Kindle Forum banner

Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)

2M views 26K replies 700 participants last post by  ShayneRutherford 
G
#1 ·
Hi. I thought I posted this question last night, but I don't see it in any of the threads, so I thought I would try again. I recently learned about Kindle Scout, and I would just like to hear about other authors' experiences. All opinions and stories welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

#4,104 ·
;D Congrats Steve! So happy for you. I've been checking in every day to see if you got in and just saw the messages. You must be ecstatic. I'm in the waiting room now and I've promised myself not to keep refreshing my email every fifteen minutes. I've learned a lot from this thread and met a some great authors, and regardless of the outcome I hope to stick around and help other through their campaigns best I can. It's been a long 30 days but I think the next few days will seem even longer.
Wish me luck! :)

#4,108 ·
#4,110 ·
Steve Vernon said:
W-A-A-A-A-H-O-O-O!!!

Time to celebrate with some take-out schwarma and a tray full of maple cupcakes.

I am a happy man!!!

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Congrats, Steve. I've been away, but I noticed the announcement in my email this morning!!

Write on... :D :D :D

#4,112 ·
First step after being accepted is going through the manuscript one last time to make sure everything is just fine and ducky.

I'm about twenty-five percent of the way through the manuscript. I intend to make my final submission sometime tomorrow and get the next step in motion.

Soonest in, soonest done.

#4,113 ·
Steve Vernon said:
W-A-A-A-A-H-O-O-O!!!

Time to celebrate with some take-out schwarma and a tray full of maple cupcakes.

I am a happy man!!!

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Congratulations, Steve, and thanks for pointing me over here!! I think I need a LOT of perspective as I stumble/shamble through this process, and looks like I'll get that here!

--Norman

#4,114 ·
So my novel launches tomorrow (OMG) and amazon have been super lovely and CLOSED MY KDP ACCOUNT!  :eek:

I'd somehow managed to sign up for two accounts under the same email address and instead of asking me about it they just went ahead and closed the one with access to KDP which means that even though my novel is still live on amazon and will still be launched- I literally cannot do anything about it. I can't do any final edits (thank god I'd already uploaded my final manuscript!) and I can't do any price promos or countdown deals or anything. I'm kind of freaking out. I've been fighting with them for the past week to give me access but I feel like we're just going around in circles.

I just needed to tell someone because, as I said, I'm freaking out. Not something I needed right before my first launch :(

#4,117 ·
Norman Prentiss said:
Congratulations, Steve, and thanks for pointing me over here!! I think I need a LOT of perspective as I stumble/shamble through this process, and looks like I'll get that here!

--Norman
Welcome aboard, Norman. This is definitely the place to pick up info on publishing in Kindle in general and Kindle Scout in specific.

#4,118 ·
CarmenShea said:
So my novel launches tomorrow (OMG) and amazon have been super lovely and CLOSED MY KDP ACCOUNT! :eek:

I'd somehow managed to sign up for two accounts under the same email address and instead of asking me about it they just went ahead and closed the one with access to KDP which means that even though my novel is still live on amazon and will still be launched- I literally cannot do anything about it. I can't do any final edits (thank god I'd already uploaded my final manuscript!) and I can't do any price promos or countdown deals or anything. I'm kind of freaking out. I've been fighting with them for the past week to give me access but I feel like we're just going around in circles.

I just needed to tell someone because, as I said, I'm freaking out. Not something I needed right before my first launch :(
I'm feeling your pain, Carmen! So very frustrating. I hope you get it worked out soon.

#4,119 ·
Cindy Rinaman Marsch said:
I'm feeling your pain, Carmen! So very frustrating. I hope you get it worked out soon.
Thanks, Cindy! Looks like it's unlikely to be sorted before it launches, which I mean isn't a huge deal as they have the final copy, but I feel like they've just left me floundering and I'd have liked to have the option to re-upload or tweak a few things before it officially launched :/

How's your novel going btw? Did you get any more interest once your print edition launched? :)

#4,120 ·
I hope everyone remembered to set their clocks ahead last night.

I woke up about 2 am - or was it 3 am - thinking about the revisions and bolt-tightening I'm doing today. I did one good simple fix to really help nail down the last chapter. Right now I'm about half way through this last minute revision and I intend to have it completed by this afternoon. I've got the whole day off.

Good luck to P Walter Gagnon with his book THE DEVIL'S SOUL who has joined those folks swinging in the gentle breeze. May the gods of Kindle Scout look favorably upon your offering.

And welcome to new kboarder Norman Prentiss. I believe I shared the pages of a SHIVERS volume with you and I certainly remember you from Cemetery Dance. :) That queer supernatural road trip book of yours certainly looks wicked cool intriguing.

Let's get to the list, shall we.

Remember - the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

LAST DAY LEFT Modern Surprises by Joan Marie Verba
4 days left Fire Girl by Andy Mulberry
6 days left The Second Sphere by Peter S. Banks
7 days left Summer Love, Winter Tears by Carol Collins
7 days left The Creation: Let There Be Death by The Behrg
7 days left The Risk it Takes to Blossom by Tani Hanes
15 days left God of Chains by JR Armstrong
15 days left American Terrorist by Wesley Robert Lowe
18 days left Kells Hitchin' by Maddison L. Beckley
21 days left The Sublime Freedom by A.D. Davies
25 days left Suicide Station by Jack Wallen
25 days left Just One Kiss by Amelia Whitmore
25 days left Odd Adventures With Your Other Father

If I have missed anyone please let me know.

Happy scouting to you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.