Author Topic: Introducing Behest Indie Novelist Services  (Read 563 times)  

Offline Heather Bell

• North East England
    • View Profile
    • Behest Indie Novelist Services
Introducing Behest Indie Novelist Services
« on: January 19, 2016, 07:55:03 am »
Hi I'm Heather from NE England and I'd like to introduce my business Behest Indie Novelist Services.

I provide three types of service to authors:

Beta Reading
I see beta reading as that all-important test driving of your novel before you let it loose on the public at large.

My service will provide you with general feedback and critique on the storyline and characters, as well as addressing issues such as plot holes and pace.

Proof Reading
I address typos, spelling mistakes, misused homonyms, missing or repeated words etc.

Advice and Guidance on All Things British
As a British person I can help non-British authors whose books are set in the UK.  I can advise on areas such as vocabulary, names, geography, food and drink, nature, culture, forms of address, or any other aspects of British life (past and present) that you would like to know about.

Rates:
Proof Reading US $0.002 / 0.0013 per word
Beta Reading US $0.001 / 0.0007 per word
Advice and Guidance on All Things British from US $20 /15

I will provide free feedback on your first chapter or section (up to 3,000 words) to see if we are a good fit for each other.

For more information please feel free to visit my website www.behestins.com or email me at [email protected]

I look forward to serving you!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Rick Gualtieri

• NJ
    • Renaissance Geek
      • View Profile
      • RickGualtieri.com
    Re: Introducing Behest Indie Novelist Services
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 08:21:45 am »
    Welcome, Heather!

I'm pretty good on the first two services, but this:

"Advice and Guidance on All Things British
    As a British person I can help non-British authors whose books are set in the UK.  I can advise on areas such as vocabulary, names, geography, food and drink, nature, culture, forms of address, or any other aspects of British life (past and present) that you would like to know about."

Has me intrigued. That's definitely a novel concept for a service to offer.  I dig it!  Will most certainly keep you in mind.  Bookmarking this for a rainy day.

Making fantasy fun again, one corpse at a time
    Rick Gualtieri | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Bill The Vampire on FB | YouTube

Offline Heather Bell

• North East England
      • View Profile
      • Behest Indie Novelist Services
    Re: Introducing Behest Indie Novelist Services
    « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 08:37:02 am »
    Welcome, Heather!

I'm pretty good on the first two services, but this:

"Advice and Guidance on All Things British
    As a British person I can help non-British authors whose books are set in the UK.  I can advise on areas such as vocabulary, names, geography, food and drink, nature, culture, forms of address, or any other aspects of British life (past and present) that you would like to know about."

Has me intrigued. That's definitely a novel concept for a service to offer.  I dig it!  Will most certainly keep you in mind.  Bookmarking this for a rainy day.

Thanks Rick!  Since I became a Kindle user three years ago I've discovered, read (and deleted!) quite a number of books written by non-Brits which are either set in the UK or have British characters.  I discovered that it's pretty rare for any of these books to be without errors of some description.  Judging not only by my own opinion, but by Amazon reviews, this really irks British readers.  It's quite a fun, and hopefully useful, service to offer to authors.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement