Author Topic: What are you binge-watching?  (Read 105823 times)  

Offline prairiesky

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: What are you binge-watching?
« Reply #1100 on: September 03, 2018, 09:46:50 am »
Binge watching Jack Ryan on Amazon.  It is sooo good that I am a little freaked out that I am almost finished because I want MORE.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline EC Sheedy

• BC, Canada
    • "Words are Deeds." Wittgenstein
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1101 on: September 04, 2018, 07:24:16 pm »
    Binge watching Jack Ryan on Amazon.  It is sooo good that I am a little freaked out that I am almost finished because I want MORE.

Me, too! I think it's terrific. Great story and the bad guy Sheikh is original and compelling. My  problem is I've got the last episode to watch and can't see it until Thursday night. Oh, and Krasinski is perfect. 

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1102 on: September 04, 2018, 07:40:00 pm »
    We just finished up Jack Ryan last night. Really liked it - well done.
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, 2nd & 1st gen Oasis, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini for PDFs

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #1103 on: September 05, 2018, 03:24:38 am »
    I just discovered the original Upstairs Downstairs is on Acorn and I started watching last night.

One problem, it started me off in the middle of Season 1, Ep 13 and I don't know how to get back to the beginning. Help, anyone?

Offline derek alvah

• View Profile
    « Reply #1104 on: September 05, 2018, 06:49:16 pm »
    Finished The Detectorists for about the 4th time.  Just started the 3rd season of Hannibal.

Offline Diamond Eyes

• View Profile
    « Reply #1105 on: September 06, 2018, 05:38:30 pm »
    Finished watching the 12 Monkeys TV series. It dragged in spots and seemed to have some fluff to pad out the story in some places. I think it would have been amazing if it was tightened up into 3 seasons instead of 4, but still a good show overall. Tons of cool historical sets and costumes and stuff when the characters jump around different time periods. The crazy girl, Jennifer, was awesome and had some really funny and interesting scenes. Don't know if this will be a show I ever rewatch, but worth watching once for sure.

Not sure what to watch next, my watch list is huge. Probably going to watch the first couple episodes of Continuum, Revolution, and The Strain then see which show grabs me the most.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1106 on: September 06, 2018, 10:10:15 pm »
    I just discovered the original Upstairs Downstairs is on Acorn and I started watching last night.

One problem, it started me off in the middle of Season 1, Ep 13 and I don't know how to get back to the beginning. Help, anyone?

If you haven't solved this yet: go to "seasons and episodes"; go to season 1 and the episodes should appear in order.

I didn't like the 1st season too much, but I did watch all episodes a while back. When the show was new, they didn't have much direction. There was a strike and some of the episodes were in black & white. When I watched on PBS station (which probably wasn't PBS at the time) in 1975, they were in the 3rd season, so seasons 1 and 2 were new to me when Amazon had it about 7 years ago.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1107 on: September 06, 2018, 10:13:54 pm »
    I am not sure where I left off when I watched George Gently a few years ago, so I started from the beginning. Now in Season 2. S2E1 had no titles, and I needed them, even though I'd seen this one before. It is on Acorn.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #1108 on: September 07, 2018, 09:34:48 am »
    I am not sure where I left off when I watched George Gently a few years ago, so I started from the beginning. Now in Season 2. S2E1 had no titles, and I needed them, even though I'd seen this one before. It is on Acorn.

Loved that series so much I even read the books. I did get all the way through the last season.

Offline *DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon)

• Mtn House, CA
    • Self-help and Spiritual Living
      • View Profile
      • "HEALTH and LOVE is your birth-right" Series
    « Reply #1109 on: September 07, 2018, 03:26:02 pm »
    I liked Roseanne but they cancelled it. I  binge-watch old comedies like Three's company etc.....

Offline msdanielle28

• View Profile
      • Inspiration Today
    « Reply #1110 on: September 13, 2018, 10:39:21 am »
    Just finished watching the newest Mission Impossible movie and I found it entertaining and kinda funny at times.  :)
    Now I'm going back to watch the older Mission Impossible movies. Never really watched or got into them until I watched
    this new one.

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1111 on: September 13, 2018, 01:00:52 pm »
    Loved that series so much I even read the books. I did get all the way through the last season.

The series ending was a bit of a shocker, wasnt it?

I got the first three books in an omnibus edition several years ago. I guess I ought to go read them.
    « Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 01:02:34 pm by Mike D. aka jmiked »

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #1112 on: September 13, 2018, 01:09:55 pm »

The series ending was a bit of a shocker, wasnt it?

I got the first three books in an omnibus edition several years ago. I guess I ought to go read them.

Definitely.

I started out with the omnibus, too, but then ended up buying all the available books. I think not all of them were ebooks at that time but most of them were already converted.

Offline mscusse

• View Profile
    « Reply #1113 on: September 13, 2018, 09:15:33 pm »
    As strange as this sounds, I've become addicted to Hello Counselor, a Korean variety show.

Offline Diamond Eyes

• View Profile
    « Reply #1114 on: September 15, 2018, 07:50:18 am »
    I binged watched the Steins;Gate anime. Awesome time-travel story, amazing characters. The English dub is really good.

Been on a time-travel kick lately. Might just need to rewatch the Back to the Future trilogy again soon since I haven't seen it in years. If anyone knows any other good time-travel movies, TV, or other media recommendations, let me know.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• Lighthouse Ranch, Nevada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1115 on: September 15, 2018, 11:19:19 am »
    If anyone knows any other good time-travel movies, TV, or other media recommendations, let me know.

THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE

I read the book, watched the movie and listened to the audio tape.....all excellent.
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #1116 on: September 15, 2018, 01:43:07 pm »
    I binged watched the Steins;Gate anime. Awesome time-travel story, amazing characters. The English dub is really good.

Been on a time-travel kick lately. Might just need to rewatch the Back to the Future trilogy again soon since I haven't seen it in years. If anyone knows any other good time-travel movies, TV, or other media recommendations, let me know.

Here's an oldie (quite oldie) but a goodie. (can't find it through link maker)

https://www.amazon.com/Connecticut-Yankee-Arthurs-Court-Illustrated-ebook/dp/B00LVDQCTS/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1537043890&sr=1-3&keywords=a+connecticut+yankee+in+king+arthur%27s+court

Then there's

Both books and movies. But be forewarned. Lots of sex and violence. And I do mean lots. But a fantastic story. Season four is due to premiere on STARZ in November. Ronald Moore has done an outstanding job bringing these books to life and believe me, Outlander fans worldwide would have burned him at the stake if he'd messed up.

Offline FayeHall

• Australia
      • View Profile
      • Faye Hall
    « Reply #1117 on: September 15, 2018, 10:53:57 pm »
    Just finished Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes and now onto Law & Order: UK.  Always loved the original US version, but am really loving the UK version.

Drama and passion from Historical Australia
    Faye Hall | Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram | Bookbub

Offline Cuechick

• Los Angeles
      • View Profile
      • etsy shop
    « Reply #1118 on: September 17, 2018, 01:04:42 pm »
    I have been binging on The Great British Bake Off (Or Baking Show as it is called in the U.S) Netflix just added the newest season that has new hosts and one new judge because they moved from the BBC to another Network. I do miss Mel and Sue and Mary but the new Judge is ok... the hosts are barely palatable but still love the show. The contestants were strong and the challenges seemed extra tough.

I then have been going backward through the previous seasons... just love this show.
    Find Fab Vintage in my Etsy Shop: Fresh Pie!

Offline Rafael Pombo

• Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1119 on: September 18, 2018, 02:21:50 am »
    I binged watched the Steins;Gate anime. Awesome time-travel story, amazing characters.

YES!

If anyone knows any other good time-travel movies, TV, or other media recommendations, let me know.

I really enjoyed Dark. It's on Netflix.

Rafael Pombo | Goodreads | Twitter

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #1120 on: September 19, 2018, 01:48:02 am »
    Traveling in England and France, Amazon Prime gave me some selections to view while abroad.  Interestingly, some would only work on my iPad.  Watched Season 1 of Jack Ryan.  Enjoyed it a lot!  Found it worked best if I downloaded first to my iPad so I didn't have to rely on iffy hotel WiFi.  (I set the season to download overnight.)
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1121 on: September 20, 2018, 08:28:03 am »
    Traveling in England and France, Amazon Prime gave me some selections to view while abroad.  Interestingly, some would only work on my iPad.  Watched Season 1 of Jack Ryan.  Enjoyed it a lot!  Found it worked best if I downloaded first to my iPad so I didn't have to rely on iffy hotel WiFi.  (I set the season to download overnight.)
    Interesting. You didn't have to set a different country for it to work? Not that I'll be travelling any time soon. Just curious.  ;D

I am about to stop with NCIS. Not sure what season I am on but I think its the last one where another big team member will leave. Its lost its charm a bit.

So I am going to continue to binge on Inspector Lynley, which I found on Britbox. I read up to a certain amount of books in the series and it looks like when the TV show was made there were only 3 seasons they could base on the books. There weren't any new ones out. So I assume after that season it will be alternative universe. Which is fine I guess. Two Barbara Havers are even better.  ;D

Then I am going to give Midsummer Murders are show. At least I dont have to sign up for yet another service to see that. Its getting a bit annoying and it adds up. Good thing is in amazon prime they make it easy to cancel and resubscribe in the account, rather than going to the sites and spreading it out.

There are shows I'd like to watch on the MHz prime channel and there is also PBS Masterpiece. But I can't have them all. So I am going to switch between them and watch off stuff first. Again, easy to do on amazon.
    I don't like that it is all so spread out.

Offline Brownskins

• Dallas, Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1122 on: September 20, 2018, 08:38:16 am »

Hey!  My wife and I have just started Jack Ryan and are enjoying it too.  Tonight we will be watching Episode 7.  All this time I was thinking that the actor playing Jack Ryan is the same one who played Chuck (TV series) and Flynn Rider in Tangled.  So its hard to reconcile the stark difference in characters.  Just found out today that Krasinski and Zachary Levi are 2 different actors, ha ha ha.  Enjoy Europe!  KBoards is kinda paranoid nowadays (and like Atunah, I feel "lost" - given that I took a long break and just came back to find out about all "these").
    Train rides + Kindle reads = Win!

A few of my thoughts and reviews are posted here:  https://simplyctrocks.blogspot.com/

Offline cagnes

• Louisiana
      • View Profile
      • Bayou Cover Designs
    « Reply #1123 on: September 22, 2018, 09:53:42 pm »
    Just watched the 1st two episodes of The Miniaturist on PBS & loved it. I wish it were longer, it's a 3 part Masterpiece series. Can't wait for the last part on Sunday.

Christine | Member since 10/13/2009 | 2019 Reading Challenge | Bayou Cover Designs | Bayou Cover Designs on the KBoards Yellow Pages
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.  ― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #1124 on: September 23, 2018, 11:33:00 am »
    Interesting. You didn't have to set a different country for it to work? Not that I'll be travelling any time soon. Just curious.  ;D

No, I didn't.  Amazon apparently knew I was abroad, and the top row of videos was "Things to watch while you are abroad."  The only weird thing was that some would only work on the iPad.  I watched Jack Ryan on the iPhone 8 Plus, though while I did other stuff on the iPad.

All this time I was thinking that the actor playing Jack Ryan is the same one who played Chuck (TV series) and Flynn Rider in Tangled.  So its hard to reconcile the stark difference in characters.  Just found out today that Krasinski and Zachary Levi are 2 different actors, ha ha ha.  Enjoy Europe!

Too funny....we enjoyed our time very much.  Home now feeling very jet lagged.

Betsy
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

KBoards.com

• Advertisement