Author Topic: What are you binge-watching?  (Read 103749 times)  

Offline NapCat (retired)

• Lighthouse Ranch, Nevada
    • View Profile
Re: What are you binge-watching?
« Reply #1150 on: November 04, 2018, 09:57:32 am »
Final season of HOUSE OF CARDS....sans Kevin Spacey

'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1151 on: November 05, 2018, 06:55:28 pm »
    I am currently watching two different series: The Saint with Roger Moore, and The Avengers with Patrick MacNee and Diana Rigg.

Both series are available for free (with ads) via the Tubitv streaming service which I get on my Roku.  They list all of The Saint episodes (~120 eps) and all of The Avengers episodes (~110 eps) with Patrick Macnee, including the early ones with Honor Blackman.

This should keep me busy for a long time.

Offline Cuechick

• Los Angeles
      • View Profile
      • etsy shop
    « Reply #1152 on: November 06, 2018, 06:04:08 am »
    Homecoming

The new series on Amazon Prime with Julia Roberts and by the creator of Mr. Robot. We have 2 left! Goes quick, just 10 episodes and they are under 40 minutes each, which I love.
    Find Fab Vintage in my Etsy Shop: Fresh Pie!

Offline LGOULD

• View Profile
    « Reply #1153 on: November 06, 2018, 11:12:41 am »
    Same here with House of Cards. I miss Spacey's sleaziness, but his missus is no slouch either.

Offline Chad Winters

• View Profile
    « Reply #1154 on: November 06, 2018, 04:04:08 pm »
    Bosch on Amazon Prime....addictive police detective show

Member since 10/28/2008 | (make your own reading bar)

Offline *Sandy Harper*

• View Profile
      • "Cash at Home Series"
    « Reply #1155 on: November 29, 2018, 03:47:53 pm »
    Old shows like Threes company....

Offline msdanielle28

• View Profile
      • Inspiration Today
    « Reply #1156 on: December 01, 2018, 12:10:59 pm »
    Binging on the Lifetime channel lately.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not really a moderator. :)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1157 on: December 01, 2018, 01:01:33 pm »
    I finished "The Doctor Blake Mysteries" last week .... three series on Netflix. It's an Australian show, set in a fictional town in Victoria in the early 50s. The Doctor is back in town taking over his father's practice and his position as police surgeon and he just can't keep from doing his own investigations, much to the exasperation of the real police.

Also found "Death in Paradise" which is about a Scotland Yard detective sent to an island in the Caribbean to solve the murder of the previous detective inspector stationed there. And then, he is told to stay and take over permanently. He's TOTALLY a fish out of water and not at all happy to be away from his comfort zone of London. So there's humor, but also good mysteries, the solutions of which rely on paying close attention to detail, especially the little things that don't seem to make sense.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1158 on: December 01, 2018, 06:33:19 pm »

Agreed on both series. Ive watched all 5 series of Doctor Blake on BritBox. They have announced a 6th series, albeit with significant cast changes.

Death in Paradise is on my Must See list. An 8th series has been announced, but with more cast changes, sigh. I also have two of the books, although I havent read either yet.

I am coming to really hate this forum software. It wont let me block select text on my iPad to make things in italics (I have to do it one word at a time), and there is the obvious problem with not translating apostrophes correctly. I rarely have this problem with any of the other half-dozen forums that I post in.  But I always have it in this one.
    « Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 06:40:32 pm by Mike D. aka jmiked »

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1159 on: December 02, 2018, 06:06:55 am »
    Agreed on both series. Ive watched all 5 series of Doctor Blake on BritBox. They have announced a 6th series, albeit with significant cast changes.

Ah! good to know there are more ... I'll check Netflix periodically so see if they go past 3 series. I did feel the end of series 3, when Jean left to help her son and daughter in law with the new baby and Lucien joined her on the bus, could work as well for end of series as end of whole show. Same for Midsomer Murders which has 19 series on Netflix but I know there's a 20th -- just not there yet.

I've been toying with the idea of trying BritBox, but not sure I want to pay -- I'm only getting Netflix now as it came free when we switched to T-Mobile for our cell phones.

Death in Paradise is on my Must See list. An 8th series has been announced, but with more cast changes, sigh. I also have two of the books, although I havent read either yet.

Will make a note of that as well. I think Netflix has 6 or 7; I'm only just near the end of 1 so a ways to go.

I am coming to really hate this forum software. It wont let me block select text on my iPad to make things in italics (I have to do it one word at a time), and there is the obvious problem with not translating apostrophes correctly. I rarely have this problem with any of the other half-dozen forums that I post in.  But I always have it in this one.

:) one of the reasons I generally use my desktop, or link up my bt keyboard if I'm on my tablet -- especially if I'm being verbose, which, honestly, I usually am. :D But Betsy might know some tricks ... she's pretty much a guru for fruity phones and tablets. ;) (Oh, and there was recently included some way to put the forum in a different format for tablets and phones -- but I don't use it and forget, now, how to activate it.)
    My Kindles
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline anguabell

• View Profile
      • Goodreads
    « Reply #1160 on: December 03, 2018, 12:17:02 pm »
    Also found "Death in Paradise" which is about a Scotland Yard detective sent to an island in the Caribbean to solve the murder of the previous detective inspector stationed there. And then, he is told to stay and take over permanently. He's TOTALLY a fish out of water and not at all happy to be away from his comfort zone of London. So there's humor, but also good mysteries, the solutions of which rely on paying close attention to detail, especially the little things that don't seem to make sense.

I absolutely love "Death in Paradise" - it's my "feel-better" anti-stress show, re-watched quite a few times. Of course the plot has its weak moments - but those actors and that island...!!!!! Unfortunately, the books based on the series are not worth reading, IMHO.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1161 on: December 03, 2018, 08:07:40 pm »
    I absolutely love "Death in Paradise" - it's my "feel-better" anti-stress show, re-watched quite a few times. Of course the plot has its weak moments - but those actors and that island...!!!!! Unfortunately, the books based on the series are not worth reading, IMHO.

yeah ... for a murder mystery series, it's pretty light-hearted with definite moments of humor. Got a pretty big shock this afternoon, though, when starting the 3rd series and find that Richard Poole is killed and some new guy comes in. At least when the Detective Barnabys switched out in Midsomer Murders, there was some foreshadowing and explanation!
    My Kindles
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1162 on: December 04, 2018, 05:45:14 am »
    Thanks for mentioning "Death in Paradise."  I am always trying to find things for DH to watch.  He quickly got hooked on this one after watching the first two episodes yesterday.  Just based on the time we have spent in the Caribbean, I bet they can get a lot of mileage out of the laid-back attitude of the folks who live there.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1163 on: December 04, 2018, 06:12:17 am »
    Thanks for mentioning "Death in Paradise."  I am always trying to find things for DH to watch.  He quickly got hooked on this one after watching the first two episodes yesterday.  Just based on the time we have spent in the Caribbean, I bet they can get a lot of mileage out of the laid-back attitude of the folks who live there.

Yes -- as contrasted with stereotypical English sensibilities!
    My Kindles
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Diamond Eyes

• View Profile
    « Reply #1164 on: December 05, 2018, 07:04:03 am »
    Anyone seen Castle Rock, that show based on Stephen King works and universe? Movies and series based on King's stuff seems to be pretty hit or miss, hoping this one is good when I get around to binge watching it.

Offline EmberKent

• Pacific Northwest
      • View Profile
      • Ember Editing
    « Reply #1165 on: December 10, 2018, 03:23:32 pm »
    I was binge-watching Deep Space Nine, Shark Tank, and Jeopardy. I ran out of steam on Jeopardy though and stopped watching it entirely. Shark Tank... an episode here or there.

So now it's just Deep Space Nine. I've already seen it several times but I've been long overdue for a rewatch. Always fantastic. By far my favourite Trek.

Offline jlaughs

• View Profile
    « Reply #1166 on: December 13, 2018, 10:40:32 pm »
    I m watching American Horror Story Season 4 and Fresh Off the Boat currently. I don't like either much, but I let them play on as I do some cleaning, washing, and other in-house chores.

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1167 on: December 14, 2018, 07:48:00 am »
     I have been binging on Corner Gas, the award-winning Canadian comedy show about a small rural town in Saskatchewan.  Prime has all six series plus the movie. I saw several of the series a decade or so ago, and I think I may have gotten some DVDs from Netflix.

This show may be the very definition of the term quirky.
    « Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 08:03:01 am by Mike D. aka jmiked »

Offline LGOULD

• View Profile
    « Reply #1168 on: December 14, 2018, 07:57:08 am »
    "Riverdale" on Netflix, starring the Archie comics characters. Only the story lines aren't so funny, and often not that plausible either.   

Offline EmberKent

• Pacific Northwest
      • View Profile
      • Ember Editing
    « Reply #1169 on: December 14, 2018, 09:13:18 am »
    "Riverdale" on Netflix, starring the Archie comics characters. Only the story lines aren't so funny, and often not that plausible either.

The first season was alright. I've heard it really goes off the rails after that, though. How far in are you?

Offline LGOULD

• View Profile
    « Reply #1170 on: December 20, 2018, 08:58:09 am »
    I'm about mid-way through the second season of "Riverdale.

Offline KylieG

• View Profile
    « Reply #1171 on: December 20, 2018, 10:56:37 am »
    I am currently watching two different series: The Saint with Roger Moore, and The Avengers with Patrick MacNee and Diana Rigg.

Both series are available for free (with ads) via the Tubitv streaming service which I get on my Roku.  They list all of The Saint episodes (~120 eps) and all of The Avengers episodes (~110 eps) with Patrick Macnee, including the early ones with Honor Blackman.

This should keep me busy for a long time.
    Thanks, I had never heard of Tubitv.  I definitely will check this out.  I love all incarnations of The Saint going back to Vincent Price on the radio.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• Lighthouse Ranch, Nevada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1172 on: December 21, 2018, 10:52:19 am »

What a trip down memory lane !  First aired in 1960....every young guys dream.  Viet Nam prevented me from doing the trip, but over my lifetime I have travelled most of route 66....even own a small piece of property on it !!
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1173 on: December 23, 2018, 09:06:10 am »
    We just binged The Little Drummer Girl yesterday from the DVR - aired on AMC last month.  Excellent - may have interested us more than it would some because it was set mostly in Europe in the late 70s and we lived there then.  Felt very true to the times.

We also binged the final season of House of Cards.  Much less satisfying - it was okay (despite missing Francis) until the final two episodes, which were just...weird. And disappointing.  Like the writers lost focus, or interest, or both. 
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, 2nd & 1st gen Oasis, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini for PDFs

Offline EmberKent

• Pacific Northwest
      • View Profile
      • Ember Editing
    « Reply #1174 on: December 23, 2018, 09:12:58 am »
    Trying to burn through all of New Girl since it's going away on January 1st on Netflix.

Midway through season 2... I don't think I'm gonna make it.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement