Author Topic: Want free months on your existing Scribd subscription?  (Read 16512 times)  

Offline Eve2020

• View Profile
Re: Want free months on your existing Scribd subscription?
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2016, 08:42:33 pm »
Thank you Jill, but I just realize that link doesn't work. Please use my new link https://www.scribd.com/g/4z7gsh. Thank you once again  :)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
    • Introverts Unite (Separately)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #76 on: January 14, 2016, 08:52:35 am »
    Thank you Jill, but I just realize that link doesn't work. Please use my new link https://www.scribd.com/g/4z7gsh. Thank you once again  :)

Eve, I have updated this with your link now. Please let me know when you have a year's worth of month's saved up and I will cycle around again to a previous participant (unless someone new joins the thread).

It's been taking one to two months to save up a year of free, so here's hoping you have that same success.

THE FAMILIAR and THE INNOCENT DEAD are Kindle Scout Winners |  Jillnojack.com

Offline Eve2020

• View Profile
    « Reply #77 on: January 16, 2016, 12:50:06 am »
    Thank you so much Jill!  :)

Offline EllisaBarr

• View Profile
      • Ellisa Barr
    « Reply #78 on: January 17, 2016, 01:13:06 pm »
    You're welcome, glad to hear you're still enjoying the subscription. I'll pull it away from you next week, sadly. I am making good use of my KU subscription this month and will be reading/listening to some book called Outage that I downloaded last week that looked pretty good :-)

I haven't stopped by here for a little while, but so much smiling when I did today!  I hope you enjoy[ed] Outage.  It didn't feel "real" to me until a year after I published it when I listened to the audio version.  I thought the narrator did a great job.  I kept telling my family "I wrote that!"  :) 

And thanks so much for the extra link time!  I'm still capped at 6 audio credits, but I used a couple as I got them so none went to waste.  2016 will be the year of suspense books.

No One Is Powerless

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #79 on: January 18, 2016, 12:09:54 pm »
    I haven't stopped by here for a little while, but so much smiling when I did today!  I hope you enjoy[ed] Outage.  It didn't feel "real" to me until a year after I published it when I listened to the audio version.  I thought the narrator did a great job.  I kept telling my family "I wrote that!"  :) 

And thanks so much for the extra link time!  I'm still capped at 6 audio credits, but I used a couple as I got them so none went to waste.  2016 will be the year of suspense books.

Books I am required to review for people keep getting in the way. So, I'm not very far into it. But I am enjoying it and have vacation next week, so all the books I've started and been unable to finish due to varisou other responsibilities are getting gone through next week. I'll be doing a lot of work on the house, so it's great to be able to switch back and forth between the written and the audio (although I actually prefer reading to listening) while I wash walls, etc.

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #80 on: February 09, 2016, 06:42:02 am »
    Eve2020, I just wanted to let you know I am switching your link out because I have a friend IRL who asked to be part of this. I hope you've gotten quite a few signups over the past month (you got one from my friend at least!). Once he has a lot of signups, I'll come back to the thread for links.

I hope you got close to a year. If not, I can always put your link back for a while after my friend's time is up.

Jill

Offline Eve2020

• View Profile
    « Reply #81 on: February 09, 2016, 08:47:31 pm »
     I just realized I've got a year already. Thank you so much Jill for your kindness. :)

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #82 on: February 10, 2016, 06:09:06 am »
    I just realized I've got a year already. Thank you so much Jill for your kindness. :)

Excellent! Glad to hear it. Since I cycle through, I'll be coming back to you eventually since I change the link every couple of months. Enjoy your reading time!

Offline etexlady

• View Profile
    « Reply #83 on: April 18, 2016, 03:36:32 pm »
    Jill, you are so kind to manage this for everyone.  I hope I can get in on the offer.  I joined Scribd last December. I had  three months free and decided to keep the service when it came time to pay.  I also have Kindle Unlimited but I read more on Scribd.  Anyway, here's my link: 
    https://www.scribd.com/g/4zble9

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #84 on: April 19, 2016, 06:48:02 am »
    Jill, you are so kind to manage this for everyone.  I hope I can get in on the offer.  I joined Scribd last December. I had  three months free and decided to keep the service when it came time to pay.  I also have Kindle Unlimited but I read more on Scribd.  Anyway, here's my link: 
    https://www.scribd.com/g/4zble9

I was just about to ask if anyone wanted to try again.

Problematically, the friend who has the link right now says he hasn't gotten many free months, so the magic may be gone. However, I will get this updated, and you can let me know if it did you any good in a month or two.

Offline etexlady

• View Profile
    « Reply #85 on: April 30, 2016, 10:22:05 am »
    Hi, Jill.  It has not yet been a month (more like 10 days) since you posted my link and I already have over 12 free months!  Thank you so much.  It seems the "magic" is still there so it's time to give someone else an opportunity.  Thank you again.

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #86 on: April 30, 2016, 01:57:43 pm »
    Hi, Jill.  It has not yet been a month (more like 10 days) since you posted my link and I already have over 12 free months!  Thank you so much.  It seems the "magic" is still there so it's time to give someone else an opportunity.  Thank you again.

Glad to hear that the link is still working for people. I have just put Elissa's link active again, and if people could let me know if they are still interested, I will get back on rotation from the front of the line again in a few weeks.

If you are just finding out about this opportunity and haven't had a turn yet, please let me know. New people get priority since it really doesn't take much time to get a free year so that I can move it to the next person.

Offline EllisaBarr

• View Profile
      • Ellisa Barr
    « Reply #87 on: May 06, 2016, 04:52:25 am »
    Thanks for linking me back up Jill. I have had 3 or 4 sign ups so far and I'll let you know when I get to another year. :)

No One Is Powerless

Offline EllisaBarr

• View Profile
      • Ellisa Barr
    « Reply #88 on: May 06, 2016, 06:50:43 am »
    It looks like referring a new subscriber no longer gives you a free audiobook credit, nor does it give a free Ebook credit. You get 1 audiobook and 3 ebooks once/month and that's it unless you pay for more. You can also accumulate 3 months' worth if you don't use them for a while.

I'm still thankful for the free months but I'm going to miss those audiobook credits!

No One Is Powerless

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #89 on: May 06, 2016, 07:46:31 am »
    It looks like referring a new subscriber no longer gives you a free audiobook credit, nor does it give a free Ebook credit. You get 1 audiobook and 3 ebooks once/month and that's it unless you pay for more. You can also accumulate 3 months' worth if you don't use them for a while.

I'm still thankful for the free months but I'm going to miss those audiobook credits!

Too bad about the audiobooks. Well, at least there's the one per month free. And the rolling selection of ones that don't require a credit, although I haven't ever looked to see if there's anything good in there. I haven't got time to listen to the ones I already own at this point.

Glad to hear you are getting signups, though!

Jill

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #90 on: May 06, 2016, 07:59:30 am »
    I listened to a couple of the free books in both March and April, didn't see much in May (I think maybe there were one or two I have already). Bummer about no more new credits, I'll need to start using more of the ones I have though so I don't lose them. (Although really, they were free anyway, so geesh, Emily!!).
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, 2nd & 1st gen Oasis, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini for PDFs

Offline EllisaBarr

• View Profile
      • Ellisa Barr
    « Reply #91 on: May 09, 2016, 09:36:54 pm »
    I have 11 sign ups already, so go ahead and switch it any time.  Thank you!  :)

No One Is Powerless

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #92 on: November 25, 2017, 11:28:23 am »
    Jill, do you still post Scribd links to your website?  I have a huge pile of books in my library there so I can always use free extensions if I can get them.  If you are, my link is still https://www.scribd.com/g/42xzdh; if not, thanks again for all the free months I got from your posting it previously! 
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, 2nd & 1st gen Oasis, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini for PDFs

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #93 on: November 26, 2017, 01:23:27 pm »
    Jill, do you still post Scribd links to your website?  I have a huge pile of books in my library there so I can always use free extensions if I can get them.  If you are, my link is still https://www.scribd.com/g/42xzdh; if not, thanks again for all the free months I got from your posting it previously! 

I do and I will! You may not get a lot of months anymore, but it's worth a try. I will post it now. Please let me know how things go with it.

Offline etexlady

• View Profile
    « Reply #94 on: November 26, 2017, 06:39:31 pm »
    I'd be interested to know how it goes as well.  My year is about up and I was going to cancel but if I can get a few free months I would reconsider.

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #95 on: November 29, 2017, 02:16:06 am »
    Great!  Thanks, I'll let you know!
    « Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:12:03 pm by Meemo »
    em

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #96 on: November 29, 2017, 12:21:47 pm »
    It may also be worth noting (because I just realized this recently myself - some of y'all are probably more observant than I am!) even though we don't see the credits racking up like we once did (because they now limit how many we can accumulate at a time to up to 9 book credits and 3 audiobook credits), if you go below that 9 ebooks or 3 audiobooks, you'll get more credits when the next billing cycle rolls around (for me that's the 12th of the month).  I felt really dumb when I realized that - I was hoarding my credits thinking we didn't get them for the free months at all any longer, but apparently we do.  At least for now.  So I'm going to make sure I use enough credits each month so I can get my full complement of new monthly credits - so get myself down to a max of 6 book credits & 2 audiobooks.  Apparently I'm pretty greedy about books & (especially) audiobooks. 
    em

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #97 on: December 01, 2017, 03:41:37 pm »
    I'd be interested to know how it goes as well.  My year is about up and I was going to cancel but if I can get a few free months I would reconsider.

I would be happy to switch the link over to yours once Meemo has a few months.

Things have been slower in terms of earning months though, so there are no guarantees. I'm paid up until 2040, though. Heh. So, really, I don't need those free months.

Offline etexlady

• View Profile
    « Reply #98 on: December 02, 2017, 07:43:01 am »
    I would be happy to switch the link over to yours once Meemo has a few months.

Things have been slower in terms of earning months though, so there are no guarantees. I'm paid up until 2040, though. Heh. So, really, I don't need those free months.

Thank you, Jill. 

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #99 on: December 02, 2017, 06:39:30 pm »
    I believe I have 4 free months since you put my link back up - my daughter also has the link on her BookTube channel page but I get at most one or two/month from that and this is 4 in the past week, so it's still working. I'll let you know when I get 12. 😉
    « Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:53:21 am by Meemo »
    em

KBoards.com

• Advertisement