Author Topic: Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)  (Read 2333449 times)  

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
  • Kindle Scout Kahuna (2015-2018)
    • View Profile
    • MY WEBSITE
Re: Kindle Scout experiences, anyone?
« Reply #3800 on: February 17, 2016, 03:43:28 am »
Just call me, Little Miss Overthinker

Nothing wrong with thinking. I ought to do it myself - but if I go down that road I fall into procrastination. I need me a to-do list and right now my to-do list has ONE single item on it. It says "Go like crazy."

Like I said, rhino-thinking.

Of course do you know just how hard it is to find an actual living, breathing rhinoceros these days?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Cassidy

• England, United Kingdom
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3801 on: February 17, 2016, 03:49:55 am »
    Nothing wrong with thinking. I ought to do it myself - but if I go down that road I fall into procrastination. I need me a to-do list and right now my to-do list has ONE single item on it. It says "Go like crazy."

Like I said, rhino-thinking.

Of course do you know just how hard it is to find an actual living, breathing rhinoceros these days?

The pit of procrastination actually has my name etched in to it in several places. I've decided to strap a ladder to my back for the next time I fall.
    Check out Forest of Demons on Kindle Scout :D https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/XCA3VZMEAL5P

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
      • View Profile
      • MY WEBSITE
    « Reply #3802 on: February 17, 2016, 04:25:12 am »
    Whew, again.

It is nice and warm outside and the snow that was burying our house has all been rained away. The gods of winter have been really kind this year - a whole lot kinder than last year.

I'm on the run this morning - but I still managed to write my daily blog entry for my THIRTY DAYS OF KINDLE SCOUT column.

I've got 15 days left and I have spent 253 hours upon the Hot & Trending list - which is a good fat number and I figure I have done EVERYTHING that I can to work that angle.

Nevertheless, I have got a couple of more tricks up my sleeve before the Gods of Kindle Scout sing out closing time and throw me out of the bar.

Speaking of bars, lets get to listing, shall we?

:)

Updated List

1 day left Son of Justice by Steven L. Hawk
    8 days left The Digital Graffiti by Rose Carter
    9 days left The Sleepwalkers by B.B. Griffith
    15 days left Kelpie Dreams by Steve Vernon
    15 days left Love Rocks by LB Clark
    15 days left Out of Darkness by Kenny S. Rich
    16 days left Forrest Wollinsky: Vampire Hunter
    22 days left Bulletproof Hearts by Brianna Cane
    23 days left Forest of Demons by Debbie Cassidy

If I have missed anyone let me know.

Happy scouting to you all!

Offline LeonardDHilleyII

• Author of Sci-fi Thrillers/Fantasy/Urban Fantasy
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3803 on: February 17, 2016, 05:02:10 am »
    Whew, again.

It is nice and warm outside and the snow that was burying our house has all been rained away. The gods of winter have been really kind this year - a whole lot kinder than last year.

I'm on the run this morning - but I still managed to write my daily blog entry for my THIRTY DAYS OF KINDLE SCOUT column.

I've got 15 days left and I have spent 253 hours upon the Hot & Trending list - which is a good fat number and I figure I have done EVERYTHING that I can to work that angle.

Nevertheless, I have got a couple of more tricks up my sleeve before the Gods of Kindle Scout sing out closing time and throw me out of the bar.

Updated List

18 days left Forrest Wollinsky: Vampire Hunter

Steve, your weather seems to be the mirror image of mine! The plus side of this weather is I'm getting a lot of writing done. ;) 

I ran an ad via FB for several days, following the setup model that Mark Dawson detailed in his videos. I did have significant spikes in views and nominations during those days. What I didn't expect was getting Likes on my author page and messages from future potential readers, which is a fantastic bonus! Mark's videos were a great help in narrowing the audience for readers who might enjoy Forrest Wollinsky: Vampire Hunter. Instead of clicks to a personal website, the clicks went directly to my Kindle Scout campaign.

Good luck to everyone in the listing!

----
    "Killing Vampires Since 1888." -- Forrest Wollinsky
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:05:26 am by LeonardDHilleyII »

Offline LeonardDHilleyII

• View Profile
    « Reply #3804 on: February 17, 2016, 05:06:18 am »
    Wow. You must think I am a LOT smarter than I really am.

I'm just a dumb old man, Debbie. Means I am trying my darndest to put something up on the scoreboard. That's male thinking - totally, full-tilt boogie competitive. I'll wait to the first or second week of March when the gods of Kindle Scout either give me a thumbs up or thumbs down. THEN I'll decide that I was either doing the right thing or the wrong thing.

If I have a totem right now, it is the Rhino.

Head down and charge forward.

Hope you hear great news soon!

Offline Steven L. Hawk

• Boise, ID
      • View Profile
      • Steven L. Hawk's Website
    « Reply #3805 on: February 17, 2016, 07:24:12 am »
    One.  Day.  Remaining. 

Selected or not, I'm anxious to get this book out into the wild. 

This is off topic, but wanted to share with folks who can relate.  I had an inspiring interaction with a reader yesterday.  I''m buying a new desk and was conversing via email with the company who is building it.  The salesperson I'm  communicating with asks, "Are you Steven Hawk, the writer?"  Long story short, we end up finalizing the details of the purchase over the phone and I learn this person has read all of my books and wants to know if more are coming.  I've had email from readers in the past, but this is the first time I've ever "tripped" over one going about my day-to-day.  It was a good feeling. 

Steven L. Hawk | My Website

Offline AliceS

• View Profile
    « Reply #3806 on: February 17, 2016, 07:31:22 am »

This is off topic, but wanted to share with folks who can relate.  I had an inspiring interaction with a reader yesterday.  I''m buying a new desk and was conversing via email with the company who is building it.  The salesperson I'm  communicating with asks, "Are you Steven Hawk, the writer?"  Long story short, we end up finalizing the details of the purchase over the phone and I learn this person has read all of my books and wants to know if more are coming.  I've had email from readers in the past, but this is the first time I've ever "tripped" over one going about my day-to-day.  It was a good feeling.

That must have made your day! I got my first "fanmail" today! Someone emailed me thru the contact form on my blog to say that she enjoyed my book. Very cool!

Offline Steven L. Hawk

• Boise, ID
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3807 on: February 17, 2016, 08:06:00 am »
    That must have made your day! I got my first "fanmail" today! Someone emailed me thru the contact form on my blog to say that she enjoyed my book. Very cool!

Very cool, indeed.  There's nothing like getting your first fan mail.  Congrats!  Time to start a file folder and begin collecting them!

My conversation with the reader was fun, if a tad awkward.  She wanted to talk about my books and writing, while I had to keep bringing the conversation back to the desk.  (Maybe I'm alone in this, but I find talking to readers about my books to be slightly uncomfortable.)  Anyhow, she was excited to know I'll be writing my future books at a desk made by their company while I felt better about dropping the cash, knowing I have a reader there.

Offline AliceS

• View Profile
    « Reply #3808 on: February 17, 2016, 08:16:03 am »
    (Maybe I'm alone in this, but I find talking to readers about my books to be slightly uncomfortable.) 

The first time I heard someone talk about my characters - say their names out loud - I was shocked. It felt so weird to be discussing something that previously only lived in my head! But that was a critique group, hearing from a fan is even more of a shock.

Offline Jeanne McNamee

• First Class Procrastinator
      • View Profile
      • Jeanne's official website
    « Reply #3809 on: February 17, 2016, 11:30:17 am »
    One.  Day.  Remaining. 

Selected or not, I'm anxious to get this book out into the wild. 

Whoa! I just checked back... haven't been here for a while... got you in under the wire! Good luck :)

Offline Jeanne McNamee

• First Class Procrastinator
      • View Profile
      • Jeanne's official website
    « Reply #3810 on: February 17, 2016, 11:35:15 am »
    Whew, again.

Updated List

16 days left Forrest Wollinsky: Vampire Hunter

I've been busy with my daughter's wedding- been away for a while... nice to see you're still here putting up the daily list! I got Kelpie Dreams nom'd ... best of luck to you!!

Offline blancheking

• View Profile
    « Reply #3811 on: February 17, 2016, 01:37:57 pm »
    Very cool, indeed.  There's nothing like getting your first fan mail.  Congrats!  Time to start a file folder and begin collecting them!

My conversation with the reader was fun, if a tad awkward.  She wanted to talk about my books and writing, while I had to keep bringing the conversation back to the desk.  (Maybe I'm alone in this, but I find talking to readers about my books to be slightly uncomfortable.)  Anyhow, she was excited to know I'll be writing my future books at a desk made by their company while I felt better about dropping the cash, knowing I have a reader there.

Very cool :) That must be a great feeling.

As a side note, I went to add a vote to your book and it seems yours was the one I left in my third spot for the last week.  I guess I really wanted the free book...

Offline Andy Mulberry

• It never rains in California.
      • View Profile
      • Andy Mulberry
    « Reply #3812 on: February 17, 2016, 02:42:31 pm »
    New here... I'm an author of middle grade fiction, but have now thrown my young adult manuscript at Kindle Scout. First day today, and it's kinda scary.

I've pretty much read this entire thread, also nominated books here on the list that I found intriguing and wouldn't mind receiving for free if selected.

Not sure what the friendly Scout people will make of an MG author who's pitching her debut YA novel, but we shall see. The book's gonna set free no matter what :)

Fire Girl -- A Tale of Witches and Wolves
      https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2GT84PLLG4OEE

And I have no idea how to make proper links, sorry :)
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:47:55 pm by Andy Mulberry »

Offline Steven L. Hawk

• Boise, ID
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3813 on: February 17, 2016, 03:12:13 pm »
    Whoa! I just checked back... haven't been here for a while... got you in under the wire! Good luck :)

Very cool :) That must be a great feeling.

As a side note, I went to add a vote to your book and it seems yours was the one I left in my third spot for the last week.  I guess I really wanted the free book...

Thanks for the noms!  One more day to go!

Offline Cindy Rinaman Marsch

• Slippery Rock, PA, USA
    • Happy Debut Novelist
      • View Profile
      • Rosette: A Novel of Pioneer Michigan
    « Reply #3814 on: February 17, 2016, 03:28:59 pm »
    Steve, your fan mail made MY day! :-D

ROSETTE: A NOVEL OF PIONEER MICHIGAN and "Blizzard: A Story of Dakota Territory"
    Cindy Rinaman Marsch | ROSETTE website for both books | Moraine's Edge Books for author services | KBoards Yellow Pages Entry

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
      • View Profile
      • MY WEBSITE
    « Reply #3815 on: February 17, 2016, 06:32:19 pm »
    Better yet, remind yourself that if/when you DO get grabbed up by Kindle Scout they are going to most likely ask you that telling question - "So, what ELSE are you working on?"

You'll be happy to know I am writing right now, tonight - working on a brand new novel.

I've been busy with my daughter's wedding- been away for a while... nice to see you're still here putting up the daily list! I got Kelpie Dreams nom'd ... best of luck to you!!

Thank you, ma'm.

Time for some shut-eye. See you all in the morning. My HeadTalker goes live tomorrow and I want to see if it makes any sort of a splash at all.

Offline LeonardDHilleyII

• View Profile
    « Reply #3816 on: February 18, 2016, 12:07:22 am »

That's great!

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
      • View Profile
      • MY WEBSITE
    « Reply #3817 on: February 18, 2016, 01:34:51 am »
    Hot dang. Thursday is my Friday this week - meaning that I just have to go to work today and tomorrow I get the whole day off.

Let's get to the list, shall we? Remember - these are ALL of the kboards Kindle Scout thread members (says so on their job description) and the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

LAST DAY LEFT Son of Justice by Steven L. Hawk
    7 days left The Digital Graffiti by Rose Carter
    8 days left The Sleepwalkers by B.B. Griffith
    14 days left Kelpie Dreams by Steve Vernon
    14 days left Love Rocks by LB Clark
    14 days left Out of Darkness by Kenny S. Rich
    15 days left Forrest Wollinsky: Vampire Hunter
    21 days left Bulletproof Hearts by Brianna Cane
    22 days left Forest of Demons by Debbie Cassidy
    28 days left Fire Girl by Andy Mulberry

Offline TheBehrg

• View Profile
    « Reply #3818 on: February 18, 2016, 03:41:26 pm »
    New here... I'm an author of middle grade fiction, but have now thrown my young adult manuscript at Kindle Scout. First day today, and it's kinda scary. [/i]

Welcome aboard the crazy train! And know that several YA novels have been selected thru KS in the past year. Best of luck --

The Behrg | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter

Offline Andy Mulberry

• It never rains in California.
      • View Profile
      • Andy Mulberry
    « Reply #3819 on: February 18, 2016, 06:10:14 pm »
    Welcome aboard the crazy train! And know that several YA novels have been selected thru KS in the past year. Best of luck --

Thank you! I saw my first stats...page views not impressive and almost worse than a two star review :)

Offline Steven L. Hawk

• Boise, ID
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3820 on: February 18, 2016, 09:44:30 pm »
    And now, the waiting game begins.  Thanks everyone, for your support.  Regardless of whether Son of Justice is selected or not, this has been an interesting experience.  Everyone's help and support has been great.  For those still under campaign, good luck.  I'll continue scouting for you!

I started my next book this past weekend.  It's more paranormal than scifi, which is a bit different for me, but I'm enjoying the writing and am liking what's hitting the page, so far, at 8K words in. 

Offline LeonardDHilleyII

• View Profile
    « Reply #3821 on: February 19, 2016, 12:48:17 am »
    And now, the waiting game begins.  Thanks everyone, for your support.  Regardless of whether Son of Justice is selected or not, this has been an interesting experience.  Everyone's help and support has been great.  For those still under campaign, good luck.  I'll continue scouting for you!

I started my next book this past weekend.  It's more paranormal than scifi, which is a bit different for me, but I'm enjoying the writing and am liking what's hitting the page, so far, at 8K words in. 

Fingers crossed! Hope you get great news soon!

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
      • View Profile
      • MY WEBSITE
    « Reply #3822 on: February 19, 2016, 04:17:09 am »
    Thank God it is Friday.

I am back on the HOT & TRENDING list thanks to some rhino-style tactics and the help of you good folks here at kboards.

This morning I have got thirteen days left and have accumulated a total of 256 hours on the HOT & TRENDING list as well as a total of 1000 views.

I don't know about you - but there is something uber-cool and geekishly wonderful about cracking that 1K viewpoint. It probably doesn't mean diddly-squat - but there is still this ten year old inside of me who is jumping up and down shaking a pair of pom-poms to the tune of WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Let's get to the list, shall we?

Remember - these are ALL of the kboards Kindle Scout thread members (says so on their job description) and the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

6 days left The Digital Graffiti by Rose Carter
    7 days left The Sleepwalkers by B.B. Griffith
    13 days left Kelpie Dreams by Steve Vernon
    13 days left Love Rocks by LB Clark
    13 days left Out of Darkness by Kenny S. Rich
    14 days left Forrest Wollinsky: Vampire Hunter
    20 days left Bulletproof Hearts by Brianna Cane
    21 days left Forest of Demons by Debbie Cassidy
    27 days left Fire Girl by Andy Mulberry

I've got to go and work-out my next cheer leading routine.

Raw, raw - put some clothes on, dang it!

Offline Paul Kohler

• View Profile
    « Reply #3823 on: February 19, 2016, 05:58:05 am »
    Good luck, Steven! I had you nominated.

To fill that vacant spot, Kelpie Dreams is on deck!

Offline Jack Wallen

• Louisville
    • Jack Wallen
      • View Profile
      • Get Jack'd
    « Reply #3824 on: February 19, 2016, 06:35:45 am »
    Thank God it is Friday.

I am back on the HOT & TRENDING list thanks to some rhino-style tactics and the help of you good folks here at kboards.

This morning I have got thirteen days left and have accumulated a total of 256 hours on the HOT & TRENDING list as well as a total of 1000 views.

I don't know about you - but there is something uber-cool and geekishly wonderful about cracking that 1K viewpoint. It probably doesn't mean diddly-squat - but there is still this ten year old inside of me who is jumping up and down shaking a pair of pom-poms to the tune of WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Let's get to the list, shall we?

Remember - these are ALL of the kboards Kindle Scout thread members (says so on their job description) and the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

6 days left The Digital Graffiti by Rose Carter
    7 days left The Sleepwalkers by B.B. Griffith
    13 days left Kelpie Dreams by Steve Vernon
    13 days left Love Rocks by LB Clark
    13 days left Out of Darkness by Kenny S. Rich
    14 days left Forrest Wollinsky: Vampire Hunter
    20 days left Bulletproof Hearts by Brianna Cane
    21 days left Forest of Demons by Debbie Cassidy
    27 days left Fire Girl by Andy Mulberry

I've got to go and work-out my next cheer leading routine.

Raw, raw - put some clothes on, dang it!

Nominated you Steve! You had me at "Godzilla". ;-)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement