Knight's Kiss was my favorite of the set so far.
    Checking them out, thanks.

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #202 on: July 29, 2020, 02:25:19 pm »
    I finished the Money Man and "Arabella" by Heyer. Since the heroine in Money Man talked about Mr. Beaumaris so I had to read that too.  ;D. Finished 2 books in a row, wohooooo.

Now checking some samples I get across the different romance threads...........

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #203 on: July 30, 2020, 02:22:15 pm »
    i had a hard time getting into Money Man, i found the heroine a bit annoying (too OCD and insecure for my taste), but i soldiered through to the end.

i have considered looking  at the Heyer book, but i'm not big on regency books.

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #204 on: July 30, 2020, 05:19:19 pm »
    i had a hard time getting into Money Man, i found the heroine a bit annoying (too OCD and insecure for my taste), but i soldiered through to the end.

i have considered looking  at the Heyer book, but i'm not big on regency books.
    yeah, its verrrry regency. So if you don't like that period, you probably not gonna like that one. I think a lot of the contemporary regency writers take their cues from Heyer. Lots of "cant" in her books about regency stuff. Dandies, language, etc. I still like Demerel better but Arabella was still very good to me. But I like Regency. So... ;D

Money Man kind of cleared my cobwebs. It was easy to read, nothing too complicated so it worked for me there. I don't read a lot of contemporary romance in general. And its been quite some time since my last. I just wanted to jump start my reading again. Its depressing when you cant finish anything anymore.

This year has been garbage.

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #205 on: August 05, 2020, 01:26:43 pm »
    got the last of Burnham's San Rimini books and devoured it.  i especially liked that it dealt with more mature characters instead of the twenty somethings you frequently get in romance. 

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #206 on: August 05, 2020, 03:02:10 pm »
    got the last of Burnham's San Rimini books and devoured it.  i especially liked that it dealt with more mature characters instead of the twenty somethings you frequently get in romance. 

I just looked up her books and I own the first in the previous series so I'll read that first, as I got it as a freebie in 2016. It looks like the 2 series are very losely connected. Different royals, but some sllight crossover. At least reviews mention it. But since I already own that one, I'll get to that and work my way through both series if I like it.  ;D

I like royal type romances, heck, I like the ones that area shown around christmas. There is one cute one with Sam Heughan who plays Jamie on outlander.  ;D

Anywho, royals, I am in.

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #207 on: August 05, 2020, 06:24:47 pm »
    I just looked up her books and I own the first in the previous series so I'll read that first, as I got it as a freebie in 2016. It looks like the 2 series are very losely connected. Different royals, but some sllight crossover. At least reviews mention it. But since I already own that one, I'll get to that and work my way through both series if I like it.  ;D

I like royal type romances, heck, I like the ones that area shown around christmas. There is one cute one with Sam Heughan who plays Jamie on outlander.  ;D

Anywho, royals, I am in.

the san rimini series incorporates characters from the first series (actually, the first book of the second series does not have any royals as main characters, it has a secondary character from the royal scandals series crossing into san rimini)

the 4th and 6th books of the original series branch off a bit and i don't recommend them (i think you can safely skip them). 

oh, and make sure you get the 3 novella set.  i don't love the first story in it, but the second and third are good.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement