Author Topic: Compassionate Editing, Coaching, and Consulting Services  (Read 410 times)  

Offline JadenTerell

• Nashville, TN
    • View Profile
    • Jaden Terrell: Writer, Teacher, Speaker
Compassionate Editing, Coaching, and Consulting Services
« on: September 07, 2015, 08:19:36 pm »
Now Accepting Clients

Your book, your vision. It's important to you, but sometimes it's hard to bring that shining idea in your mind to life on the page. How do you turn your newborn baby manuscript into a polished book readers will love? As an author myself, I know how to ask the questions that lead to the heart of the story you want to tell. As a longtime teacher, I know how to help you convey that story to readers.

These are the services I offer:

Diagnostic Reading:
Complete reading of manuscript and overview of its strengths and weaknesses.
Rate: $300, fee can be applied to any one subsequent editing service.

Outline & Story Consultation:
If you have an idea for a novel but don't know where to start, I can help you solidify your idea, explore your characters, and create an effective outline. Consultation by phone, Skype, or (if you're within two hours of Nashville) in person.
Rates: $350

Developmental Editing:
Includes coaching to help you write your book from scratch or from a bare-bones beginning. Rates vary, depending on the extent of the work that needs to be done. This begins with an in-depth diagnostic reading. The $200 fee for that can be applied to the developmental edit (or another, if you prefer).

Content/Substantive Editing:
You'll receive a detailed, chapter-by-chapter report about the plot, pacing, characterization, story structure, and more. The underpinnings of the novel.
Rates: $.02/word ($20.00 per 1000 words, or $1200 for 60,000 words)

Comprehensive Editing:
Content editing as above, plus attention to language, grammar, syntax, usage errors, subject-verb agreement, and more. I'll also address awkward language, repetition, wordiness, overwriting, and other linguistic issues.
Rates: $.03/word ($30.00 per 1000 words, or $1800 for 60,000 words).

Here's what clients are saying.

"Jaden's editing comments are not only insightful and articulate, but she has an uncanny knack for divining the writer's intentions so that her advice goes right to the heart of the story. She has helped me immeasurably in fully developing my characters and plot lines." -- Philip Cioffari, independent screenwriter and award-winning author of Catholic Boys and Jesusville

"Jaden Terrell brings an eye to editing that encompasses more than the nits and grammar, the POV and the continuity. She understands the characters and what makes them tick....Her editing not only makes your book better, it makes *you* better as you grasp her deep understanding of the people you created. She's a respectful editor, giving you the hard criticism with a good dose of what you did right and more than a little humor. She never condescends but always strives to lift you up. I choose Jaden to edit my materials because she's rare and wonderful and she makes me feel rare and wonderful, too." -- Nancy Sartor, author of Bones Along the Hill

"I have authored three books and used numerous editors but none come close to Jaden Terrell's editing...She uniquely focuses on the story -- its flow, its continuity and its message(s). She patiently taught me how important character point of view (POV) is and how POV relates to the reader's perspective. She taught me subtle tricks you'll never learn from traditional editors...Moreover, Ms. Terrell does her work quickly and efficiently. Her editing turn around time is uniquely fast as well as accurate and she is always there for you should you have a question. I will certainly use Jaden Terrell again for my next book and I strongly recommend her to you."
-- Paul Evancoe -- author of Poison Promise

"Jaden Terrell is a rare editing talent, combining macro and micro perspective so necessary to ensure entertaining and cohesive structure, plot, subplot, tenor, voice and character development in addition to stronger, active verbs and correct grammar. But Jaden also knows the author's psyche, understands well when to insist and when to abide -- and she's always empathetic. She's the editor's editor. " -- Ben Small, author of The Olive Horseshoe

"Jaden Terrell's editorial expertise has proven invaluable to me.  She is wonderful to work with: thorough and dependable, and she offers a wealth of terrific suggestions and advice.  She is a true professional, and I recommend her highly." -- Alana White, author of The Sign of the Weeping Virgin
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:39:40 am by JadenTerell »
Jaden Terrell
Author, Jared McKean Mysteries
Writing Coach, Content & Developmental Editor

KBoards.com

• Advertisement