Author Topic: Premade Ebook Covers by Lorena - Black Friday Sale 30% off (until December 3rd)  (Read 924 times)  

Offline Lorena

• Writer & Cover Designer
    • View Profile
    • Premade Ebook Covers
Hi there,

After some time lurking in Kboards  :D, I've decided to open a thread with my premade covers design service.

My web: premadeebookcovers.co.uk

Some of my premade covers:

I'm doing a Black Friday sale: 30% off all the premade covers AND the additional services. This includes premade cover series, CreateSpace cover, psd files... well, all you can see in my website. Including the Basic Pack. Everything!

The premade covers are $34 each (with the discount).

Only until Thursday December 3rd.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
Lorena

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Kate.

• Australia
      • View Profile
    Oooh, they're beautiful!

I don't need a cover right now, but I'll bookmark you for when I do.  :)

Offline Lorena

• View Profile
      • Premade Ebook Covers
    Thanks Darcy!  :)

Offline belindaf

• New York
      • View Profile
      • Belinda Frisch, Author
    Some beautiful work, but upon reviewing your site FAQs I see that you claim to use stock art from free sites. It's my understanding that there are potential copyright/licensing issues when using free stock art, especially with models. Which sites do you use from and are there legal disclaimers that grant use? Is this a US-only thing? I notice you're in the UK and wonder how that affects covers you sell to US-based authors. See Free Images and Creative Commons here: http://www.stockphotorights.com/faq/ (Specifically, Q: Is it possible to get legal protection from suppliers of free, legal images? A: Not usually. Free images typically do not come with any form of legal protection. Most free images will not have model releases or property releases and if a claim arises, the customer will be responsible for that claim.) The customer being the author, I assume.
    « Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 10:12:16 pm by belindaf »

Belinda Frisch | Twitter | Goodreads

Offline Lorena

• View Profile
      • Premade Ebook Covers
    Some beautiful work, but upon reviewing your site FAQs I see that you claim to use stock art from free sites. It's my understanding that there are potential copyright/licensing issues when using free stock art, especially with models. Which sites do you use from and are there legal disclaimers that grant use? Is this a US-only thing? I notice you're in the UK and wonder how that affects covers you sell to US-based authors. See Free Images and Creative Commons here: http://www.stockphotorights.com/faq/ (Specifically, Q: Is it possible to get legal protection from suppliers of free, legal images? A: Not usually. Free images typically do not come with any form of legal protection. Most free images will not have model releases or property releases and if a claim arises, the customer will be responsible for that claim.) The customer being the author, I assume.

Hi belindaf,

Thanks for your message. Dont worry, all my work is legal (designed with legal materials) and can be used anywhere. I select carefully the elements I use in my covers.

Yes, sometimes I use free stock photos in my covers. Some of them have free fonts too that you can use commercially (from Google fonts).

Almost all the free stock photo I use is from Unsplash (unsplash.com), a site that allow photographers to promote their work. They have such breathtaking pictures, especially landscapes. I usually mix and modify the pictures, though, so they are not so easily recognizable.

Those pictures are under the Creative Common Zero (CC0) license, which means no copyright (https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/).

In the terms and conditions from the Unsplash site (https://unsplash.com/terms) is specified that the photographer who upload the picture has to be the owner of it and that the picture has all rights, licenses, consents and releases that are necessary. And the person who upload the picture shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any violation of the foregoing restrictions, not the people who use that picture.

Im not posting the whole thing here, but you can find the paragraph not far from the top of their terms and conditions page. If Im not mistaken, these are the same terms a photographer has to accept when they submit a picture to a non-free stock photo site.

If you still have doubts about the legitimate use of these pictures, Canva (https://www.canva.com) is using those photos in their website too.

Still, I'm very conservative in the use of faces from free pictures anyway (I think I have one or two covers right now), because A LOT of Wordpress themes, covers and blogs are using the same pictures -and they are being used in posters, mugs and even t-shirts. Still, when I use a face picture, I usually modified it a lot, sometimes I even mix the features of two people.

All in all: All my covers are legal, made with legal design elements (some paid some free, all of them carefully selected) and can be used everywhere (including the US).

Cheers,

Lorena

P.S.: I apologize in advance for any awkward phrasing; English is my second language and when I try to write in legal terms Im not sure if Im making any sense  ;D

KBoards.com

• Advertisement