Kindle Forum banner

Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)

2M views 26K replies 700 participants last post by  ShayneRutherford 
G
#1 ·
Hi. I thought I posted this question last night, but I don't see it in any of the threads, so I thought I would try again. I recently learned about Kindle Scout, and I would just like to hear about other authors' experiences. All opinions and stories welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

#4,021 ·
It is COLD out there this morning but I am sitting here and sipping a cup of hot black tea and trying to think warm thoughts.

This year our household is on a DEEP budget, so we tend to keep the thermostat turned down low and we have stepped our cable/telephone/internet package down one notch with our local service provider. Unfortunately, that means that the time it takes to enter ANYTHING on my computer is just that much too slow for my blood pressure.
:)

I am talking g-l-a-c-i-a-l slow.

And cold.

Now let's get to the list.

Remember - the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

LAST DAY LEFT Forrest Wollinsky: Vampire Hunter by Leonard D. Hilley II
4 days left Bulletproof Hearts by Brianna Cane
5 days left Forest of Demons by Debbie Cassidy
6 days left The Devil's Soul by P. Walter Gagnon
7 days left Modern Surprises by Joan Marie Verba
11 days left Fire Girl by Andy Mulberry
13 days left The Second Sphere by Peter S. Banks
14 days left Summer Love, Winter Tears by Carol Collins
14 days left The Creation: Let There Be Death by The Behrg
14 days left The Risk it Takes to Blossom by Tani Hanes
22 days left God of Chains by JR Armstrong
28 days left The Sublime Freedom by A.D. Davies

If I have missed anyone please let me know. The very best way that you can do that is just to post a link on the thread, join into the conversation and maybe even buy me a beer.

Happy scouting.

#4,023 ·
Okay - so a couple of folks asked how I did in the final orange bar side of things - so I figured that I would post it here.

That's awfully hard to read but it is 572 hours on Hot & Trending and a grand total of 1700 views.

That sounds impressive - but it will take a whole lot more than big orange numbers to impress the Gods of Kindle Scout.

I figure I should hear from them by sometime this coming week or definitely by next week. I won't pretend that I am not hanging upon tenterhooks...

#4,027 ·
Steve Vernon said:
Okay - so a couple of folks asked how I did in the final orange bar side of things - so I figured that I would post it here.

That's awfully hard to read but it is 572 hours on Hot & Trending and a grand total of 1700 views.

That sounds impressive - but it will take a whole lot more than big orange numbers to impress the Gods of Kindle Scout.

I figure I should hear from them by sometime this coming week or definitely by next week. I won't pretend that I am not hanging upon tenterhooks...
Congrats! That's wonderful to see.

#4,029 ·
Steve Vernon said:

GOOD LUCK!

#4,031 ·
Steve Vernon said:

Hey Steve! I've been following your newsletter and finally decided to jump on kboards to see what all the fuss is about. Still getting my bearings, but so far I like it. Curious to hear your Kindle Scout results. I'm thinking of doing that with a book I've written, but it needs a little editing first. Thanks for sharing!

#4,034 ·
AngelLeya said:
Hey Steve! I've been following your newsletter and finally decided to jump on kboards to see what all the fuss is about. Still getting my bearings, but so far I like it. Curious to hear your Kindle Scout results. I'm thinking of doing that with a book I've written, but it needs a little editing first. Thanks for sharing!
Welcome aboard, Angel. The kboards forum is the single greatest spot for figuring out how this business works. You're going to meet a lot of cool, smart folks here - folks who sell a heck of a lot more e-books than I can do. Ask questions, poke around, have fun and learn.

#4,035 ·
I want to hide from Mondays, dang it.

I'm heading back to work this morning. I had a great weekend but here we go again.

Now let's get to the list.

Remember - the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

3 days left Bulletproof Hearts by Brianna Cane
4 days left Forest of Demons by Debbie Cassidy
5 days left The Devil's Soul by P. Walter Gagnon
6 days left Modern Surprises by Joan Marie Verba
10 days left Fire Girl by Andy Mulberry
12 days left The Second Sphere by Peter S. Banks
13 days left Summer Love, Winter Tears by Carol Collins
13 days left The Creation: Let There Be Death by The Behrg
13 days left The Risk it Takes to Blossom by Tani Hanes
21 days left God of Chains by JR Armstrong
27 days left The Sublime Freedom by A.D. Davies

If I have missed anyone please let me know. The very best way that you can do that is just to post a link on the thread, join into the conversation and make yourself right at home here on kboards.

I've got my fingers crossed for you, Leonard.

Happy scouting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.