Author Topic: Want free months on your existing Scribd subscription?  (Read 16513 times)  

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
  • Introverts Unite (Separately)
    • View Profile
Want free months on your existing Scribd subscription?
« on: August 28, 2015, 06:34:34 am »
I made a post about Scribd on my web site a few months ago which is now the fifth result for the search "Scribd free trial" on Google and the first one which still has an active free trial link. Because of that, I get a lot of people using it. I get a free month of Scribd each time someone does.

My Scribd subscription is now paid up through 2019! I really want to spread the wealth on this for kboarders who also use Scribd. So, if you give me your free trial link, I'll put it in the post in place of mine for a while so that you can get all those free months.

To find out if you have the "Read for Free" option so that you can get free months (I think only people who pay by credit card have it), you need to access your profile menu and choose the "Read for Free" option. There will be a link there that you need to give me so I can put it on my web page instead of mine.

You can just post your link in this thread. The only thing I ask is that you let me know how many free months you got while your link was active. If I have more than one taker, I'll change it out every month so that everyone has a chance. Like I said, at this point, you'd be earning around an entire year free with just a month in the post. That could change, obviously, but it hurts nothing to try, right?

THE FAMILIAR and THE INNOCENT DEAD are Kindle Scout Winners |  Jillnojack.com

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    Re: Want free months on your existing Scribd subscription?
    « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 08:14:06 am »
    I love Scribd and I'm game.  Hope this is the correct link, and thanks for the offer!  https://www.scribd.com/g/42xzdh
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, 2nd & 1st gen Oasis, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini for PDFs

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 09:38:57 am »
    I love Scribd and I'm game.  Hope this is the correct link, and thanks for the offer!  https://www.scribd.com/g/42xzdh

I'll get your link onto that page right now!  Here's hoping it works out for you.

Your name as you have it listed on Scribd for your profile will show as the person who invited them. I find that you will only get an email about someone signing up inconsistently, but you can see all sign ups from the Read for Free link in your Scribd account.

The page it is on is here:

http://faeunbound.com/read-the-series-for-free-from-scribd-free-trial-link/
    « Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:59:54 am by Jill Nojack »

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 11:00:34 am »
    Thanks so much!  I see you have at least a couple of sites - which one is the link on?  A site/blog where books and book-related topics are discussed always interests me. ;)
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, 2nd & 1st gen Oasis, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini for PDFs

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 11:18:48 am »
    Thanks so much!  I see you have at least a couple of sites - which one is the link on?  A site/blog where books and book-related topics are discussed always interests me. ;)

Looks like I was updating my post while you were posting - I put the link in my previous post now, since I thought you might like to see where it's at. It's on one of the pages for my YA series site:

http://faeunbound.com/read-the-series-for-free-from-scribd-free-trial-link/

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 08:23:07 am »
    Nice!  Will keep my fingers crossed - I have a good-sized list on Scribd of books to read or listen to (sadly it looks like some will expire before I get to them). I love Scribd and hope it survives, but these changes coming make me wonder about its future.

Anyway...thanks so much!   
    em

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 04:28:40 pm »
    Nice!  Will keep my fingers crossed - I have a good-sized list on Scribd of books to read or listen to (sadly it looks like some will expire before I get to them). I love Scribd and hope it survives, but these changes coming make me wonder about its future.

Anyway...thanks so much!   

And last night, I got another sign up. I hope that the page I put yours on is where the majority of them are coming from. I do have a my link in  a couple of places I can't control, I guess you'll find out soon enough.

To me, the changes say Scribd is trying to have a future. The moves that brought the Harlequin readers and unlimited audiobooks on the site were destined to fail. But I also love Scribd and used to pay for my subscription and would again, if they declared my free months invalid for some reason. While I read a lot of indie books, I also read a lot of traditionally published books, and I particularly like their nonfiction options. I can get huge amounts of research done there.

You are welcome, here's hoping it gets you some freeness!

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 01:39:44 pm »
    I did get an email and see in my settings that that I have an additional month now (at least I think I do based on when I signed up for a year last December when they offered the full year for half-price).  I also put that link on my Facebook page but I didn't have much faith it would net me any extra time. 
    em

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 09:22:26 pm »
    I did get an email and see in my settings that that I have an additional month now (at least I think I do based on when I signed up for a year last December when they offered the full year for half-price).  I also put that link on my Facebook page but I didn't have much faith it would net me any extra time. 

I'm glad to hear it. I find that I don't get an email every time, but if you go into the "Read For Free" section from the profile menu, it shows how many free months you've gotten and when they're credited. It looks like my page is about to fall off the top hits on google, but hopefully it will still get enough that you can grab a bunch of free time before it does. I really wish I'd thought of doing this sooner, so I could have spread the wealth a little wider :-)

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 09:25:50 am »
    Just to update - I'm up to 8 free months now!  Woohoo - thanks again!
    em

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 10:11:34 am »
    Just to update - I'm up to 8 free months now!  Woohoo - thanks again!

Hey, you're welcome. I wondered how you were doing.

If anyone else is interested, let me know, and I'll change it out once Meemo has a year banked up, if that's okay with you, Meemo?

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 04:09:05 pm »
    Absolutely. And now I'm up to 9, by the way. 😀
    em

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 06:59:29 pm »
    Absolutely. And now I'm up to 9, by the way. 😀

It's crazy!

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 05:23:45 am »
    Thank you for such a generous offer Jill!  Here's my link:  https://www.scribd.com/g/42wa2m

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 06:53:38 am »
    Thank you for such a generous offer Jill!  Here's my link:  https://www.scribd.com/g/42wa2m

You're welcome, Andra. As soon as Meemo lets me know in this post that she's got her year, I'll update the article on my site with your link and let you know to start looking for the free months.

I'm quite enjoying being able to share the wealth :-)

Jill

You're welcome, Andra

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 08:40:58 pm »
    Up to 10 months now - shouldn't be long, Andra! 
    em

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 08:07:48 pm »
    And suddenly I'm at 14 months - oops!  The last couple of days have been crazy and I haven't been on Scribd at all.  Thanks again for "sharing the wealth", Jill - I'll be on the lookout for some way to pay it forward. 

So 14 months in 3 weeks for me!  Good luck, Andra - hope it goes at least as well for you, if not better!  Hope some other folks will take advantage as well. 
    em

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: September 18, 2015, 05:07:02 am »
    Awesome Meemo!
    I used Scribd a lot more when it first came out.  The app was more basic and definitely easier to use than what they are doing now with all the sideways swiping to get to stuff...  and don't get me started on the idiotic 2-column layout in landscape that you cannot turn off.  And yes, I've asked about it every single time the app has updated since then.  I see no benefit in 2 columns on a 7-inch tablet, and I am not sure why the option to disable it is so difficult to put back in.

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 05:49:26 am »
    Awesome Meemo!
    I used Scribd a lot more when it first came out.  The app was more basic and definitely easier to use than what they are doing now with all the sideways swiping to get to stuff...  and don't get me started on the idiotic 2-column layout in landscape that you cannot turn off.  And yes, I've asked about it every single time the app has updated since then.  I see no benefit in 2 columns on a 7-inch tablet, and I am not sure why the option to disable it is so difficult to put back in.

You're all updated! Here's hoping you start to see free months piling up soon. Probably no more than a month before you've got a year under your belt. They don't seem to send an email every time you get a free month, but you can check them in your account profile under "Read for Free".

If anyone else wants to get in on lots and lots of free Scribd months, post your link and when Andra lets us know she has a year I'll update again.

Andra, do you use Scribd on a Kindle Fire tablet? Because I don't have two columns (or even the option for two columns). If you just have a generic Android tablet, I bet you could install the Kindle app because it's just an android app. Kindle owners have to get it from Scribd because its not in the Amazon app store. Have no idea why they didn't approve it   ::)

That link is : https://www.scribd.com/mobile/app/kindle

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 05:51:30 am »
    And suddenly I'm at 14 months - oops!  The last couple of days have been crazy and I haven't been on Scribd at all.  Thanks again for "sharing the wealth", Jill - I'll be on the lookout for some way to pay it forward. 

So 14 months in 3 weeks for me!  Good luck, Andra - hope it goes at least as well for you, if not better!  Hope some other folks will take advantage as well. 

You're welcome! If Scribd is still alive and well a year from now, don't forget to check back for more free months.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 11:52:59 am »
    You're all updated! Here's hoping you start to see free months piling up soon. Probably no more than a month before you've got a year under your belt. They don't seem to send an email every time you get a free month, but you can check them in your account profile under "Read for Free".

If anyone else wants to get in on lots and lots of free Scribd months, post your link and when Andra lets us know she has a year I'll update again.

Andra, do you use Scribd on a Kindle Fire tablet? Because I don't have two columns (or even the option for two columns). If you just have a generic Android tablet, I bet you could install the Kindle app because it's just an android app. Kindle owners have to get it from Scribd because its not in the Amazon app store. Have no idea why they didn't approve it   ::)

That link is : https://www.scribd.com/mobile/app/kindle

I have it sideloaded on my Fire HDx7 and installed from the app store on my Nexus 7.  On both of them, when I turn the tablet sideways, I automatically get two columns of text.  Maybe you still have an older version of the app?  My Fire is a more recent acquisition.  I've learned to deal with it, but I still don't like it.

Offline EllisaBarr

• View Profile
      • Ellisa Barr
    « Reply #21 on: September 26, 2015, 06:57:42 pm »
    Hi Jill!  If you are still sharing your website space, I'd love to take you up on your offer for some Scribd link visibility.  I love Scribd and use it all the time.  Here's my link:  https://www.scribd.com/g/1cyu7x  I'll keep an eye on this thread to see whether you're able to add my link to your site.

Thank you!

No One Is Powerless

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 06:02:55 pm »
    Hi Jill!  If you are still sharing your website space, I'd love to take you up on your offer for some Scribd link visibility.  I love Scribd and use it all the time.  Here's my link:  https://www.scribd.com/g/1cyu7x  I'll keep an eye on this thread to see whether you're able to add my link to your site.

Thank you!

Absolutely, Ellisa! As soon as Andra let's us know when she has a year of free months stockpiled, then I will put your link up next. I expect it won't be much longer, but I haven't been looking at what kind of visitors that page has been getting. Hopefully, its popularity isn't decreasing significantly.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 07:02:27 pm »
    I didn't see any activity right away, but I am now up to 5 months. Thanks again Jill!

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 07:11:07 pm »
    I didn't see any activity right away, but I am now up to 5 months. Thanks again Jill!

No problem. Glad to see the magic is still working.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement