Author Topic: Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)  (Read 2316405 times)  

Offline P. Walter Gagnon

• https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/3MSQQAE4NP0QV
    • View Profile
Re: Kindle Scout experiences, anyone?
« Reply #4100 on: March 12, 2016, 03:18:49 am »
Congrats  Steve!!!!  Just for all the help you've given the rest of us you deserve it but you are an excellent writer too so you deserve it twice over!   

Last day for me....  fingers crossed,.... and toes, .....and nose hairs.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline JR.

• View Profile
      • jrarmstrong.co
    « Reply #4101 on: March 12, 2016, 03:23:16 am »
    Congratulations! Your Kindle Scout nomination Kelpie Dreams has been selected for publication by Kindle Press.

Congrats, Steve, though I'm sure no one was surprised to receive this email :)

Offline lbclark75

• View Profile
    « Reply #4102 on: March 12, 2016, 04:49:18 am »
    I'm spending tonight just kicking back with my wife - watching VIKINGS and SONS OF ANARCHY and eating maple cupcakes - every now and then stopping to grin out loud.

Dang, this sure feels good.
    :)

Congrats, Steve! Looking forward to seeing where Amazon Press takes you and to reading Kelpie Dreams. :)

Offline Cassidy

• England, United Kingdom
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4103 on: March 12, 2016, 05:04:09 am »
     ;D Congrats Steve! So happy for you. I've been checking in every day to see if you got in and just saw the messages. You must be ecstatic. I'm in the waiting room now and I've promised myself not to keep refreshing my email every fifteen minutes. I've learned a lot from this thread and met a some great authors, and regardless of the outcome I hope to stick around and help other through their campaigns best I can. It's been a long 30 days but I think the next few days will seem even longer.
    Wish me luck! :)
    Check out Forest of Demons on Kindle Scout :D https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/XCA3VZMEAL5P

Offline thesios

• View Profile
    « Reply #4104 on: March 12, 2016, 06:37:05 am »
    congrats steve

I am HOOOTTTTTT

all of one hour :)

Offline wezelrox

• View Profile
    « Reply #4105 on: March 12, 2016, 06:54:16 am »
    CONGRATULATIONS STEVE!  You're the first person I ever voted for in Kindle Scout and it's only because I found out about it on this topic.  Wonderful news for you and hoping the same for more of us here!

American Terrorist - Wesley Robert Lowe

Offline Jack Wallen

• Louisville
    • Jack Wallen
      • View Profile
      • Get Jack'd
    « Reply #4106 on: March 12, 2016, 07:50:04 am »
    Here's my Kindle Scout Day 4 update (with numbers and fun)

http://monkeypantz.net/kindle-scout-update-day-4/

Offline Michael Barbato-Dunn

• View Profile
      • Author Website
    « Reply #4107 on: March 12, 2016, 08:10:08 am »
    Congrats, Steve.  If anyone here deserves it, its you.

If anyone wants an example of a synopsis that should sell books, read Steve's for Kelpie Dreams.  Its a gem.

LAST DAY LEFT The Devil's Soul by P. Walter Gagnon
    1 day left Modern Surprises by Joan Marie Verba
    5 days left Fire Girl by Andy Mulberry

Nominated!

Offline blancheking

• View Profile
    « Reply #4108 on: March 12, 2016, 09:05:14 am »
    Good job Steve! :D :D You did it!

Offline EC Sheedy

• BC, Canada
    • "Words are Deeds." Wittgenstein
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4109 on: March 12, 2016, 09:16:56 am »
    W-A-A-A-A-H-O-O-O!!!

Time to celebrate with some take-out schwarma and a tray full of maple cupcakes.

I am a happy man!!!

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Congrats, Steve. I've been away, but I noticed the announcement in my email this morning!!

Write on...  :D :D :D

Offline AliceS

• View Profile
    « Reply #4110 on: March 12, 2016, 10:10:56 am »
    Congrats Steve! I've been watching this forum for awhile and I appreciate all the time and effort you put in to keep everyone up to date. I am much more informed about the process thanks to you!

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
    • Kindle Scout Kahuna (2015-2018)
      • View Profile
      • MY WEBSITE
    « Reply #4111 on: March 12, 2016, 12:47:04 pm »
    First step after being accepted is going through the manuscript one last time to make sure everything is just fine and ducky.

I'm about twenty-five percent of the way through the manuscript. I intend to make my final submission sometime tomorrow and get the next step in motion.

Soonest in, soonest done.

Offline Norman Prentiss

• View Profile
      • Norman Prentiss
    « Reply #4112 on: March 12, 2016, 01:18:08 pm »
    W-A-A-A-A-H-O-O-O!!!

Time to celebrate with some take-out schwarma and a tray full of maple cupcakes.

I am a happy man!!!

Congratulations, Steve, and thanks for pointing me over here!!  I think I need a LOT of perspective as I stumble/shamble through this process, and looks like I'll get that here!

--Norman

Bram Stoker Award Winner for INVISIBLE FENCES and "In the Porches of My Ears"
    Norman Prentiss | Author Website | Facebook

Offline CarmenShea

• writer; in wanderlust
      • View Profile
      • Carmen-Shea
    « Reply #4113 on: March 12, 2016, 02:06:48 pm »
    So my novel launches tomorrow (OMG) and amazon have been super lovely and CLOSED MY KDP ACCOUNT!  :o

I'd somehow managed to sign up for two accounts under the same email address and instead of asking me about it they just went ahead and closed the one with access to KDP which means that even though my novel is still live on amazon and will still be launched- I literally cannot do anything about it. I can't do any final edits (thank god I'd already uploaded my final manuscript!) and I can't do any price promos or countdown deals or anything. I'm kind of freaking out. I've been fighting with them for the past week to give me access but I feel like we're just going around in circles.

I just needed to tell someone because, as I said, I'm freaking out. Not something I needed right before my first launch :(

Carmen-Shea Hepburn  | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads |

Offline Andy Mulberry

• It never rains in California.
      • View Profile
      • Andy Mulberry
    « Reply #4114 on: March 12, 2016, 03:05:57 pm »
    W-A-A-A-A-H-O-O-O!!!

I am a happy man!!!

Congrats, Steve! I'm looking forward to reading it (for free!) :)

Offline Jack Wallen

• Louisville
    • Jack Wallen
      • View Profile
      • Get Jack'd
    « Reply #4115 on: March 12, 2016, 04:18:37 pm »
    A nomination of mine freed up and it landed on The Creation: Let There Be Death by The Behrg. \m/

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
      • View Profile
      • MY WEBSITE
    « Reply #4116 on: March 12, 2016, 06:23:48 pm »
    Congratulations, Steve, and thanks for pointing me over here!!  I think I need a LOT of perspective as I stumble/shamble through this process, and looks like I'll get that here!

--Norman

Welcome aboard, Norman. This is definitely the place to pick up info on publishing in Kindle in general and Kindle Scout in specific.

Offline Cindy Rinaman Marsch

• Slippery Rock, PA, USA
    • Happy Debut Novelist
      • View Profile
      • Rosette: A Novel of Pioneer Michigan
    « Reply #4117 on: March 12, 2016, 08:14:42 pm »
    So my novel launches tomorrow (OMG) and amazon have been super lovely and CLOSED MY KDP ACCOUNT!  :o

I'd somehow managed to sign up for two accounts under the same email address and instead of asking me about it they just went ahead and closed the one with access to KDP which means that even though my novel is still live on amazon and will still be launched- I literally cannot do anything about it. I can't do any final edits (thank god I'd already uploaded my final manuscript!) and I can't do any price promos or countdown deals or anything. I'm kind of freaking out. I've been fighting with them for the past week to give me access but I feel like we're just going around in circles.

I just needed to tell someone because, as I said, I'm freaking out. Not something I needed right before my first launch :(

I'm feeling your pain, Carmen! So very frustrating. I hope you get it worked out soon.

ROSETTE: A NOVEL OF PIONEER MICHIGAN and "Blizzard: A Story of Dakota Territory"
    Cindy Rinaman Marsch | ROSETTE website for both books | Moraine's Edge Books for author services | KBoards Yellow Pages Entry

Offline CarmenShea

• writer; in wanderlust
      • View Profile
      • Carmen-Shea
    « Reply #4118 on: March 12, 2016, 11:43:41 pm »
    I'm feeling your pain, Carmen! So very frustrating. I hope you get it worked out soon.

Thanks, Cindy! Looks like it's unlikely to be sorted before it launches, which I mean isn't a huge deal as they have the final copy, but I feel like they've just left me floundering and I'd have liked to have the option to re-upload or tweak a few things before it officially launched :/

How's your novel going btw? Did you get any more interest once your print edition launched? :)

Carmen-Shea Hepburn  | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads |

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
      • View Profile
      • MY WEBSITE
    « Reply #4119 on: March 13, 2016, 03:48:30 am »
    I hope everyone remembered to set their clocks ahead last night.

I woke up about 2 am - or was it 3 am - thinking about the revisions and bolt-tightening I'm doing today. I did one good simple fix to really help nail down the last chapter. Right now I'm about half way through this last minute revision and I intend to have it completed by this afternoon. I've got the whole day off.

Good luck to P Walter Gagnon with his book THE DEVIL'S SOUL who has joined those folks swinging in the gentle breeze. May the gods of Kindle Scout look favorably upon your offering.

And welcome to new kboarder Norman Prentiss. I believe I shared the pages of a SHIVERS volume with you and I certainly remember you from Cemetery Dance. :) That queer supernatural road trip book of yours certainly looks wicked cool intriguing.

Let's get to the list, shall we.

Remember - the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

LAST DAY LEFT Modern Surprises by Joan Marie Verba
    4 days left Fire Girl by Andy Mulberry
    6 days left The Second Sphere by Peter S. Banks
    7 days left Summer Love, Winter Tears by Carol Collins
    7 days left The Creation: Let There Be Death by The Behrg
    7 days left The Risk it Takes to Blossom by Tani Hanes
    15 days left God of Chains by JR Armstrong
    15 days left American Terrorist by Wesley Robert Lowe
    18 days left Kells Hitchin' by Maddison L. Beckley
    21 days left The Sublime Freedom by A.D. Davies
    25 days left Suicide Station by Jack Wallen
    25 days left Just One Kiss by Amelia Whitmore
    25 days left Odd Adventures With Your Other Father

If I have missed anyone please let me know.

Happy scouting to you!

Offline Jack Wallen

• Louisville
    • Jack Wallen
      • View Profile
      • Get Jack'd
    « Reply #4120 on: March 13, 2016, 05:46:19 am »
    Nominated Fire Girl by Andy Mulberry. Wonderful sample and a great message for young adult readers.

Offline LeonardDHilleyII

• Author of Sci-fi Thrillers/Fantasy/Urban Fantasy
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4121 on: March 13, 2016, 07:40:24 am »
    Congrats, Steve!

Offline P. Walter Gagnon

• https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/3MSQQAE4NP0QV
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4122 on: March 13, 2016, 08:42:56 am »
    I hope everyone remembered to set their clocks ahead last night.

I woke up about 2 am - or was it 3 am - thinking about the revisions and bolt-tightening I'm doing today. I did one good simple fix to really help nail down the last chapter. Right now I'm about half way through this last minute revision and I intend to have it completed by this afternoon. I've got the whole day off.

Good luck to P Walter Gagnon with his book THE DEVIL'S SOUL who has joined those folks swinging in the gentle breeze. May the gods of Kindle Scout look favorably upon your offering.

And welcome to new kboarder Norman Prentiss. I believe I shared the pages of a SHIVERS volume with you and I certainly remember you from Cemetery Dance. :) That queer supernatural road trip book of yours certainly looks wicked cool intriguing.

Let's get to the list, shall we.

Remember - the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

LAST DAY LEFT Modern Surprises by Joan Marie Verba
    4 days left Fire Girl by Andy Mulberry
    6 days left The Second Sphere by Peter S. Banks
    7 days left Summer Love, Winter Tears by Carol Collins
    7 days left The Creation: Let There Be Death by The Behrg
    7 days left The Risk it Takes to Blossom by Tani Hanes
    15 days left God of Chains by JR Armstrong
    15 days left American Terrorist by Wesley Robert Lowe
    18 days left Kells Hitchin' by Maddison L. Beckley
    21 days left The Sublime Freedom by A.D. Davies
    25 days left Suicide Station by Jack Wallen
    25 days left Just One Kiss by Amelia Whitmore
    25 days left Odd Adventures With Your Other Father

If I have missed anyone please let me know.

Happy scouting to you!

Thank you kind sir.  I haven't nearly the talent or abilities of any of you but I am tenacious and I do know how to market so I did okay with at least 213 hours in the H & T and 5.7K views.  I say at least because they haven't posted my last day yet.  I wonder, have any of you had that problem?  I will admit I checked the H & T every half hour so I have at least 20 additional hours there but I would love to know for sure.

Offline Norman Prentiss

• View Profile
      • Norman Prentiss
    « Reply #4123 on: March 13, 2016, 09:15:19 am »

Thanks for the welcome, Steve (and the Shivers V and Cemetery Dance memories!). I'm pretty overwhelmed with this process--especially social media, which I've mostly neglected for too long--but I'm fighting through it.  The one bright spot is that my Facebook presence is decent, and most of my Scout traffic is coming from there.

Bram Stoker Award Winner for INVISIBLE FENCES and "In the Porches of My Ears"
    Norman Prentiss | Author Website | Facebook

Offline Cindy Rinaman Marsch

• Slippery Rock, PA, USA
    • Happy Debut Novelist
      • View Profile
      • Rosette: A Novel of Pioneer Michigan
    « Reply #4124 on: March 13, 2016, 09:27:17 am »

How's your novel going btw? Did you get any more interest once your print edition launched? :)

Thanks for asking, Carmen. I had a nice bump with the launch of the paperback, and now I'm awaiting opportunity for a Countdown Deal for the Kindle version, coordinated with a Ebooks Cafe promo scheduled for April 8. If I can get two more reviews I'll be eligible for The Fussy Librarian, and I'd love to get that up during the Countdown. Because mine is a "slow book," I'm working on the idea of a slow (but long) sales life for it, so I'm submitting it for review with respected venues and people, and we'll see how it goes! :-)  I'm also starting the next novel in April--already outlining and doing background research. It's about Rosette's brother Solomon, who was a bugler in the Civil War and imprisoned at Andersonville. But that wasn't his REAL trial in life! :-)

ROSETTE: A NOVEL OF PIONEER MICHIGAN and "Blizzard: A Story of Dakota Territory"
    Cindy Rinaman Marsch | ROSETTE website for both books | Moraine's Edge Books for author services | KBoards Yellow Pages Entry

KBoards.com

• Advertisement