Author Topic: What are you binge-watching?  (Read 105366 times)  

Offline b.t. keaton

• Wellington, New Zealand
    • View Profile
    • Debut novel by B.T. Keaton
Re: What are you binge-watching?
« Reply #1250 on: April 01, 2020, 09:00:58 pm »
Well, I'm on day 7 of the 4-week lockdown here in New Zealand.  I finally got to watch the Korean film Parasite by Bong Joon-ho last night.

I won't spoil it for anyone, and I'm still not quite sure what to make of it... an interesting film to say the least, but I found almost all the characters to be totally unlikable.  So, for that reason alone, I have to give it a 7.5 out of 10.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1251 on: June 28, 2020, 11:31:22 pm »
    I've been watching the new Perry Mason series on Netflix (Matthew Rhys) that is set in 1931-32 in Los Angeles. I barely remember the Perry Mason series from the '50s but we did watch it back then and this is nothing like it. I do like this one, although it shows some gruesome things.

Also watching the latest Grantchester series on PBS and Beecham House. Not too fond of Beecham House, but it is just good enough to keep watching weekly.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline telracs

• NYC
    • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1252 on: June 30, 2020, 02:09:25 pm »
    I've been watching the new Perry Mason series on Netflix (Matthew Rhys) that is set in 1931-32 in Los Angeles. I barely remember the Perry Mason series from the '50s but we did watch it back then and this is nothing like it. I do like this one, although it shows some gruesome things.

Also watching the latest Grantchester series on PBS and Beecham House. Not too fond of Beecham House, but it is just good enough to keep watching weekly.

The Perry Mason looks to me like a prequel/origin story, is it something like that?

Oh, and there is a new Lucy Worsley series on PBS, called Royal Fibs.  First episode was Queen Elizabeth 1, second was Queen Anne (didn't know much about her), and the third one will be Marie Antionette.

I've been binging Star Trek.  Alternating between Next Generation and DS9, with some Enterprise thrown in.

Offline LDB

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1253 on: July 01, 2020, 06:21:00 am »
    Gunsmoke. With nearly 700 episodes I shouldn't have to worry about repeating for a while.
    My Service on the KBoards Yellow Pages
    There's no bad day if you have a good book.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1254 on: July 02, 2020, 02:44:12 am »
    The Perry Mason looks to me like a prequel/origin story, is it something like that?

Oh, and there is a new Lucy Worsley series on PBS, called Royal Fibs.  First episode was Queen Elizabeth 1, second was Queen Anne (didn't know much about her), and the third one will be Marie Antionette.

I've been binging Star Trek.  Alternating between Next Generation and DS9, with some Enterprise thrown in.

Yes, Perry Mason must be a prequel. I have watched the first in the Lucy Worsley series about Elizabeth I. I have the next one on DVR. I alerted my brother Stan to watch Lucy W. and he said he had the Queen Anne one set up to record on Sunday. He read the Wolf Hall series of books by Hilary Mantel this year and then saw the PBS series for the first time recently.

I watched two episodes of Queer Eye Tuesday evening. I like this season being set in Philadelphia.
    New York, NY
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1255 on: July 11, 2020, 11:00:57 am »
    I am rewatching re-binging? Vampire Diaries. Guilty pleasure. Vamp teenage angst and drama is just what I need right now  ;D.

And once that is done, I want to watch Alias. I have heard about that show for a long time, but never watched it. Not even one episode so that might be a good one to get into.

I finished Enterprise and sad how it ended. I just pretend the last to 2nd episode was the last. It actually turned out to be my favorite of the star trek franchise for me. 2nd favorite is Deep Space nine, although haven't watched all yet. My least favorite is Next generation, I just don't like that one for some reason. Can't get into Picard and the other characters. I think I need to watch Deep space nine and Voyager all the way through. Those I like. Skipping the Next Gen.

Offline Betty Blast

• View Profile
    « Reply #1256 on: July 11, 2020, 01:48:20 pm »
    I just rewatched Vampire Diaries too! It's a good show to watch in the evening as most of the scenes are dark. I'm watching The Sinner and getting ready to start Warrior Nun.

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1257 on: July 13, 2020, 05:15:51 pm »
    I am rewatching re-binging? Vampire Diaries. Guilty pleasure. Vamp teenage angst and drama is just what I need right now  ;D.

And once that is done, I want to watch Alias. I have heard about that show for a long time, but never watched it. Not even one episode so that might be a good one to get into.

I finished Enterprise and sad how it ended. I just pretend the last to 2nd episode was the last. It actually turned out to be my favorite of the star trek franchise for me. 2nd favorite is Deep Space nine, although haven't watched all yet. My least favorite is Next generation, I just don't like that one for some reason. Can't get into Picard and the other characters. I think I need to watch Deep space nine and Voyager all the way through. Those I like. Skipping the Next Gen.

OMG, the ending of Enterprise was just SO WRONG!  Actually, most of the endings of the Star Trek Spin-offs leave much to be desired.  Let me know when you're watching Voyager, so I can voice my main complaints about that show. 

I went on an Alexandre Dumas movie binge this weekend.  Richard Chamberlain "Count of Monte Cristo" and "Man in the Iron Mask" followed by Leonardo DiCaprio's "Man in the Iron Mask" then the Keifer Sutherland/Oliver Platt/Charlie Sheen "Three Muskeeteers".  Then for a bit of a change, went to "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves".  Am thinking "Ladyhawke" or "Princess Bride" next.

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1258 on: July 13, 2020, 06:25:00 pm »
    OMG, the ending of Enterprise was just SO WRONG!  Actually, most of the endings of the Star Trek Spin-offs leave much to be desired.  Let me know when you're watching Voyager, so I can voice my main complaints about that show. 

I went on an Alexandre Dumas movie binge this weekend.  Richard Chamberlain "Count of Monte Cristo" and "Man in the Iron Mask" followed by Leonardo DiCaprio's "Man in the Iron Mask" then the Keifer Sutherland/Oliver Platt/Charlie Sheen "Three Muskeeteers".  Then for a bit of a change, went to "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves".  Am thinking "Ladyhawke" or "Princess Bride" next.
    Yeah, that ending was so out of place and so mean. Like the show runners just wanted to shat all over it and the characters. Didn't make sense and peeved me off. I would have liked a couple of more seasons of this show. I think I like my sci fi closer to first contact, which that one was. I am not too fond when its more like fantasy and far removed from earth and humans. If that makes sense.

I'll let you know about Voyager. Which one is first chronological, Voyager or Deep Space. I guess I'll google that.

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1259 on: July 13, 2020, 08:43:27 pm »
    Yeah, that ending was so out of place and so mean. Like the show runners just wanted to shat all over it and the characters. Didn't make sense and peeved me off. I would have liked a couple of more seasons of this show. I think I like my sci fi closer to first contact, which that one was. I am not too fond when its more like fantasy and far removed from earth and humans. If that makes sense.

I'll let you know about Voyager. Which one is first chronological, Voyager or Deep Space. I guess I'll google that.

DS9 is technically chronologically first.  I think that Voyager starts around the 3rd Season of DS9 (Voyager [the ship] actually leaves from DS9).  if you don't like fantasy, i am surprised you like DS9, as i feel it is the most fantasy leaning of all the series.

As to the Enterprise ending, i think they got cancelled by surprise, so were not able to go on as they expected and got stuck with the lousy ending. 

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1260 on: July 14, 2020, 09:07:23 am »
    I have only watched a few episodes of DS9. I'll start from beginning and see if I like it. THere was something about the tone of the show that appealed to me. Which is exactly what I don't like about the Next Gen. The tone on that one does not appeal.

True, I prefer the ones that are more human connected. Its the same when I read. But since there are only a selected type TV shows out there that I even wanna watch, I'll stretch out a bit more. I am running out of stuff to watch otherwise.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not really a moderator. :)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1261 on: July 14, 2020, 09:27:15 am »
    Recently found "Inspector George Gently". Similar in feel to "Foyle's War" but it took me longer to 'get' the characters.It's set in the 60s. I'm running out of things I want to watch on Acorn so when I've seen all I care to, I may cancel it and switch to BritBox for a while .... I left off at season 2 of Vera and I'd like to continue that. And I've seen a lot of other things that look good via Prime Video, but they're actually on BritBox.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1262 on: August 28, 2020, 12:10:49 am »
    i just finished binging Star Trek: Enterprise and now i'm watching Babylon 5 from the beginning.

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1263 on: August 28, 2020, 10:57:23 am »
    I finished Vampire Diaries and glad too. Last 2 seasons were garbage. Got worn out on all the teen drama lama.

So now I started The Originals, spinoff of the VD and now that is more like it. A vampire show for adults. Great acting, great setting in New Orleans and great atmosphere. I have 5 seasons I think to watch. Halfway through the first.

Offline Betty Blast

• View Profile
    « Reply #1264 on: August 29, 2020, 03:00:55 pm »
     ;D I started watching the Originals too! I've also been watching Wynonna Earp. It's a supernatural drama with a tough female main character, great so far.

Offline etexlady

• View Profile
    « Reply #1265 on: August 30, 2020, 09:23:03 am »
    Yellowstone.  Took several episodes to sort out the characters, relationships and some of their backstories but its really interesting now.  Somewhat reminds me of the old show Dallas - powerful rich family with lots of secrets and back stabbing.

Offline LiveWell-Amy

• View Profile
    « Reply #1266 on: September 07, 2020, 05:11:29 pm »
    I had been watching Mahabharta series with English captions for the last several weeks.....

Offline HLS

• MO
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1267 on: September 07, 2020, 05:29:23 pm »
    Binging Law and Order SVU

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1268 on: September 08, 2020, 02:21:27 am »
    I started S5 of Peaky Blinders last night. 1929 stock market crash.
    New York, NY

Offline Peeves

• View Profile
    « Reply #1269 on: September 09, 2020, 02:26:44 pm »
    I started watching The Originals, I like it for now. I find it more interesting than Vampires Diaries, agree? By the way, here is a great website for all movie fans https://streamingsites.com. There are many lists of various streaming sites, I think it's a real find.
    « Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 02:40:14 am by Peeves »

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1270 on: September 09, 2020, 05:46:47 pm »
    switched to food network and guy's grocery games.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement