Author Topic: What are you binge-watching?  (Read 103753 times)  

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
Re: What are you binge-watching?
« Reply #1175 on: December 24, 2018, 01:54:48 pm »
I finished Moonlight, which was unfortunately only one season before it was cancelled. I had never had a chance to watch it. Now I am sad. I think it was from 2007. So much potential. So because I loved the lead played by Alex O'Laughin (sp?) I started watching the Hawai 0-5 reboot. I never watched the original. I like this one. I love the humor and how the actors work with each other. So I'll stick with that for a while. Then once I am done moving all togeether, I'll grab Starz from amazon prime channels and binge watch the current Outlander series.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Cuechick

• Los Angeles
      • View Profile
      • etsy shop
    « Reply #1176 on: March 25, 2019, 05:30:24 pm »
    Am re-watching the last season of GOT in preperation for it's return next month.
    Find Fab Vintage in my Etsy Shop: Fresh Pie!

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Card-carrying melodrama villain
      • View Profile
      • All about me....<hee hee>
    « Reply #1177 on: March 25, 2019, 06:57:23 pm »
    Ive been thoroughly enjoying the old Peter Gunn series from the late 1950s on Amazon Prime. Not the usual sort of cerebral detective show I tend to like. The emphasis is on great camera work, interesting character actor  guest star informants, and of course cool music. The details are often left for the viewer to fill in. Im about to finish up season two out of three after two months of watching, and Im loving it.
    "Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Offline rchapman1

• Queensland, Australia
      • View Profile
      • ritaleechapman.com
    « Reply #1178 on: March 27, 2019, 11:04:37 pm »
    Just been given the series A Place To Call Home and loving it!
    Rita Lee Chapman

Offline Diamond Eyes

• View Profile
    « Reply #1179 on: March 28, 2019, 07:41:35 am »
    Am re-watching the last season of GOT in preperation for it's return next month.

same, except I'm re-watching all the previous seasons. can't wait to see how the show wraps up everything. hope it lives up to expectations. if it turns out a decent ending, it will probably go down as my favorite TV show ever.

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1180 on: April 02, 2019, 01:20:48 pm »
    I still have yet to watch even one episode of GoT. Just  not sure if it is something I would like. I guess its the folks croaking left and right what i read about that turns me off. Maybe one day. At least if I do and I actually do like it, I'll  have them all lined up to binge.  8)

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1181 on: April 02, 2019, 04:40:05 pm »
    I still have yet to watch even one episode of GoT. Just  not sure if it is something I would like. I guess its the folks croaking left and right what i read about that turns me off. Maybe one day. At least if I do and I actually do like it, I'll  have them all lined up to binge.  8)

The graphic violence turned me off pretty quickly. I think I lasted for three episodes then gave it up.

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1182 on: April 02, 2019, 05:33:09 pm »

The graphic violence turned me off pretty quickly. I think I lasted for three episodes then gave it up.
    Ah thanks. Yeah, I think that was one of the reasons I didn't attempt. Again, just reading whats online about it. Probably not for me then.

Offline *DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon)

• Mtn House, CA
    • Self-help and Spiritual Living
      • View Profile
      • "HEALTH and LOVE is your birth-right" Series
    « Reply #1183 on: April 25, 2019, 03:25:00 pm »
    I am not binge-watching anything and have more fun with social networks.....

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1184 on: April 25, 2019, 06:14:20 pm »
    I am currently binge-watching Person of Interest on Netflix.  I enjoyed the first one or two seasons when originally aired, but when the other supercomputer came into the plot line I quit paying a lot of attention to it.  So I may only rewatch the first two or three seasons.  After that Ill probably resume my rewatch of the Wycliffe detective series on Amazon prime.

Offline xandy3

• K Crumley
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1185 on: April 26, 2019, 08:06:26 am »
    most recently: Classic Doctor Who, The City and The City, and old episodes of Perry Mason.  8)

I started to binge Hamish MacBeth but I got off-track with that one. I still love the book series, and Robert Carlysle though.

Offline Nina Huffney

• USA
      • View Profile
      • Nina Huffney on Blogger
    « Reply #1186 on: April 28, 2019, 10:42:04 pm »
    Currently it's 'Rilakkuma and Kaoru'.

In the past:
    • Conan Without Borders
    • The Haunting of Hill House
    • The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell
    • The Great British Baking Show
    • Father Ted (Amazon Prime)
    • The Good Place
    • VEEP (Amazon Prime)
    • Samurai Gourmet
    • Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
    • A Series of Unfortunate Events
    • Daredevil
    • The IT Crowd
    • Arrested Development
    I haven't seen 'Lucifer' yet, but I'm intrigued.
    « Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 10:12:31 am by Nina Huffney »

Offline prairiesky

• Colorado
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1187 on: April 29, 2019, 09:13:48 am »
    Killing Eve.  I just finished season 1 and looking forward to season 2.  Jody Comer is amazing as Villanelle

Offline Cuechick

• Los Angeles
      • View Profile
      • etsy shop
    « Reply #1188 on: April 30, 2019, 05:57:47 pm »
    Killing Eve.  I just finished season 1 and looking forward to season 2.  Jody Comer is amazing as Villanelle

Great show and am enjoying season two!

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1189 on: May 01, 2019, 10:58:47 am »
    I finished Moonlight, which was unfortunately only one season before it was cancelled. I had never had a chance to watch it. Now I am sad. I think it was from 2007. So much potential. So because I loved the lead played by Alex O'Laughin (sp?) I started watching the Hawai 0-5 reboot. I never watched the original. I like this one. I love the humor and how the actors work with each other. So I'll stick with that for a while. Then once I am done moving all togeether, I'll grab Starz from amazon prime channels and binge watch the current Outlander series.

Funny I should come across this. Alex is my cousin (third cousin, actually) from my Australian side of the family.
    Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1190 on: May 01, 2019, 03:39:58 pm »
    Funny I should come across this. Alex is my cousin (third cousin, actually) from my Australian side of the family.

Oh wow, that is awesome. I loved the series Moonlight where he was the lead and it was cut short cause again, anything I like gets cancelled.
    Course it was already cancelled by the time I got around it. So I knew it would be short. He made such a dreamy vampire.  ;D. Its the reason I started Hawaii five 0 in the first place. He's great in it too, totally different, but I got to love the whole cast. The banter and all that.

How in the heck he sounds american is something I am always in awe off when it comes to international actors. I remember watching Homeland and one of the the main lead was on some talk show, Damian something and its so weird to hear them in their own accent.
    I am almost caught up with the show now though, was able to cancel CBS all access thankfully. Horrible service. Now I am recording as they are airing via youtubeTV.

Offline Cuechick

• Los Angeles
      • View Profile
      • etsy shop
    « Reply #1191 on: May 01, 2019, 05:12:10 pm »
    I'm now re-binging season 1 of GOT ... I realized with all the talk of how the foundation for this finale season was planted from the beginning and with my bad memory... (it has been 8 years) I decided to dive back in.
    Knowing what we know now it is really interesting to watch it from this new perspective.

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1192 on: May 01, 2019, 06:14:17 pm »
    Man, I so wish I knew if I should watch GOT or not. I don't like over the top gratuitous violence and rapey stuff, unless there is something to offset it. Like Outlander has some really bad stuff too, but its offset by other stuff like happy moments, some humor. It just seems its all doom and gloom and death all the time on GOT. Or is that not so? 

I never watched even one episode of it. There are enough seasons for a binge, but I just don't know if I should. I'd have to subscribe to HBO. I don't read fantasy at all, but I wonder if there is enough "history" tone and feel to it for me to like it. I mean I love reading urban fantasy, so i am not opposed to creatures.

Sigh, decisions decisions. I managed to be pretty spoiler free for all these years though. Other than I know there is some "red wedding" with many deaths and one character that gets killed early on and flying dragon babies. That is is  :P

Offline HLS

• MO
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1193 on: May 01, 2019, 07:29:28 pm »
    I just finished watching 8 seasons of Dexter over the past two weeks.

Incredible writing up to the end.  The middle sagged a little (as middles do) but I really enjoyed the psychological aspect of the series.

Julie Benz that Played Rita  I went to high school with her and I lived a block down from hers. I remember her. We graduated a year apart I believe.  Oh ya I am binge watching Fringe.

Offline michaelcsahd

• Texas
      • View Profile
      • The Official Website of Author Michael C. Sahd
    « Reply #1194 on: June 06, 2019, 07:54:29 am »
    The first season or two of Fringe was really good, but then it went downhill.
    Lavender Rose: 20%
    I would love to hear from you on social media!
    Michael C. Sahd | Author Page | Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | LibraryThing

Offline Diamond Eyes

• View Profile
    « Reply #1195 on: June 06, 2019, 11:58:26 am »
    I've binged watched pretty much every David Lynch movie in the last week. Very weird and interesting stuff. Mulholland Drive is now one of my favorite movies. I'm watching The Lost Room sci-fi mini-series. It's pretty good so far, and it's short so not too much to lose if the ending is not so great. Also watching Angel Beats anime. Getting excited for Stranger Things season 3 on 4th of July.

Offline michaelcsahd

• Texas
      • View Profile
      • The Official Website of Author Michael C. Sahd
    « Reply #1196 on: June 06, 2019, 12:13:22 pm »
    I really enjoyed The Lost Room, and I definitely plan to watch season three of Stranger Things as well!
    Lavender Rose: 20%
    I would love to hear from you on social media!
    Michael C. Sahd | Author Page | Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | LibraryThing

Offline NogDog

• View Profile
    « Reply #1197 on: June 06, 2019, 12:50:19 pm »
    Man, I so wish I knew if I should watch GOT or not....

For me, I only watched the first 2 episodes, and basically had the same reaction as I had to the first book, which I gave up on after 2-300 pages (maybe a quarter of the way through?). That reaction was that I didn't really care what happened to any of the characters -- and there were many "main" characters, so you'd think I might have cared about a few of them. :)

Offline NogDog

• View Profile
    « Reply #1198 on: June 06, 2019, 12:54:24 pm »
    I'm sure I'll be finishing up "Good Omens" this weekend, after watching at least the first half of the episodes last weekend. It's been decent, though I'm not sure how easy it would be to follow along for those who have not read the book? (Again, a lot of characters following separate if related paths.)

Offline Jay Todd

• View Profile
    « Reply #1199 on: June 09, 2019, 06:16:25 am »
    In the breaks between playing at https://nordspil.com/ and working, I'm trying to watch some shows on HBO. Sopranos and whatnot.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement