Author Topic: Anybody here use kindlesamurai? Keyword refiner  (Read 989 times)  

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
Anybody here use kindlesamurai? Keyword refiner
« on: November 10, 2015, 06:45:27 am »
Anybody here tried their service? http://kindlesamurai.net/

Angel books in movie development
Lisa Grace - Where Good Meets Evil | author website | facebook | twitter | google+ | Youtube

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline BlinkFarm

• Ohio, USA
      • View Profile
      • YouTube
    Re: Anybody here use kindlesamurai? Keyword refiner
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 07:09:57 am »
    I haven't used it since August, but back then the program did not work as advertised. After a few long-list searches that *did* work, it could only analyze a half-dozen terms at a time before it stalled. Waiting a few hours before running the search again did not help fix this problem. This made me think that Amazon had blocked it (or flagged my IP address) for doing too many consecutive searches and/or using non-humanized automation for searches (i.e. it probably doesn't didn't randomize the timing of its search requests), though I'm not techy or patient enough to confirm my theory. 

I have not tried it since, but if I have time later, I will run some terms and let you know if it's still the same.
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 07:11:35 am by Asher Ames »
    I write science fiction & erotica.
    Get free resources for creatives on my youtube channel.

Offline ArchangelEST

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 07:18:03 am »
    Their support is absolutely abysmal, but the program works fine as long as you have the latest version. I believe the recent versions should also auto-update. Or that's claimed anyway.

The issue is that Amazon regularly updates their systems and that causes most third party programs to show errors until they release a newer, patched version.

But yeah - their support infrastructure is non-existent. I tried for weeks to get a new version of the software, but nothing. Even though the creator spams your inbox non-stop (even after unsubscribing) and says you can reply at any time to ask for a newer version, he never responds.

Had to get someone else to share their newer installer. Luckily the product key works permanently so you only need a new installer file.
    James H. Mayfield |  | Amazon Author |

Offline MyraScott

• Was great while it lasted.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 07:41:30 am »
    I like it, when it works.  Which is not often.
    It's all spider food now
    Send your comments to VerticalScope directly- they aren't reading anything here.
    https://www.verticalscope.com/contact-us/connect-with-us.html

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
    • Me
      • View Profile
      • Lisa Grace
    « Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 07:56:10 am »
    Someone pm'd me with a link to a thread last year on the program.  https://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=200217.0

They followed me on Twitter, so I went to check out the link. It's a video on what it's supposed to do. Someone recommended Kindle Spy over this program. I'm aware programs can become better. Just wanted to learn from your experiences. Thank you!

Angel books in movie development
    Lisa Grace - Where Good Meets Evil | author website | facebook | twitter | google+ | Youtube

Offline MyraScott

• Was great while it lasted.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 08:01:15 am »
    They don't really do the same thing. At least,I don't use them the same way.

KindleSpy will give you estimated earnings for a search, and author or a category while KindleSamuari will suggest popular keywords and analyze their potential for competition.  Both useful for researching hot categories but in different ways.
    It's all spider food now
    Send your comments to VerticalScope directly- they aren't reading anything here.
    https://www.verticalscope.com/contact-us/connect-with-us.html

Offline Doglover

• Huntingdon, United Kingdom
    • If you want real love, buy a dog.
      • View Profile
      • Margaret Brazear Author
    « Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 08:04:17 am »
    Someone pm'd me with a link to a thread last year on the program.  https://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=200217.0

They followed me on Twitter, so I went to check out the link. It's a video on what it's supposed to do. Someone recommended Kindle Spy over this program. I'm aware programs can become better. Just wanted to learn from your experiences. Thank you!
    Oh, yes, the video showing how it is supposed to work works fine! I tried it, returned it for a refund. When I said so on this forum last time someone asked, the developer and owner of Samurai came on and insulted me. Told me my books didn't sell because my covers are crap. Great customer service, unmatched by anyone I have seen. :( I don't know anyone else who gets business by insulting the dissatisfied customers they have refunded.

Kindle Spy didn't do a lot either, but at least it worked, which is more than can be said for the other one!

The past is another country; they do things differently there
    Margaret Brazear | Website | Blog | Facebook | Newsletter

Offline ArchangelEST

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 08:30:41 am »

I use Samurai to get easy access to things like keyword competitiveness, number of high ranking books, average reviews, prices and so forth. While I use KindleSpy mostly for easy overview of category rankings.

None of these programs really produce any new data. You can get all of this stuff manually as well, but it's a pain in the butt to analyze these things by hand.

These are programs of comfort. Time savers.
    James H. Mayfield |  | Amazon Author |

Offline DCP123

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 06:23:38 am »
    Kindle Samurai doesn't work at all now. But the scumbag who runs it is still taking people's money as the website is still there ...

Offline Doglover

• Huntingdon, United Kingdom
    • If you want real love, buy a dog.
      • View Profile
      • Margaret Brazear Author
    « Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 09:33:00 am »
    Kindle Samurai doesn't work at all now. But the scumbag who runs it is still taking people's money as the website is still there ...
    He'll never go away now he has your details either.

The past is another country; they do things differently there
    Margaret Brazear | Website | Blog | Facebook | Newsletter

Offline Jonathan C. Gillespie

• Atlanta, GA
    • Relentlessly Patient
      • View Profile
      • Fiction For Every Reader
    « Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 08:46:02 pm »
    It's useful for brainstorming keywords, but that's about all I found it useful for the few times I tried it. Granted, this was some time ago.

I write worlds on paper, then destroy them.
    Jonathan C. Gillespie | Official Site | Twitter | facebook | Newsletter

KBoards.com

• Advertisement