Author Topic: Storm Country  (Read 441 times)  

Offline Joyce DeBacco

• Southwest Florida, USA
    • View Profile
    • joycedebacco.com
Storm Country
« on: December 13, 2015, 09:39:21 AM »
STORM COUNTRY: BOOKs 1, 2, 3, & 4 out now. All are Kindle Unlimited books. Please go to end of thread for post announcing current offer of a FREE book dated 05-16-18. Thanks.

Running a successful resort in present-day Montana has its challenges for the Storm family. Falling in love is only one of them. After inheriting the business from her dead husband, Bonnie enlists her adult children to help run it. Sons Richard and Nick have found their niche; daughter Andi is struggling to find hers. When Bonnie learns her husband's illegitimate son has hired on at the resort and Andi has taken a liking to him, she sees trouble ahead. But in her attempt to keep them apart, she nearly loses her life and the business.

5 star review. "This a great first book in the series. You don't want to miss it. The characters are well defined. There are several twists and turns in the plot. . . And what a jaw dropping cliff hanger in the end. I am anxiously awaiting the next book in the series. Buy this book and any book by this author. You can't go wrong!"

Storm Country is presented in serial format with the story in each book continuing into the next one. I will be posting snippets of the series in weeks to come. Hope to see you back here.

Joyce
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 08:49:28 AM by Joyce DeBacco »
Read sample chapters of my novels @
http://www.joycedebacco.com

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: Storm Country
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:04:55 AM »
Welcome again to the Book Bazaar and congratulations on your new book!

KBoards is a Kindle fan and reader forum.  As you browse KBoards, keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You've posted your book thread in the right place; this is just our standard welcome that we place in all book threads. :)

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function OR our KBoards bookmark system*) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice). 

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread: Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators 

*When viewing a thread, you'll see an 'add Bookmark' button near the Reply button. You can use that to add the thread to your bookmarks.   To see your bookmarked threads at any time, click the 'Bookmarks' button in the forum header links.
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Joyce DeBacco

• Southwest Florida, USA
    • View Profile
    • joycedebacco.com
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 09:28:35 AM »
Here is an excerpt from Storm Country: Book 1. More to come.

Having calmed her daughter's fears, Bonnie closed the book lying open on her bed. Then she tucked it back in her book case and slid out a box of mementoes from a lower shelf. Sitting cross-legged on her bed, she sifted through it, smiling when she came across the silky curls from her babies' first haircuts, chuckling when she read their homemade cards scrawled with backward letters and misshapen figures, and grew misty-eyed when she gazed at a photo of her boys tenderly cradling their newborn sister.

Upon reaching the bottom of the box, she inhaled sharply when she came upon Andrews wallet. Although he always carried his paper money in a silver money clip emblazoned with an engraved pine tree, he kept his license, family photos, and credit cards in his wallet. Opening it, she flipped through the photos he'd felt important enough to carry with him. There was one of his parents, now long gone, one of them on their wedding day, and several school photos of the children at various ages. When one of the clear plastic pockets seemed a bit thicker than the others, she idly wondered which unfortunate child was stuck in between, sight unseen. Slipping it out, she was stunned to discover a photo of Andrew and a little boy about four years of age.

Her breath caught in her chest, and she wished she hadn't poked around in places Andrew clearly never wanted her to see. Although she'd known about the child for years, actually seeing him was like gouging open a wound that had never healed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 01:06:14 PM by Joyce DeBacco »

Offline Joyce DeBacco

• Southwest Florida, USA
    • View Profile
    • joycedebacco.com
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 01:10:25 PM »
Here's another excerpt from Book 1.

In the large room that served as the men's entertainment center, Nick scanned the faces excitedly following a video game. Failing to spot Luke among them, he knocked on his door. When no one answered, he opened it a crack, heard the shower running, and ambled in. Thinking he'd wait until the shower turned off before announcing his presence, he dropped in a chair. His gaze drifted around the room, and he spotted Luke's wallet and money clip lying on the bed. Because the money clip looked familiar, he got up to inspect it further, stunned to discover the image of a pine tree engraved on it. His father used to have a money clip just like it. Curious, he picked up the wallet. It fanned open to a photo of a little boy and a man. The little boy was obviously Luke as a child, the man beside him most likely his . . .
"Dad!" he whispered.

Offline Joyce DeBacco

• Southwest Florida, USA
    • View Profile
    • joycedebacco.com
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 06:39:52 AM »
Just a little note to let you know that starting today, Aug. 1 to Aug. 5, I'm running a 99 cent Kindle Countdown sale. I hope you'll check out this offer. And if you've already read Storm Country and liked it, please tell a friend so they can enjoy it at this reduced price.

SALE - STORM COUNTRY: BOOK 1 - Click on book cover below.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:43:19 AM by Joyce DeBacco »

Offline Joyce DeBacco

• Southwest Florida, USA
    • View Profile
    • joycedebacco.com
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 07:23:05 AM »
* * * KINDLE COUNTDOWN SALE * * * STORM COUNTRY: BOOK 1 * * *

Running a successful resort in present-day Montana has its challenges for the Storm family. Falling in love is only one of them. Get to know the whole family in Book 1 for only .99 on Kindle Countdown. But hurry! Sale ends midnight January 10.

Storm Country is presented in serial format with the story in each book continuing into the next one. Series is complete at four books.

Offline Joyce DeBacco

• Southwest Florida, USA
    • View Profile
    • joycedebacco.com
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 08:47:00 AM »
FIRST TIME FREE
*** STORM COUNTRY: BOOK 1 ***

http://lrd.to/storm-country For a limited time only you can get this book FREE! I'm making this offer in hopes of getting more reviews. Readers often pass on a book with few reviews, but authors need those reviews in order to book promos on the various promo sites. I understand it's sometimes not easy for a non-writer to write a review. But it doesn't have to be long; a couple sentences about the writing or story will do. Please consider. I thank you on behalf of authors everywhere.