Author Topic: All That Never Was  (Read 498 times)  

Offline Joyce DeBacco

• Southwest Florida, USA
    • View Profile
    • joycedebacco.com
All That Never Was
« on: August 09, 2015, 09:39:23 AM »
All That Never Was, a Kindle Unlimited book. Please go to end of thread for announcement of sale.

They say your life flashes before your eyes in the moments before you die. But who are they, and how do they know? No longer able to live with himself after committing an unspeakable offense, Jeffrey wants to end his life in the quickest way possible. Megan has also lost the will to live after losing her husband and only son. But she's taking the slow approach, withdrawing from life little by little. When an injured and unconscious Jeffrey ends up on her porch in the middle of a blizzard, Megan does what any caring person would do and takes him in. But Jeffrey's road to recovery is hampered when he awakes with only vague, troubling images from his past, a past that's inexplicably linked with Megan's.

5 stars from a top 500 reviewer for ALL THAT NEVER WAS. "A most interesting story that delves into how past incidents affect the future . . . The author takes the readers into the minds of both of the main characters. Both have problems and each helps the other overcome their fears . . . The plot and the characters are both well defined and the reader has a mystery tossed in to boot . . . Most highly recommended."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 06:19:35 AM by Joyce DeBacco »
Read sample chapters of my novels @
http://www.joycedebacco.com

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: All That Never Was
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 06:02:25 PM »

Welcome to KBoards, Or Welcome Back ;) OR Hi, glad you're still here. :D Congratulations on the book!  :)

Much of what follows you should already be aware of, as it was included in the information you agreed to when you signed up. So please consider this to be just a friendly reminder. :) (The posting of this 'welcome letter' doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so we post this note in every thread. :) )

KBoards is a Fan forum for Readers, Writers and Kindle Lovers. Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function or the Kboards bookmark tool available on each thread) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Joyce DeBacco

• Southwest Florida, USA
    • View Profile
    • joycedebacco.com
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 07:31:55 AM »
How about a brief excerpt today?

Clutching his injured ribs with one hand and his empty cup in the other, Jeffrey took a step forward. Then he took another. He was only inches from the door when it opened, slammed into his toes, and almost knocked him over. "Son-of-a-b*tch!" he cried out.
Megan gasped. "Are you all right? And what are you doing out of bed anyway?"
He grimaced against the new pain. "Don't yell at me!" he shouted back. "Can't you see I'm in pain?"
"From a stubbed toe?"
"Yes!"
Eye to eye, she stared him down, her astonished expression leaving no doubt as to her skepticism. Then her cheek twitched, and she tried vainly to contain a smile. Seconds later, she burst out laughing.
"It's not funny," he said. Even to his ears, he sounded like a whiny child. Allowing that a stubbed toe in no way compared to the injuries he'd already suffered, he gave in to a reluctant smile. "Okay, maybe it is--a little."
I hope you'll check it out.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 03:18:24 PM by Joyce DeBacco »

Offline Joyce DeBacco

• Southwest Florida, USA
    • View Profile
    • joycedebacco.com
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 03:20:07 PM »
New excerpt.

She lowered her gaze. "Jeffrey, why are you still here? You have money now. You can rent a beautiful furnished apartment back in the city. Why are you still here in the middle of nowhere?"
He bit his lip. "I feel safe here, Megan. But if you really want me to leave, I will."
"You know I don't want that."
"What are you saying?"
"I think you know."
He grinned. Then in a teasing voice, he said, "Megan Locke, you like having me around, don't you?"
She gave him a mock punch. "Maybe. You're good company when you're not moping around and feeling sorry for yourself."
He pulled her into his arms. "I'm not moping now." He lowered his lips over hers, and for an instant all that mattered was the silent communion between two troubled souls. Seconds later, they parted, both a little embarrassed to have revealed so much of their feelings.
Something changed for Jeffrey in that seminal moment. And though the rest of the day was filled with smiles and easy banter, he avoided further expressions of affection, afraid of wanting more than Megan was comfortable in giving. He had too much on his plate right now, he told himself. There was time enough for the serious business of living--and loving--once he cleared up the mystery that was Jeffrey Spalding.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 03:25:28 PM by Joyce DeBacco »

Offline Joyce DeBacco

• Southwest Florida, USA
    • View Profile
    • joycedebacco.com
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 02:35:05 PM »
This book may not have many reviews, but they're all good. Appreciate your checking it out. Thanks.