Author Topic: What are you binge-watching?  (Read 105365 times)  

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
Re: What are you binge-watching?
« Reply #1075 on: August 07, 2018, 10:47:46 am »
LOL Gertie.  :)  I love Project Runway too but have missed so much of it since I got rid of cable. I'll check to see if Hulu has it.

Hi, Jeanne. Great to see you.

Yes, Hulu has all the seasons including All-Stars, but their new interface makes it hard to find anything. I found it on my laptop, watched a bit of one episode and then switched to TV. It picked up the episode I'd been watching and now I can go through all of them.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline JeanneM

• East Coast
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1076 on: August 08, 2018, 12:12:27 am »
    Good to see you too. :)  Great news about Hulu...I'll look for it.

Offline Diamond Eyes

• View Profile
    « Reply #1077 on: August 09, 2018, 10:01:33 am »
    Same thing here! The actors are so great, especially Katee Sackhoff. I always feel actors in sci-fi just don't get enough credit for their work a complex characters they play. Really a wonderful series, despite all that religious stuff.

Yeah, Starbuck was an awesome character, probably my favorite. I thought pretty much the entire cast was great in this show. Glad I finally decided to watch it.

Finished Battlestar a few days ago, started watching 12 Monkeys TV series last night. Fun time travel sci-fi type show so far. I remember liking the old movie with Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt, so looking forward to see what happens in the TV show version of the story.

Offline michaelcsahd

• Texas
      • View Profile
      • The Official Website of Author Michael C. Sahd
    « Reply #1078 on: August 09, 2018, 11:25:34 am »
    I didn't realize there was a television series of Twelve Monkeys. I might have to check that out!
    Lavender Rose: 20%
    I would love to hear from you on social media!
    Michael C. Sahd | Author Page | Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | LibraryThing

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #1079 on: August 09, 2018, 03:05:43 pm »
    I just finished binge watching The Collection on Amazon Prime and I'm so sad there are no more seasons!  SO good!  And so many questions unanswered!  When I become supreme ruler of the world, my first law will state any show cancelled shall receive one additional bonus episode to wrap everything up!

You've got my vote!

Offline Van Argan

• View Profile
      • VanArgan.com
    « Reply #1080 on: August 09, 2018, 04:12:59 pm »
    We're on the second season of The Crown and the first season of Orange is the New Black.  (Both series are on Netflix.)

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1081 on: August 10, 2018, 08:25:46 pm »

This week I binge-watched the 17 episodes of The Prisoner. It has been a long time (maybe several decades) since I watched it. I enjoyed it just as much this time as I did back in the 1960s when it was first shown. It has been digitally remastered, but it is still in the 4:3 format with just plain stereo sound.

The final episode is just as inexplicable now as it was back then. McGoohan admits that when it was time to do the last episode, he had not yet written it and didn't know how to end the series. He claims he didn't figure it out until he had written the first third of the last episode. I think it shows. That episode is a complete mess. I have read the articles and watch the shows that purport to explain that it's an attempt to explore the nature of Individualism versus collectivism. All the preceding episodes do this, but not the last episode. I think it just shows what kind of a train wreck can occur when you put an auteur in command with no oversight. It's not surprising that McGoohan had to leave the country for a few weeks after that episode was shown in the UK because angry viewers kept accosting him in the street and berating him.

Offline michaelcsahd

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1082 on: August 12, 2018, 08:44:22 pm »
    I haven't seen The Prisoner since sometime in the early 90s. I never did watch all of the episodes. Where did you find it to watch these days?
    Michael C. Sahd | Author Page | Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | LibraryThing

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1083 on: August 13, 2018, 07:03:41 am »
    I haven't seen The Prisoner since sometime in the early 90s. I never did watch all of the episodes. Where did you find it to watch these days?

I have four of the five-volume set of DVDs, purchased 10 or 15 years ago but never watched. But its free with Amazon Prime, and seems to be a slightly better copy there so I watched it on Prime. The original Saint TV show with Roger Moore is there also, and I periodically watch several of those.
    « Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 07:07:01 am by Mike D. aka jmiked »

Offline Cuechick

• Los Angeles
      • View Profile
      • etsy shop
    « Reply #1084 on: August 13, 2018, 09:57:58 am »
    I binged the first season of The Sinner (Ava on NF) and am now watching season 2... very good so far.
    Find Fab Vintage in my Etsy Shop: Fresh Pie!

Offline michaelcsahd

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1085 on: August 14, 2018, 07:38:53 am »

I have four of the five-volume set of DVDs, purchased 10 or 15 years ago but never watched. But its free with Amazon Prime, and seems to be a slightly better copy there so I watched it on Prime. The original Saint TV show with Roger Moore is there also, and I periodically watch several of those.

I have an Amazon Prime subscription, but I haven't really used it for watching show much (I typically use Netflix). However, if The Prisoner is on there, I will definitely have to check it out!

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1086 on: August 16, 2018, 06:52:55 pm »
    Just watched the first episode of Yellowstone. Definitely the beginning of our next binge.
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, 2nd & 1st gen Oasis, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini for PDFs

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1087 on: August 19, 2018, 11:09:11 am »
     I decided my next binge-watch was going to be Lost. Ive been doing five or six episodes a day, so Im already up to the beginning of Season 4. I am still impressed by the series. Not having to wait between episodes or seasons is a definite plus to watching it this time.

I remember being disappointed with the end of the series, and Im wondering if I will feel the same this time. I have read comments from another producer/writer that either Cuse or Lindelof (creator/show runners) told him that the network messed about with the final season against the wishes of the producers of the series.

Offline derek alvah

• View Profile
    « Reply #1088 on: August 21, 2018, 02:04:09 pm »
    The final episode of Lost was the only one of the entire series that I didn't like.

Right now I'm binge-watching Westworld season 2.

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1089 on: August 21, 2018, 05:45:55 pm »
    I keep hearing so much bad about the finale of Lost that I keep hesitating to actually watch it now that I can. Sometimes I think I'd like to, and then I think... Quantum Leap.

I recall that it was very allegorical/metaphysical, and many people have brains that cant handle that sort of thing, including me. It was especially frustrating for people that thought the series was all about the mysteries and not about character and redemption. Many people loved the ending.  I am partway through the fifth season now, and should hit the end of the series early next week.
    « Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:57:00 pm by Mike D. aka jmiked »

Offline NogDog

• View Profile
    « Reply #1090 on: August 22, 2018, 01:17:49 pm »
    Not sure if it counts as binge-watching, but I've been spending ~4 hours each week watching the web series "Critical Role", and another 90 minutes watching its recap show, "Talks Machina". (Some NSFW language)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQqYA_aKNCM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQqYA_aKNCM</a>

Episode 1 of the new campaign (which I think is a better place to get into it than the first campaign):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byva0hOj8CU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byva0hOj8CU</a>

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #1091 on: August 24, 2018, 09:10:55 am »
    As president of the Last On The Train Club, I fiiiinnnaaaaallly got around to watching the original Twin Peaks (from 1990.)  The first episode is a bit rough and I had to push through it, but man... yeah... it is great.

I remember when it first came on. DD was in her room watching it and I was in the L/R watching it. She kept running in and saying, "Did you see that?" It was very exciting at the time.

Especially love the music.

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #1092 on: August 24, 2018, 12:57:07 pm »
    So I need to try to watch this then? Sigh. I'm still trying to catch up with the 80s shows I missed. We lived in an area where we barely received the three main networks over the air and there were so many shows I missed seeing in their entirety because of terrible reception and siblings who wouldn't share the TV. :D

Of course, I was also addicted to reading, so I can't blame it all on bad reception and siblings.

Yes, although there was a lot of weirdness and it deteriorated after the murder was solved. One of the things I loved was two of the stars of West Side Story were in it. Russ Tamblyn and Richard Beymer.

I really need to listen to the music again.

Offline Skip Knox

• Kuna, Idaho
      • View Profile
      • Altearth
    « Reply #1093 on: August 24, 2018, 02:44:34 pm »
    Wife and I just finished with Halt and Catch Fire. It was surprisingly good. My professional career closely spans the period covered, so it was lots of fun seeing all the old tech and the obvious references, but you absolutely don't need to know any of that. It's really a character study, with outstanding acting.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1094 on: August 31, 2018, 12:14:31 am »
    Especially love the music.

My brother Russ bought me the Twin Peaks soundtrack CD (still have it).
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1095 on: August 31, 2018, 12:19:26 am »
    I have been re-watching Downton Abbey (maybe the 6th time). I finished S3. Also re-watching Longmire. Recently watched Ordeal by Innocence (Agatha Christie on Amazon Prime); Then There Were None (Acorn) and more of season 20 of Midsomer Murders.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #1096 on: August 31, 2018, 05:21:03 am »
    I have been re-watching Downton Abbey (maybe the 6th time). I finished S3. Also re-watching Longmire. Recently watched Ordeal by Innocence (Agatha Christie on Amazon Prime); Then There Were None (Acorn) and more of season 20 of Midsomer Murders.

I really like Midsomer Murders but I really feel like Season 20 went downhill.

Offline Rafael Pombo

• Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1097 on: August 31, 2018, 01:03:49 pm »
    I'm kinda binge-watching BoJack Horseman. :D

Rafael Pombo | Goodreads | Twitter

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1098 on: September 02, 2018, 10:29:07 pm »
     Im currently binge-watching Emerald City. I know, it only lasted one season, but at least it didnt end on a massive cliffhanger. Like many things, I dont see why this one was canceled when there are so many other me-too programs that have been renewed.

Offline jlaughs

• View Profile
    « Reply #1099 on: September 03, 2018, 12:53:48 am »
    Hey, all!

I'm binge-watching Community, High Maintenance, and True Detective.

I just binge-watched The Wire before this current spree.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement