Kindle Forum banner

Renee's mystery/thriller promo thread - FINAL UPDATE

105K views 1K replies 143 participants last post by  gmaz135 
#1 ·
Hi all:

You can now sign up :D

http://reneepawlish.com/promo/index.php/for-authors/

You sign up at the end of the For Authors page (but please read the directions). I will be mailing out the link to the google doc to you with 24 hours (hopefully sooner, but I do have a day job that gets in the way).

May 13-14 will be a 99 cent promo. It can be a Countdown Deal, but keep in mind that if your book is a CD, international readers may not be able to get in on the deal.

Please read the directions, I think it will explain everything (If you are familiar with Patty Jansen's promos, this is the same). If you have any suggestions, please PM me. I will be setting up a Facebook page, and will update with that info when I have that finished.

Also, please bear with me. This is the first one I am doing, so there might be a glitch or two to work out :) Thanks!
And again, my thanks to Patty Jansen for all her help!

I have been mostly a lurker here, but I've learned a lot from everyone, one being Patty Jansen.

I am going to start a promo deal like Patty has. I have been in touch with her about what she's done to make it so successful. The problem has been I write mysteries, not SFF, so I haven't participated in hers. But I think those of us who write mysteries and thrillers could have great success duplicating what she's done. With that in mind, I'd like to see what interest everyone in mysteries/thrillers has. I am working on setting up the pages I'll need and a mailing list for us, but plan to do things like she's done.

For now, here are the details. I will post a link in the next week or so with signup and the first promo date.

If you haven't done one of these before, please read the instructions before entering.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

1. The site:

I put up a bunch of books that are either free or 99c (coming soon and I will update here). Here is Patty's for an example (wave to Patty, she has been awesome with answering my questions): http://pattyjansen.com/promo/

2. Social media:

I have a mailing list of over 10k, over 2000 likes on my Facebook page, and over 15k on Twitter. I will promote to these.
Someone else likes Facebook and is in a bunch of groups
Someone is really good at G+
Or Reddit
Or Instagram
Or has a following on another forum (like Mobilereads)
Or has a mailing list

We all post the link to the promo at the social media outlets of our choice on the day(s) of the promo. We like/retweet/repost each other's posts

3. The proof:

We don't have this yet for mysteries/thrillers, but check out Patty's social proof. I think we could match this.

4. The rules:

Books must be Mystery or Thriller.
If a paid promo, they must be full-length novels (otherwise 99c isn't much of a deal).
Books must be presented well: nice cover, nice blurb, nice writing. I reserve the right to refuse books that don't make the grade. I will be lenient, but if an entry is very obviously not ready, I can't post it.
I don't care about minimum reviews/star rating.
Enter a different book with each promo if you can, it's better for the readers.

NO COST to the author, but you MUST be willing to post to your mailing list and/or use your social media footprint to participate.

5. Register for the next promo:

Link will be coming soon.

6. What's in it for me:

It's a great way to get other eyes on my books (as well as yours).

Disclosure: I WILL use my affiliate tags on the promos. I have no idea how much this will be, but the main purpose is the cross-promo opportunity.

If I've forgotten anything, I will address is :)

Reply or DM me with questions. Please note that I have a day job so it might take me a bit to reply ;) Thanks!

See less See more
#1,428 ·
reneepawlish said:
The March page is up, please don't share the link before this weekend. I will send an email tomorrow with graphics and a link.

http://reneepawlish.com/promo/

I turned down a book where an author had submitted twice. If there are any other issues, PM me. Thanks!
Thanks, Renee, for all your hard work. The page looks great. I saw the email. I plan on working on getting things ready for this weekend between other things going on.

Folks, let's see if we can make this the best cross-promotion ever. It is Book Month, or is that Read A Book Month. Whatever it is let's make sure readers hear about it.

#1,440 ·
MTM said:
Yesterday was pretty good for me, but thus far today: zilch. How about others of you? Keeping my fingers crossed, and thanking Renee for the great opportunity to participate.
The second day is not as good, as most people send out their emails the first day. Unfortunately, from what I've seen, very few authors promote on social media, even though they say they will. If people liked and shared FB posts, and tweeted on the second day, we might see better results. But again, most don't bother.

#1,442 ·
#1,443 ·
#1,444 ·
M.W. Griffith said:
Hey guys, hope you are all seeing some results!

Here's my Blog Post: https://mwgriffithbooks.com/2018/03/18/mystery-sale/
Here's my Twitter Post: https://twitter.com/emberian/status/975524028449542150
My blog automatically posts to Google Plus and Facebook.
My newsletter went out yesterday.

A big thank you to Renee, without whom this promotion wouldn't be possible.
8) 8)
I'm sorry I didn't get back in here late yesterday. I have a lot going on, which I'm sure you do too.

We did have some sales on book 2 plus one on book 3 and saw some page reads on book 2.

Hope you got some sales too.

I agree, many thanks to Renee for all her hard work behind the scenes.

Lynn

#1,450 ·
reneepawlish said:
Now taking submissions for April 14-15, 99 cent ebooks. Sign up here:

http://reneepawlish.com/promo/index.php/for-authors/

Please follow the directions :)
Thanks!
Hi Renee.

Thank you for the opportunity. I'm in. I'm just not too sure what I need to do at this point.

Is there a promo pic ready to post to my fb page and post to my list?

Looking forward to being a part of this promo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.