Author Topic: Anyone hearing about Review Issues and Amazon?  (Read 9067 times)  

Offline Alan Petersen

• San Francisco, CA
  • I write high octane thrillers.
    • View Profile
    • High-Octane Action Thrillers from Alan Petersen
Re: Anyone hearing about Review Issues and Amazon?
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2016, 01:32:30 pm »
The $200 Bresciani socks Alec Baldwin mentioned in the Amazon Echo Super Bowl commercial is just about 100% fake reviews. Some funny, some mean, there is one wishing anyone that would spend $200 on a pair of socks should get ebola, and Amazon leaves those fake reviews untouched.

http://www.amazon.com/Bresciani-Cashmere-Over--Socks-1-Winter/dp/B01B9ILHV2/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1456694925&sr=1-1&nodeID=1040658&keywords=bresciani+socks

So perhaps if reviewers write their reviews with comedic bent and snark, they'll be left alone by the Zon.
Alan Petersen - High-Octane Thrillers -  Author Interview Podcast

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Becca Mills

• Global Moderator
    • California
      • View Profile
    « Reply #76 on: February 28, 2016, 01:51:02 pm »
    The $200 Bresciani socks Alec Baldwin mentioned in the Amazon Echo Super Bowl commercial is just about 100% fake reviews. Some funny, some mean, there is one wishing anyone that would spend $200 on a pair of socks should get ebola, and Amazon leaves those fake reviews untouched.

http://www.amazon.com/Bresciani-Cashmere-Over--Socks-1-Winter/dp/B01B9ILHV2/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1456694925&sr=1-1&nodeID=1040658&keywords=bresciani+socks

So perhaps if reviewers write their reviews with comedic bent and snark, they'll be left alone by the Zon.

Those are good! Have you seen the ones on the $40,000 98-inch TV? My favorite is something like, "Not big enough and also too cheap."  :D

Welcome! :)
    Read about using the Writers' Cafe here. Our larger "forum decorum" is here. The site's overall terms of use are here. Please be aware of this material.
    Troubleshooting: If you're having difficulties with advertising on KBoards, the contact email is [email protected] You can also use our PM system to contact the site's owners via the vsAdmin account. The Link-Maker and Author Signature Tool long longer function. There's a manual version of the former here and a workaround for the latter here.

Offline lilywhite

• View Profile
    « Reply #77 on: February 28, 2016, 06:39:44 pm »

Offline Ann Grant

• View Profile
    « Reply #78 on: February 28, 2016, 07:04:42 pm »

Offline Moist_Tissue

• View Profile
    « Reply #80 on: February 28, 2016, 07:39:59 pm »
    Joke reviews are absolutely part of Amazon's culture.

http://www.amazon.com/review/RN9XMF3CS1YPS
    The Molly Malones: 100%

Siuil a Run: 100%

To The Valley's Edge: 0%
    Siobhn Babhar

Offline 555aaa

• Near Canada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #81 on: February 28, 2016, 08:36:40 pm »
    There's a rising public backlash against the "I received this (thing) in exchange for an honest review" reviews.

Now, here's my pile-on, regarding the "I find your lack of toast disturbing" Darth Vader toaster:

http: //www.amazon.com/review/ R1TPH5IEV6EXRY/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00JFFH1NA&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=284507&store=kitchen

BTW I posted a review link at Amazon and it got replaced by a home depot link. I don't get it.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 09:28:25 pm by 555aaa »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement