Author Topic: Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)  (Read 2316338 times)  

Offline blancheking

• View Profile
Re: Kindle Scout experiences, anyone?
« Reply #3975 on: March 03, 2016, 05:48:32 pm »
Oh yes - I keep saying this over and over. It's a little perverse of me, I guess, given that I fought so hard for all of those big orange H&T bars - but really all I was doing was whatever I could do at the time to aid my effort. The lion's share of whether or not Kindle Scout is going to go for me or not comes down to strictly - do they like what's in my book - and - do they think it will sell.

You need a well-written novel, with a strong salable potential. It really helps to have an already established following and some good sales history.

All the orange bars do is show them that you know how to shake a tambourine and bang a drum. It doesn't hurt - but I really would not recommend depending upon H&T to see you through to an acceptance.

I'm pretty sure that Kelpie Dreams is a good salable product.

I am less confident in my sales history but I am hoping that I have done well enough. Mostly, I have tried my best to be a good ambassador for Kindle Scout.

We'll see where all of this gets come sometime next week or so.
:)

You'll do great. :) You've done so much for KS; hopefully they has people lurking in this forum.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
    • Kindle Scout Kahuna (2015-2018)
      • View Profile
      • MY WEBSITE
    « Reply #3976 on: March 04, 2016, 01:33:54 am »
    Whew. That's three authors - myself, LB Clark and Kenny Rich - who are swinging in the breeze awaiting the final judgement from the Gods of Kindle Scout. I have already sacrificed a small suckling bologna and the seventeen young matchsticks that it took to light the barbecue. I have spoken to the crows and I have cast a prayer into the earless wind.

Now we must wait.

While I wait let's get to the list.

Remember - the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

2 days left Forrest Wollinsky: Vampire Hunter by Leonard D. Hilley II
    6 days left Bulletproof Hearts by Brianna Cane
    7 days left Forest of Demons by Debbie Cassidy
    8 days left The Devil's Soul by P. Walter Gagnon
    9 days left Modern Surprises by Joan Marie Verba
    13 days left Fire Girl by Andy Mulberry
    15 days left The Second Sphere by Peter S. Banks
    16 days left Summer Love, Winter Tears by Carol Collins
    16 days left The Creation: Let There Be Death by The Behrg
    16 days left The Risk it Takes to Blossom by Tani Hanes
    24 days left God of Chains by JR Armstrong

If I have missed anyone please let me know. The very best way that you can do that is just to post a link on the thread.

Offline Cassidy

• England, United Kingdom
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3977 on: March 04, 2016, 04:11:26 am »
    7 days left, 493 hours in H&T with 2.1k views and I'm so ready for the 30 days to be over. I dropped off the H&T yesterday but a couple of author friends blogged and posted on their fb pages and I was back in the hot seat. I wish I could buy a round of beverages for everyone who has supported me these past few weeks, but I suspect I'd be emptying out my back account if I had to opportunity to do that, so I'll settle for saying a huge thanks you once this is over.
    Tip for those just starting out. I think I got the most engagement (and nominations) from readers clicking and commenting on a fb post I boosted. You can boost at 1 a day and that has worked really well for me. I just set up a post with a nice image, link and a bit about kindle scout - the help a girl out thing, then added the call to action line and I've had tons of engagement from that one boosted post. Make sure you set your targeting though, don't just boost to fb friends, boost to people who will like your genre and pick a popular series in that genre and target it's readers.
    Good luck to all those that are waiting to hear back. I have my toes crossed for you as I'm using my fingers to type.  ;D
    Check out Forest of Demons on Kindle Scout :D https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/XCA3VZMEAL5P

Offline petersamuelbanks

• Brasilia, Brazil
      • View Profile
      • The Three Spheres Trilogy
    « Reply #3978 on: March 04, 2016, 04:40:05 am »
    Whew. That's three authors - myself, LB Clark and Kenny Rich - who are swinging in the breeze awaiting the final judgement from the Gods of Kindle Scout. I have already sacrificed a small suckling bologna and the seventeen young matchsticks that it took to light the barbecue. I have spoken to the crows and I have cast a prayer into the earless wind.

Now we must wait.

While I wait let's get to the list.

Remember - the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

2 days left Forrest Wollinsky: Vampire Hunter by Leonard D. Hilley II
    6 days left Bulletproof Hearts by Brianna Cane
    7 days left Forest of Demons by Debbie Cassidy
    8 days left The Devil's Soul by P. Walter Gagnon
    9 days left Modern Surprises by Joan Marie Verba
    13 days left Fire Girl by Andy Mulberry
    15 days left The Second Sphere by Peter S. Banks
    16 days left Summer Love, Winter Tears by Carol Collins
    16 days left The Creation: Let There Be Death by The Behrg
    16 days left The Risk it Takes to Blossom by Tani Hanes
    24 days left God of Chains by JR Armstrong

If I have missed anyone please let me know. The very best way that you can do that is just to post a link on the thread.

Congratulations to everyone who's done! Wishing you the best.

Offline Donna White Glaser

• The final mystery is oneself. -Oscar Wilde
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3979 on: March 04, 2016, 07:22:31 am »
    If anyone is interested in a pretty lively Q&A about my Kindle Scout experiences you can watch the interview on the Self Publishing Roundtable here: https://youtu.be/f0J3oHlZJJ8 It was tons of fun and I'm grateful to Erica, Xavier and Wade for making me sound a lot smarter than I really am.  :-*

Offline editorjmv

• Minnesota
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3980 on: March 04, 2016, 07:25:07 am »
    I listened to the publishing round table last night where Donna White Glaser talked about her experience with Kindle Scout and found it greatly informative. Thanks, Donna.

Modern Surprises has 9 days to go and still only 290 views despite my posting it anywhere and everywhere I can. My social media reach could be over 100,000 by now, but there's little in the way of response. I haven't even had one hour in the hot and trending category. According to the analytics, however, those in this group are nominating Modern Surprises, and for that, I thank you wholeheartedly.

Joan

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 01:25:15 pm by editorjmv »

Joan Marie Verba | website

Offline Donna White Glaser

• The final mystery is oneself. -Oscar Wilde
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3981 on: March 04, 2016, 07:28:09 am »
    I listed to the publishing round table last night where Donna White Glaser talked about her experience with Kindle Scout and found it greatly informative. Thanks, Donna.

Modern Surprises has 9 days to go and still only 290 views despite my posting it anywhere and everywhere I can. My social media reach could be over 100,000 by now, but there's little in the way of response. I haven't even had one hour in the hot and trending category. According to the analytics, however, those in this group are nominating Modern Surprises, and for that, I thank you wholeheartedly.

Joan

[img=http://modernsurprisesllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/modern-surprises-cover-mini.jpg]http://modernsurprisesllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/modern-surprises-cover-mini.jpg[/img]

Thanks, Joan! I hope it was. You know, it's easy to stress out over the H&T list but I've seen books that were on it nearly the whole time not get picked up and I've seen the reverse. There's more than the H&T to KP's decision. Good luck!

Offline Armand Rosamilia

• Jacksonville Florida
      • View Profile
      • Armand Rosamilia
    « Reply #3982 on: March 04, 2016, 07:43:21 am »
    I interviewed Kindle Scout contract winner James P. Sumner on my podcast this week. I've interviewed several and have a couple more coming up in the coming weeks, too. Lots of good information and insight into their walk through the program.

http://www.projectiradio.com/arm-cast-podcast-episode-92-sumner-and-bernstein/

Armand
    Author. Horror. Heavy Metal. Zombies. M&M's.

Arm Cast Podcast: http://www.projectiradio.com/shows/arm-cast-podcast/

Offline Jack Wallen

• Louisville
    • Jack Wallen
      • View Profile
      • Get Jack'd
    « Reply #3983 on: March 04, 2016, 11:10:49 am »
    I interviewed Kindle Scout contract winner James P. Sumner on my podcast this week. I've interviewed several and have a couple more coming up in the coming weeks, too. Lots of good information and insight into their walk through the program.

http://www.projectiradio.com/arm-cast-podcast-episode-92-sumner-and-bernstein/

Always helpful, Armand! Thanks for sharing.

Armand
    « Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:49:40 am by Jack Wallen »

Offline batmansero

• View Profile
    « Reply #3984 on: March 04, 2016, 01:04:56 pm »
    If anyone is interested in a pretty lively Q&A about my Kindle Scout experiences you can watch the interview on the Self Publishing Roundtable here: https://youtu.be/f0J3oHlZJJ8 It was tons of fun and I'm grateful to Erica, Xavier and Wade for making me sound a lot smarter than I really am.  :-*

Thanks again for being on the podcast Donna. You answered all of our questions and gave everyone something to think about when considering Kindle Scout and being published by Kindle Press.

PS: We didn't make you sound smarter, you're naturally smart :)

For the audio of the interview and more info, go here: http://selfpublishingroundtable.com/sprt-133-a-successful-kindle-scout-campaign-and-what-happens-next-with-donna-white-glaser/

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
      • View Profile
      • MY WEBSITE
    « Reply #3985 on: March 04, 2016, 01:27:27 pm »
    I just got home from a long day at work and I'm getting set for supper and an evening of Breaking Bad - but I'll make sure I post that link on tomorrow's blog entry.

Offline lbclark75

• View Profile
    « Reply #3986 on: March 04, 2016, 09:17:52 pm »

Now we must wait.

Aw, man. Your sacrifice is better than mine. I think the KS Gods will like a suckling bologna better than a handful of wilted spinach and a couple of squishy zucchini. I never did get the hang of that whole "sacrifice" thing.

Hopeful our offerings will be enough.

Offline BBGriffith

• Denver, CO
    • Purveyor of Fine Escapism
      • View Profile
      • Griffith Publishing
    « Reply #3987 on: March 04, 2016, 09:27:31 pm »
    I made the cut after all! Just heard the news. Currently drinking a lot of scotch.
      | | |

Offline CarmenShea

• writer; in wanderlust
      • View Profile
      • Carmen-Shea
    « Reply #3988 on: March 04, 2016, 09:31:26 pm »
    7 days left, 493 hours in H&T with 2.1k views and I'm so ready for the 30 days to be over. I dropped off the H&T yesterday but a couple of author friends blogged and posted on their fb pages and I was back in the hot seat. I wish I could buy a round of beverages for everyone who has supported me these past few weeks, but I suspect I'd be emptying out my back account if I had to opportunity to do that, so I'll settle for saying a huge thanks you once this is over.
    Tip for those just starting out. I think I got the most engagement (and nominations) from readers clicking and commenting on a fb post I boosted. You can boost at 1 a day and that has worked really well for me. I just set up a post with a nice image, link and a bit about kindle scout - the help a girl out thing, then added the call to action line and I've had tons of engagement from that one boosted post. Make sure you set your targeting though, don't just boost to fb friends, boost to people who will like your genre and pick a popular series in that genre and target it's readers.
    Good luck to all those that are waiting to hear back. I have my toes crossed for you as I'm using my fingers to type.  ;D
    Got your nominated, lovely! and everything crossed for you too X) I really want to read yours.
    I read the Ramayana series of books years ago and loved the richness of the world and the mythology involved, and I feel like your story could be just as epic based on what I've read so far :)

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Carmen-Shea Hepburn  | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads |

Offline Bbates024

• View Profile
    « Reply #3989 on: March 04, 2016, 10:09:58 pm »
    I made the cut after all! Just heard the news. Currently drinking a lot of scotch.

Grats! that is so awesome! Good luck with your launch.

Offline Lexi Revellian

• London
      • View Profile
      • Lexi Revellian - my writing and other related matters...
    « Reply #3990 on: March 04, 2016, 11:27:55 pm »

Thought you would, BB. Yours will be my fourth free book. Congratulations!

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
      • View Profile
      • MY WEBSITE
    « Reply #3991 on: March 05, 2016, 01:24:51 am »
    Congrats to B.B. Griffith for the acceptance of your book, THE SLEEPWALKERS. Well done!

I'm just sitting here listening to Donna White Glaser's interview. Great stuff, Donna. Very informative.

Now let's get to the list.

Updated List

1 day left Forrest Wollinsky: Vampire Hunter by Leonard D. Hilley II
    5 days left Bulletproof Hearts by Brianna Cane
    6 days left Forest of Demons by Debbie Cassidy
    7 days left The Devil's Soul by P. Walter Gagnon
    8 days left Modern Surprises by Joan Marie Verba
    12 days left Fire Girl by Andy Mulberry
    14 days left The Second Sphere by Peter S. Banks
    15 days left Summer Love, Winter Tears by Carol Collins
    15 days left The Creation: Let There Be Death by The Behrg
    15 days left The Risk it Takes to Blossom by Tani Hanes
    23 days left God of Chains by JR Armstrong

If I have missed anyone please let me know. The very best way that you can do that is just to post a link on the thread, join into the conversation and maybe even buy me a beer.

Happy scouting.

Offline Cassidy

• England, United Kingdom
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3992 on: March 05, 2016, 02:31:49 am »
    Got your nominated, lovely! and everything crossed for you too X) I really want to read yours.
    I read the Ramayana series of books years ago and loved the richness of the world and the mythology involved, and I feel like your story could be just as epic based on what I've read so far :)

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much, hun.
    Check out Forest of Demons on Kindle Scout :D https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/XCA3VZMEAL5P

Offline petersamuelbanks

• Brasilia, Brazil
      • View Profile
      • The Three Spheres Trilogy
    « Reply #3993 on: March 05, 2016, 03:20:32 am »
    Congratulations!

Offline JR.

• View Profile
      • jrarmstrong.co
    « Reply #3994 on: March 05, 2016, 03:42:33 am »
    Congratulations! Your Kindle Scout nomination The Sleepwalkers has been selected for publication by Kindle Press.

Congrats, BB.

I have more books through Scout than I can keep up with. I wonder why the general public don't flock there. I guess if people aren't already telling them a book is worth reading they just won't be able to figure it out otherwise. Marketing > all :(

Offline LeonardDHilleyII

• Author of Sci-fi Thrillers/Fantasy/Urban Fantasy
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3995 on: March 05, 2016, 04:10:31 am »

Congrats! Yes, I received the email. So proud for you!

Offline lbclark75

• View Profile
    « Reply #3996 on: March 05, 2016, 04:18:55 am »

Just got the email notification on Sleepwalkers. While I did have a brief "this is not the Kindle Scout email you are looking for" moment, I'm very happy for you and I'm really looking forward to reading the book and seeing where Scout takes you.  :)

Offline Cindy Rinaman Marsch

• Slippery Rock, PA, USA
    • Happy Debut Novelist
      • View Profile
      • Rosette: A Novel of Pioneer Michigan
    « Reply #3997 on: March 05, 2016, 06:34:17 am »
    Congratulations, BB! That cover is going to sell your book, for sure!

ROSETTE: A NOVEL OF PIONEER MICHIGAN and "Blizzard: A Story of Dakota Territory"
    Cindy Rinaman Marsch | ROSETTE website for both books | Moraine's Edge Books for author services | KBoards Yellow Pages Entry

Offline Jack Wallen

• Louisville
    • Jack Wallen
      • View Profile
      • Get Jack'd
    « Reply #3998 on: March 05, 2016, 07:05:51 am »
    Congrats, BB! I got word yesterday. Woot woot! \m/

Offline Jack Wallen

• Louisville
    • Jack Wallen
      • View Profile
      • Get Jack'd
    « Reply #3999 on: March 05, 2016, 07:12:56 am »
    Holy carp, or crap...whatever...I just submitted!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement