Author Topic: The Official Kindle Oasis (and other models) Watch Party Thread  (Read 58036 times)  

Offline Muddypawz

• Louisiana
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Kindle Oasis (and other models) Watch Party Thread
« Reply #575 on: May 02, 2016, 04:34:58 pm »
Well I had a Oasis Black 3g without special offers ordered with a delivery date of May 11.  But by canceling that order and reordering with one day shipping I will have it May 4th!  :D

Almost no rhyme or reason.....congrats to you and all who've already received theirs!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #576 on: May 02, 2016, 04:56:30 pm »
    Almost no rhyme or reason.....congrats to you and all who've already received theirs!

Yes I agree!  I had checked the date today expecting it to be longer.  Then after the delivery date of May 6 popped up I tried One day shipping and it said May 4th release day delivery!  I jumped on that with all four paws :)

K2US v2.5.7 / 2x(One is SO)K3 White 3G/Wi-Fi + Oberon Bold Celtic in Black / 2x PW2 3G W/O / Voyage 3G W/O / PW3 3G W/O / Oasis 3g W/O

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #577 on: May 02, 2016, 05:48:26 pm »
    Yay!!!
    I'm glad to hear that so many Oasis devices were received today and that folks are liking them. I've been using DH's since last week but I am still hyper that mine will be here Wednesday.

Offline Smiley3445

• View Profile
    « Reply #578 on: May 02, 2016, 07:18:30 pm »
    I have been visiting for years but never posted[emoji4]. It has been a joy to kindle watch with everyone this year.  I have been a kindle owner since the keyboard.  I have purchased one every year since then.  I skipped the PW3.  I received my Kindle Oasis today and I love it.  I was able to play with it for a couple of minutes before I had to head back to work.  But I am loving the lightness and the return of page turn buttons[emoji4].

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #579 on: May 02, 2016, 07:24:44 pm »
    I have been visiting for years but never posted[emoji4]. It has been a joy to kindle watch with everyone this year.  I have been a kindle owner since the keyboard.  I have purchased one every year since then.  I skipped the PW3.  I received my Kindle Oasis today and I love it.  I was able to play with it for a couple of minutes before I had to head back to work.  But I am loving the lightness and the return of page turn buttons[emoji4].

Yay, Consuelo!  Glad you love your Oasis!

So glad you've started posting!

Betsy

Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline LauraB

• midwest, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #580 on: May 02, 2016, 08:13:37 pm »
    I just got notice from amazon my 3G oasis, merlot, w/o offers shipped via UPS. It said will be here tomorrow. Not sure about that since release is Wednesday, but it has shipped!  ;D
    Books read in 2010: 43 2011: 42 + the Bible 2012: 60; books read 2013:56*

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #581 on: May 02, 2016, 08:15:27 pm »
    Just checked my "countdown app" - 70 days to our Disney World trip, and 35 to Oasis delivery.
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, 2nd & 1st gen Oasis, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini for PDFs

Offline geko29

• View Profile
    « Reply #582 on: May 03, 2016, 02:38:19 am »
    My 3G/Walnut is supposed to be here tomorrow, but so far no serial number, and order status just says "Shipping Soon".   But the rotary hammer I ordered Sunday night (Not from Amazon) shipped last night, so there's that. :)

Offline nikkidog

• Ohio
    • Happy Voyage, Oasis2 & 3 & Paperwhite owner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #583 on: May 03, 2016, 03:58:36 am »
    I received an email this morning at 3:55 AM saying my kindle has shipped.   Yeah!
    It's still saying I will received it tomorrow.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Card-carrying melodrama villain
      • View Profile
      • All about me....<hee hee>
    « Reply #584 on: May 03, 2016, 05:21:32 am »
    My 3G/Walnut is supposed to be here tomorrow, but so far no serial number, and order status just says "Shipping Soon".   But the rotary hammer I ordered Sunday night (Not from Amazon) shipped last night, so there's that. :)

For your safety, please do not try to read a Kindle book on your rotary hammer. I am reliably informed they have software incompatibilities. I'm not sure about B&N books, you might be okay reading a Nook book.
    "Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #585 on: May 03, 2016, 05:23:56 am »
    It somehow made it to my local post office from California overnight. So I assume it will be out for delivery today.

Now begins the wait and  catching the office folks as they are not delivering to my door, even if I am home.

Unless of course its in a envelope small enough to fit into my small mail box. DVD's fit into that mailbox.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Super Moderators-5
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #586 on: May 03, 2016, 05:39:15 am »
    It somehow made it to my local post office from California overnight. So I assume it will be out for delivery today.

Now begins the wait and  catching the office folks as they are not delivering to my door, even if I am home.

Unless of course its in a envelope small enough to fit into my small mail box. DVD's fit into that mailbox.

It's a pretty small box, and could be in a padded envelope I guess. Mine came in a much bigger box -- but it was shipping from Best Buy.

Can you go down to the office early and let them know you're expecting it and see if they're nice people and can call you when it comes? ::) 

Though I do sympathize -- my son has the same issues if we send him stuff. And there isn't even an office to leave it at! :o He's basically said that if it's anything bigger than an envelope we need to let him know and/or send it to the theatre where he works since he's there more often. UPS won't leave stuff, either -- there's no where to leave it -- so he ends up having to go pick it up.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Sunshine22

• San Diego
      • View Profile
    « Reply #587 on: May 03, 2016, 05:48:15 am »
    Just checked my "countdown app" - 70 days to our Disney World trip, and 35 to Oasis delivery.

35 days... We are getting closer! :D

Congratulations to everyone getting their deliveries this week!  I'm keeping myself busy during my Oasis wait by finally setting up Calibre and organizing my library.

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #588 on: May 03, 2016, 05:50:34 am »
    It's a pretty small box, and could be in a padded envelope I guess. Mine came in a much bigger box -- but it was shipping from Best Buy.

Can you go down to the office early and let them know you're expecting it and see if they're nice people and can call you when it comes? ::) 

Though I do sympathize -- my son has the same issues if we send him stuff. And there isn't even an office to leave it at! :o He's basically said that if it's anything bigger than an envelope we need to let him know and/or send it to the theatre where he works since he's there more often. UPS won't leave stuff, either -- there's no where to leave it -- so he ends up having to go pick it up.
    It's why I used one day ship in the first place. Hoping it would then be shipped UPS. Which does come to my door.

Office peeps will not call, I asked them before about an item. They get all huffy and annoyed that they have to stack all of our packages in the office. They act like they doing us a favor, but since USPS does not have to come to apartment doors in our are, they kind of have to.

There is a reason why I diverted some orders that I used to use prime on to prime now. If its available that is. At least they also come to my door.

So it could come anywhere from 11 am to 4 pm. Depends on what driver and when I can catch them in the office. They love to take really long lunches.  ::)

Its the same issue every month when we have to pay rent. We don't have a mail slot in the office door anymore were it used to go on as it was broken in. It is inside the office now and they are not even open non the weekend anymore. I think they finally started coming in on saturday for like 3 hours.
    I get my workout trying to catch them. Calling doesn't work as they can be at the office but not answering phones.

But if its small enough, it will go in my mail box and then I don't have to worry about that. I just have to wait for the mail man to be done then. He doesn't like anyone trying to get their mail until he is done will ALL the apartments. Sigh. 

you know whats great though? Sunday delivery. Our office is closed on Sundays and so USPS has to actually come to the door. They don't knock or ring, they just throw it up on the platform, but at least it gets there.  8)

Online Jen200

• OK
      • View Profile
    « Reply #589 on: May 03, 2016, 05:55:28 am »
    My 3G/Merlot shows shipping soon.  It still says delivery is tomorrow.  I haven't been charged and there is no serial number yet  [emoji30]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #590 on: May 03, 2016, 06:01:54 am »

It came from Amazon in a zip-open cardboard box about 8.5x10 inches.

Betsy

Offline KindleGirl

• View Profile
    « Reply #591 on: May 03, 2016, 06:04:33 am »
    Atunah....yay! I hope you are able to easily get your Oasis without chasing the office people down multiple times. Mine was shipped USPS also and mine came in a padded envelope. The box is probably about the size of a CD, but it's much thicker.

• Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #592 on: May 03, 2016, 06:05:02 am »
    For your safety, please do not try to read a Kindle book on your rotary hammer. I am reliably informed they have software incompatibilities. I'm not sure about B&N books, you might be okay reading a Nook book.

*snort*

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #593 on: May 03, 2016, 06:36:35 am »
    thanks for the measurements Betsy. That should fit in the mail box, its not a big one, tall and very narrow so it would have to be deep enough. I think it might be. That is if mine comes like that.

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Maine, USA
    • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #594 on: May 03, 2016, 06:41:31 am »
    It came from Amazon in a zip-open cardboard box about 8.5x10 inches.

Betsy

Mine came in a padded envelope.

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #595 on: May 03, 2016, 06:45:55 am »

Almost 11 hrs later....Disney is in 69 days now, but Oasis is now just 3 days instead of 34!!  Obsessively checked my ship date this morning for the gazillionth time and it's changed from June 6 to May 6 - it'll be here Friday!!!  Doing my happy dance here!  ;D
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:47:58 am by Meemo »
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, 2nd & 1st gen Oasis, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini for PDFs

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Super Moderators-5
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #596 on: May 03, 2016, 06:48:13 am »
    Disney is in 69 days now, but Oasis is now just 3 days instead of 34!!  Obsessively checked my ship date this morning for the gazillionth time and it's changed from June 6 to May 6 - it'll be here Friday!!!  Doing my happy dance here!  ;D

Hmmm.  Time runs weirdly where you are! :o ;) 8)
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #597 on: May 03, 2016, 06:48:16 am »

L
    Mine will probably be wrapped in rice paper.  ;D

Or its one of those where they put it in a big box full of air pockets.

Disney is in 69 days now, but Oasis is now just 3 days instead of 34!!  Obsessively checked my ship date this morning for the gazillionth time and it's changed from June 6 to May 6 - it'll be here Friday!!!  Doing my happy dance here!  ;D

Yay.

• Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #598 on: May 03, 2016, 06:48:55 am »

L

Interesting.  Was yours delivered by UPS?  That's who delivered mine.  Maybe it's a UPS requirement.

Betsy

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Maine, USA
    • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #599 on: May 03, 2016, 07:05:05 am »
    Interesting.  Was yours delivered by UPS?  That's who delivered mine.  Maybe it's a UPS requirement.

Betsy

Yes, UPS, padded envelope. I receive quite a few things from Amazon in padded envelopes, all delivered by UPS.

L

Leslie Nicoll

KBoards.com

• Advertisement