Author Topic: Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)  (Read 2316328 times)  

Offline BBGriffith

• Denver, CO
  • Purveyor of Fine Escapism
    • View Profile
    • Griffith Publishing
Re: Kindle Scout experiences, anyone?
« Reply #4125 on: March 13, 2016, 09:34:35 am »
Congrats Steve. I fist pumped when I saw your book on the published page. And I love how you're right back on top of the nomination list in this thread as well helping others out. Way to go!
  | | |

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Jack Wallen

• Louisville
    • Jack Wallen
      • View Profile
      • Get Jack'd
    « Reply #4126 on: March 13, 2016, 01:04:37 pm »
    Uh oh, the madness has set in!

Question for all. So yesterday I checked my stats and it said 64 hours in H&T and 874 page views with 26 days left. Those stats were generated on March 12, 2016 at   5:12 AM. Today's stats reflect the same figures, only 25 days remaining and it says the stats were generated at the same time/date as yesterday. So do they not generate new stats on Sunday, or have they just not generated the stats for today?

Thank you so much.

Offline P. Walter Gagnon

• https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/3MSQQAE4NP0QV
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4127 on: March 13, 2016, 03:28:19 pm »

Question for all. So yesterday I checked my stats and it said 64 hours in H&T and 874 page views with 26 days left. Those stats were generated on March 12, 2016 at   5:12 AM. Today's stats reflect the same figures, only 25 days remaining and it says the stats were generated at the same time/date as yesterday. So do they not generate new stats on Sunday, or have they just not generated the stats for today?

Thank you so much.

Mine haven't updated either and it was my last day!   I think they will when they find the glitch and fix it. 

Offline Norman Prentiss

• View Profile
      • Norman Prentiss
    « Reply #4128 on: March 13, 2016, 03:57:43 pm »
    Mine haven't updated either and it was my last day!   I think they will when they find the glitch and fix it.

No updates on my stats, bu the tracking is still apparently going on since, *ugh!* I am no longer hot nor trending...  Have a few strategies to try to work with this, but yeah, it's gonna be a long month!

Bram Stoker Award Winner for INVISIBLE FENCES and "In the Porches of My Ears"
    Norman Prentiss | Author Website | Facebook

Offline petersamuelbanks

• Brasilia, Brazil
      • View Profile
      • The Three Spheres Trilogy
    « Reply #4129 on: March 13, 2016, 04:06:52 pm »

Thank you so much.
    Same thing here.

Offline A. N. Other Author

• Staffordshire, UK
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4130 on: March 13, 2016, 04:09:06 pm »
    Anyone ever made it with zero days on hot and trending? I know people who've made it say it doesn't matter "that much" so I assume it matters a bit?

Offline Jack Wallen

• Louisville
    • Jack Wallen
      • View Profile
      • Get Jack'd
    « Reply #4131 on: March 13, 2016, 04:37:25 pm »
    Kindle Scout Update: Day 5. Saddened with (as of yet) no numbers to share (but there is Pi).

http://monkeypantz.net/kindle-scout-update-day-5/

Offline KGGiarratano

• View Profile
    « Reply #4132 on: March 13, 2016, 06:08:40 pm »
    Amazon is quick to pull the trigger on issues and take down books or accounts before contacting authors. It's an infuriating policy.

Offline LeonardDHilleyII

• Author of Sci-fi Thrillers/Fantasy/Urban Fantasy
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4133 on: March 14, 2016, 12:30:37 am »
    Kindle Scout Update: Day 5. Saddened with (as of yet) no numbers to share (but there is Pi).

http://monkeypantz.net/kindle-scout-update-day-5/
    Are your updates not working either? I sent a message as mine aren't showing.

Offline LeonardDHilleyII

• View Profile
    « Reply #4134 on: March 14, 2016, 12:35:07 am »
    Still awaiting word for Forrest Wollinsky (in review), but I've gone ahead and submitted my next book to KS.

Has 27 days left but shows no updates or views or a button for me to see these. Please check it out.

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/3GSG4HXT6I6D7

The Deimos Virus: Target Earth

Sci-fi

"Vengeance is more blind than love."

"A devastating virus spreads through the Deimos Station killing fifty-six people. Dr. Carter is somehow immune and the sole survivor. Vowing to avenge the lives of his colleagues and his lover, Carter takes two vials of the contagious lethal virus to Earth with the intention to infect and kill Boyd Grayson, the owner of Grayson Enterprises. He holds Grayson responsible for their deaths. His blind vengeance dismisses the fact that there is no cure, placing the entire world population at risk."

Offline Lexi Revellian

• London
      • View Profile
      • Lexi Revellian - my writing and other related matters...
    « Reply #4135 on: March 14, 2016, 12:41:55 am »
    Anyone ever made it with zero days on hot and trending? I know people who've made it say it doesn't matter "that much" so I assume it matters a bit?

I think that's unlikely, because it would reflect the fact that very few people had been attracted by your cover, blurb and sample, and wanted a free copy. Amazon would probably not be attracted by them, either.

Offline Cassidy

• England, United Kingdom
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4136 on: March 14, 2016, 01:08:26 am »
    OMG! I got selected! Got the email this morning! It's school run time and I just spent two minutes dancing around the living room. What now? Gah! When they say tax info does that mean my UK Unique tax reference? I have an EIN for my partnership author stuff but not one for myself, can I use my UK tax reference or do I need to get an EIN for myself and if so how do I go about it? Sorry, kinda flustered. Gonna go caffienate now.
    Check out Forest of Demons on Kindle Scout :D https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/XCA3VZMEAL5P

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
    • Kindle Scout Kahuna (2015-2018)
      • View Profile
      • MY WEBSITE
    « Reply #4137 on: March 14, 2016, 01:32:56 am »
    Big congrats, Debbie Cassidy. You've worked hard and you definitely deserve it.

I haven't taken that financial step yet. The acceptance letter specified that my first step would be either to update your manuscript, cover and book details OR to confirm that your manuscript, cover and book details are okay as they are.

THEN - the Kindle Scout crew will review your material and make sure that everything is ticky-poo AND THEN the financial team will send you an e-mail to let you know what is needed. No need to panic just yet.

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
    • Kindle Scout Kahuna (2015-2018)
      • View Profile
      • MY WEBSITE
    « Reply #4138 on: March 14, 2016, 02:17:42 am »
    All right - so I have sent off my cleaned-up manuscript to Kindle Scout. Now they go over it and just so long as they don't find any nasty bits or possibly a coded manifest dealing with my eventual conquest of the entire known universe they will contact me for an update to my financial details. I don't believe that will be any more complicated than getting myself signed up as a KDP author was, so I am not worried. I'll keep you folks updated upon any new tidbits in the process as I go along.

One thing I did find out is that the process for getting a second book into Kindle Scout has been significantly streamlined. As far as I understand it - once an author has had ONE Kindle Scout submission accepted he can then contact the Kindle Scout crew and submit directly WITHOUT going through the whole thirty day Kindle Scout ritual. That is really big news for me, because I am already beginning to rough out a draft for my second Kelpie novel and I see no reason not to get that second book right out there with Kindle Scout, just as soon as it is written - which might be as long as six months from now.

I know that some folks with more experience in the indie publishing field would rather hang onto the rest of their series novels even though they have got one of them in out under the Kindle Scout banner. That works for them - but me, I have always been an hybrid author so I am quite used to the idea that the promotion of some of my books is completely ruled by the publisher. So the thought of me not having my Kelpie novels on my dashboard and under my control does not bother me at all. To my way of thinking my Kindle Scout books are simply going to grow into another arm of my own peculiar publishing ambitions. The folks who publish my regional books have seven of my books under their control. That's one cash flow into my bank account. Kindle Scout has one book and before the end of the year I hope to sell them another. That'll be another source of cash flow into my bank account. Then there are my nearly fifty independently released e-books and Createspace paperbacks. That is a third source of cash flow.

I like diversity. I don't mind giving up a bit of promotional control to Kindle Scout for the powerful promoting muscles that they offer to me.

Eventually I would like to see a few of my books involved in other Kindle publishing ventures. The way that I see it right now every single hook that I sink into that great Amazonian whale is going to pull my own little publishing boat all that much further out into the deep green ocean.

You know - I probably ought to have a little more coffee before I keep mangling these metaphors as I am doing.

Let's get on with the list, shall we?

Congratulations to DEBBIE CASSIDY whose book FOREST OF DEMONS will be published by Kindle Press.

Good luck also to JOAN MARIE VERBA whose book MODERN SURPRISES is now twisting slowly in the breeze, awaiting the verdict of Kindle Scout.

Remember - the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

3 days left Fire Girl by Andy Mulberry
    5 days left The Second Sphere by Peter S. Banks
    6 days left Summer Love, Winter Tears by Carol Collins
    6 days left The Creation: Let There Be Death by The Behrg
    6 days left The Risk it Takes to Blossom by Tani Hanes
    14 days left God of Chains by JR Armstrong
    14 days left American Terrorist by Wesley Robert Lowe
    17 days left Kells Hitchin' by Maddison L. Beckley
    20 days left The Sublime Freedom by A.D. Davies
    24 days left Suicide Station by Jack Wallen
    24 days left Just One Kiss by Amelia Whitmore
    24 days left Odd Adventures With Your Other Father by Norman Prentiss
    27 days left The Deimos Virus: Target Earth by Leonard D. Hilley II

If I have missed anyone please let me know.

Happy scouting to you!

Offline Cassidy

• View Profile
    « Reply #4139 on: March 14, 2016, 03:09:29 am »
    Thanks Steve, of course the manuscript first, lol. I just need to add a dedication and check the glossary and it's good to go. One step at a time, right? Anyway, I just nominated, Fire Girl and The Second Sphere and filled up my nomination panel. I will be sticking around to help other on the journey and to nominate  :)
    Check out Forest of Demons on Kindle Scout :D https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/XCA3VZMEAL5P

Offline petersamuelbanks

• Brasilia, Brazil
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4140 on: March 14, 2016, 03:19:13 am »
    OMG! I got selected! Got the email this morning! It's school run time and I just spent two minutes dancing around the living room. What now? Gah! When they say tax info does that mean my UK Unique tax reference? I have an EIN for my partnership author stuff but not one for myself, can I use my UK tax reference or do I need to get an EIN for myself and if so how do I go about it? Sorry, kinda flustered. Gonna go caffienate now.

Congratulations!

Offline petersamuelbanks

• Brasilia, Brazil
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4141 on: March 14, 2016, 03:26:00 am »
    Thanks Steve, of course the manuscript first, lol. I just need to add a dedication and check the glossary and it's good to go. One step at a time, right? Anyway, I just nominated, Fire Girl and The Second Sphere and filled up my nomination panel. I will be sticking around to help other on the journey and to nominate  :)

Thanks, Debbie Cassidy! Can't wait to read all of Forest of Demons!
    « Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:50:25 am by petersamuelbanks »

Offline Norman Prentiss

• View Profile
      • Norman Prentiss
    « Reply #4142 on: March 14, 2016, 04:29:24 am »

Congratulations!  :)

Bram Stoker Award Winner for INVISIBLE FENCES and "In the Porches of My Ears"
    Norman Prentiss | Author Website | Facebook

Offline Paul Kohler

• View Profile
    « Reply #4143 on: March 14, 2016, 05:04:13 am »

Congrats!

Offline LeonardDHilleyII

• View Profile
    « Reply #4144 on: March 14, 2016, 05:16:28 am »
    Congrats, Debbie!

Offline Jack Wallen

• Louisville
    • Jack Wallen
      • View Profile
      • Get Jack'd
    « Reply #4145 on: March 14, 2016, 05:36:59 am »
    Are your updates not working either? I sent a message as mine aren't showing.

They finally showed up (as of this morning--Monday).

Offline Jack Wallen

• Louisville
    • Jack Wallen
      • View Profile
      • Get Jack'd
    « Reply #4146 on: March 14, 2016, 05:51:50 am »

Congrats, Debbie!!!! That's wonderful news.

Offline Cindy Rinaman Marsch

• Slippery Rock, PA, USA
    • Happy Debut Novelist
      • View Profile
      • Rosette: A Novel of Pioneer Michigan
    « Reply #4147 on: March 14, 2016, 06:36:53 am »
    Congrats to Debbie! Enjoy the ride! Kim attests to the cool tee shirt!

ROSETTE: A NOVEL OF PIONEER MICHIGAN and "Blizzard: A Story of Dakota Territory"
    Cindy Rinaman Marsch | ROSETTE website for both books | Moraine's Edge Books for author services | KBoards Yellow Pages Entry

Offline editorjmv

• Minnesota
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4148 on: March 14, 2016, 07:00:56 am »
    Congratulations to Debbie!

As Steve mentioned, my campaign for Modern Surprises has ended and I'm awaiting a notification.

In the meantime, I noticed something interesting about my "Hot and Trending" statistics. Check out the graphic. Note that the day that I had over 60 page visits in one day, the novel did NOT have any H&T hours, but when it had H&T hours, the page visits were UNDER 60 for each of those days.

Joan

Joan Marie Verba | website

Offline Cassidy

• View Profile
    « Reply #4149 on: March 14, 2016, 07:42:51 am »
    Congratulations to Debbie!

As Steve mentioned, my campaign for Modern Surprises has ended and I'm awaiting a notification.

In the meantime, I noticed something interesting about my "Hot and Trending" statistics. Check out the graphic. Note that the day that I had over 60 page visits in one day, the novel did NOT have any H&T hours, but when it had H&T hours, the page visits were UNDER 60 for each of those days.

Joan

I hope you don't have to wait too long, hun. Strange about the graph though, I have no idea what determines the hot and trending. I had around 689 hours in hot and trending but my page views varied from over 60 to under 40 each day. I guess only Kindle Scout will have that answer. I decided not to dwell on it too much. You made it through the campaign, now its just a waiting game. Do what I did, don't think about it and the email will pop up in your inbox.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement