Author Topic: Two thrilling mysteries! Get them for FREE today.  (Read 2301 times)  

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Two thrilling mysteries! Get them for FREE today.
« on: September 12, 2015, 08:57:57 AM »
If you like traditional British mysteries from the Golden Age, you'll love The Enemy in Our Midst and People Say I'm Different. Lord Charles Stewart first uses his amateur sleuthing skills to solve the murder of friend Colonel Humphries. Set in the moors of North Yorkshire and along the coast of the North Sea, this mystery will entertain from beginning to end. Then, Lord Stewart and Mary travel to Northumberland and stumble into another unpleasantness. Click the links below.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 05:53:49 AM by JohnEConley »
As a lifelong fan of Dorothy Sayers, I missed the aristocratic amateur sleuthing of her Lord Peter Wimsey. My books bring back her style in the form of Lord Charlrs Stewart of Yorkshire, England. Along with trusted butler Bingham and friend Mary Hastings, Lord Stewart solves murder mysteries with alacrity. The books are best read in a study with a glass of sherry at hand.
Reviving the Golden Age of mysteries.
John E. Conley | Author Page

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: FREE this weekend: The Enemy in Our Midst - A Lord Charles Stewart Mystery
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 10:09:42 AM »

Welcome to KBoards, Or Welcome Back ;) OR Hi, glad you're still here. :D Congratulations on the book!  :)

Much of what follows you should already be aware of, as it was included in the information you agreed to when you signed up. So please consider this to be just a friendly reminder. :) (The posting of this 'welcome letter' doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so we post this note in every thread. :) )

KBoards is a Fan forum for Readers, Writers and Kindle Lovers. Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function or the Kboards bookmark tool available on each thread) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
FREE: New mystery available for free Friday through Sunday.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 07:54:34 AM »
Download my new mystery The Enemy in Our Midst all weekend. Visit the author page for more information on the book and myself. Reviews are always welcome at Amazon.com.

<merged with existing thread.  Please, one thread per book.  Bookmark this thread so that you can find it again, thanks!  --Ann>
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:43:20 AM by Ann in Arlington »
As a lifelong fan of Dorothy Sayers, I missed the aristocratic amateur sleuthing of her Lord Peter Wimsey. My books bring back her style in the form of Lord Charlrs Stewart of Yorkshire, England. Along with trusted butler Bingham and friend Mary Hastings, Lord Stewart solves murder mysteries with alacrity. The books are best read in a study with a glass of sherry at hand.

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Free Download 3/9-3/10
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 04:14:16 AM »
FREE EBOOK
Savings of $6.99

Great murder mystery by a new author is now a free download. Follow Lord Charles Stewart and schoolteacher Mary Hastings as they pursue a killer through the moors of Yorkshire, England.

Reviews are always welcome and I encourage you to post messages on my author page.

http://www.amazon.com/Enemy-Our-Midst-Charles-Stewart-ebook/dp/B014YQI6BK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457524957&sr=8-1&keywords=john+e+conley

Thank you and enjoy!!

<merged with existing thread.  Please, one thread per book.  Bookmark this thread so that you can find it again, thanks!  --Ann>
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:24:47 AM by Ann in Arlington »

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: New Murder Mystery!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 05:47:00 AM »
Free download TODAY and TOMORROW!

If you like traditional British mysteries from the Golden Age, you'll love The Enemy in Our Midst. Lord Charles Stewart uses his amateur sleuthing skills to solve the murder of friend Colonel Humphries. Set in the moors of North Yorkshire and along the coast of the North Sea, this mystery will entertain from beginning to end.

Click the link in my bio for more details.

Thank you!!

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: New Murder Mystery!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 03:29:53 AM »
FREE - 3/30

The Enemy in Our Midst is a free download Wednesday only! Enjoy this murder mystery written in the style of the Golden Age at no cost. Can Lord Charles Stewart and Mary Hastings solve the crime before more victims are found?

Thank you!

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: PRICE REDUCED!!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 12:25:23 PM »
Now only $1.99. Cozy mystery set in Yorkshire, England. Who killed the Colonel? Can Lord Charles Stewart and Mary Hastings solve it in time to prevent more? The Enemy in Our Midst by John E. Conley.

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
PRICE REDUCED!!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 07:32:31 AM »
Just $0.99 to help Lord Charles Stewart and Mary Hastings solve one of Yorkshire's most challenging murders. The Colonel was hated by nearly all his men in the war, but why would one of them murder him ten years later? Or was it somebody from outside the unit who knew his secret?

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Free Download
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 02:18:54 PM »
Download for Free Saturday and Sunday

Both Lord Charles Stewart mysteries are available for free today and tomorrow. Follow along as amateur sleuths Lord Charles, Mary, and Bingham scour the British countryside for shady characters. Also available in paperback!

https://www.amazon.com/Enemy-Our-Midst-Charles-Stewart-ebook/dp/B014YQI6BK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501938424&sr=8-1&keywords=The+enemy+in+our+midst
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 06:09:50 AM by JohnEConley »

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Cozy mystery: People Say I'm Different
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 04:35:38 AM »
Welcome to KBoards, Or Welcome Back ;) OR Hi, glad you're still here. :D Congratulations on the book!  :)

Much of what follows you should already be aware of, as it was included in the information you agreed to when you signed up. So please consider this to be just a friendly reminder. :) (The posting of this 'welcome letter' doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so we post this note in every thread in the Bazaar. :) )

KBoards is a fan forum for Readers, Writers and Kindle Lovers. Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function or the Kboards bookmark tool available on each thread) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: FREE SUNDAY AND MONDAY! Traditional British mystery: People Say I'm Different
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 06:25:06 AM »
Download for free Sunday and Monday only!

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: FREE SUNDAY AND MONDAY!!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2016, 05:52:36 AM »
Free 9/18 - 9/19

The Enemy in Our Midst - A Lord Charles Stewart Mystery

Five Star reviews: Great story!  A great new whodunit for lovers of the genre!  Good read!

The first book in the Lord Charles Stewart series is now a free download for two days only. There were plenty of men who wanted Colonel Humphries dead. Which one had the best reason? Lord Stewart and Mary Hastings chase the killer down in Yorkshire.

https://www.amazon.com/Enemy-Our-Midst-Charles-Stewart-ebook/dp/B014YQI6BK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474202522&sr=8-1&keywords=the+enemy+in+our+midst#customerReviews

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: THE GREAT REVIEWS CONTINUE for 'People Say I'm Different'
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 12:23:06 PM »
4.0 out of 5 stars
Second in the Series
By Galene on October 2, 2016
'This second book in the Lord Charles Stewart goes along well, with many suspects and subplots to the murder of a prominent (but not popular) local citizen. This is a definitely cozy read, with a good sense of place and time.'

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: Download for FREE October 9 and 10!
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 06:02:19 AM »
FREE DOWNLOAD October 9 and 10! 'People Say I'm Different' is the second Lord Charles Stewart mystery with Lord Charles and Mary Hastings pursuing a murderer through Northumberland, England and Armagh, Ireland. Was the prominent village resident killed out of passion, revenge, money...or was it something else? Did she know too much? This short novella will keep you interested from start to end.

[https://www.amazon.com/People-Say-Im-Different-Charles-ebook/dp/B01LHZTYFI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1476017993&sr=8-3&keywords=people+say+i%27m+different]

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: FREE MONDAY AND TUESDAY!!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 04:08:07 AM »
The Enemy in Our Midst is FREE on October 17 and 18. Enjoy the first Lord Charles Stewart mystery in which he and Mary Hastings comb Yorkshire for a killer who could possibly be someone they both know very well. Then pick up the second Lord Stewart mystery, People Say I'm Different.

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: TODAY Only!! Free download.
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 05:02:11 AM »
The second Lord Charles Stewart mystery, People Say I'm Different, is now available at Amazon.com. Can the mind of a mentally ill girl hold the key to a murder? Lord Stewart and Mary Hastings chase clues all the way to Ireland and back. Download now for free!!

https://www.amazon.com/People-Say-Im-Different-Charles-ebook/dp/B01LHZTYFI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472936991&sr=8-1&keywords=John+e+Conley#nav-subnav

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: The Enemy in Our Midst: Download for FREE today!!
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 05:58:52 AM »
This short, entertaining, traditional British mystery is available for free today only. There were plenty of people who disliked Colonel Humphries, but who had a reason to kill him? Lord Charles Stewart and Mary Hastings search Yorkshire for the killer, among several interesting suspects.

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: December 8 and 9 only! FREE DOWNLOAD
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 05:12:31 AM »
People Say I'm Different, the second Lord Charles Stewart mystery, is being offered for free on December 8 and 9. Follow Lord Charles, Mary, and Bingham as they hunt for the murderer of a prominent village resident in Northumberland, England. Does the imperfect mind of a teenage girl hold the vital keys they need?

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: The Enemy in Our Midst: Download for FREE today and tomorrow!!
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 05:34:12 AM »
If you like traditional British mysteries from the Golden Age, you'll love The Enemy in Our Midst. Lord Charles Stewart uses his amateur sleuthing skills to solve the murder of friend Colonel Humphries. Set in the moors of North Yorkshire and along the coast of the North Sea, this mystery will entertain from beginning to end.

https://www.amazon.com/Enemy-Our-Midst-Charles-Stewart-ebook/dp/B014YQI6BK/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1481722013&sr=1-3&keywords=john+e+conley

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: January 8 and 9 only! FREE MYSTERY DOWNLOA
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 06:30:01 AM »
Get the second Lord Charles Stewart mystery today and tomorrow. If you like the Golden Age of British Mystery, you'll love these traditional stories.

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: The Enemy in Our Midst: Download for FREE today and tomorrow!!
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 06:40:12 AM »
Click the link below to download The Enemy in Our Midst. It is free today and tomorrow. Enjoy!

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
FREE DOWNLOAD - People Say I'm Different
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 06:53:51 AM »
The second Lord Charles Stewart mystery, People Say I'm Different, is now available at Amazon.com. Can the mind of a mentally ill girl hold the key to a murder? Lord Stewart and Mary Hastings chase clues all the way to Ireland and back. Download now for free!!

Also try The Enemy in Our Midst, the first book in the series.

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: The Enemy in Our Midst: Download for FREE March 22 and 23!!
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 06:13:15 PM »
If you like traditional British mysteries from the Golden Age, you'll love The Enemy in Our Midst. Lord Charles Stewart uses his amateur sleuthing skills to solve the murder of friend Colonel Humphries. Set in the moors of North Yorkshire and along the coast of the North Sea, this mystery will entertain from beginning to end. Find it at https://www.amazon.com/Enemy-Our-Midst-Charles-Stewart-ebook/dp/B014YQI6BK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490144917&sr=8-1&keywords=john+e+conley

Also pick up the second Lord Charles Stewart mystery, People Say I'm Different. Both books are available in Kindle and paperback versions.

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: The Enemy in Our Midst: Download for FREE today and tomorrow.
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2017, 06:09:45 AM »
If you like traditional British mysteries from the Golden Age, you'll love The Enemy in Our Midst. Lord Charles Stewart uses his amateur sleuthing skills to solve the murder of friend Colonel Humphries. Set in the moors of North Yorkshire and along the coast of the North Sea, this mystery will entertain from beginning to end. Be sure to pick up the second Lord Charles mystery, People Say I'm Different.

Offline JohnEConley

• View Profile
Re: FREE DOWNLOAD - Today and Tomorrow
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2017, 06:06:56 AM »
The Golden Age of British Mystery returns with this thriller set on the Northumberland seacoast. Lord Charles Stewart, Bingham, and Mary return in their second foray into amateur sleuthing as a prominent resident of a seaside village is murdered during the night. Does a teenage girl hold the clues they need? Also, be sure to pick up the first Lord Charles Stewart mystery: The Enemy in Our Midst. Both books are available in Kindle and paperback versions.