Author Topic: E-Book buyers to begin receiving credits on Tuesday  (Read 5838 times)  

Offline hamerfan

• Turtleback
    • View Profile
Carpe Manana

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline TriciaJ82

• View Profile
    Re: E-Book buyers to begin receiving credits on Tuesday
    « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 10:15:38 pm »
    I have received mine!

Offline hamerfan

• Turtleback
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 01:14:52 am »
    I have received mine!
    That's great! Did Amazon send you an email about it, or did it just show up in your account?
    Carpe Manana

Offline larryb52

• one day at a time
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 05:36:32 am »
    no email just had a 300 dollar credit there was called amazon all I was told it was a gift card...
    Larry

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 05:43:03 am »
    OMG  :o :o

I was just trying to figure out where the heck this gift card came from. There is a claimed code in my balance, where you can see the itemized usage of your gift card. 131 dollars and its all it says. Just gift card claim. I was baffled.

Now I am even more baffled. I never bought a book by apple, so I gather that is not the point after reading this linked thing. Its about all the books bought and what apple did.

$131 holy moly.  :o

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
    • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 05:49:43 am »
    OMG is right!!!  No emails or messages from Amazon, just go check your gift card balance.  Mine went from $42 last night to $318 this morning!  WOOHOO!!!

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 05:52:31 am »
    OMG is right!!!  No emails or messages from Amazon, just go check your gift card balance.  Mine went from $42 last night to $318 this morning!  WOOHOO!!!
    Woah  :o. You went nuts in those 2 years buying, didn't you.  :P. 2010-2012 I think I bought a lot of books, 2013 even more, but that one doesn't count. But still, I didn't expect this at all. I didn't even remember all the details on that Apple thing.

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 05:59:40 am »
    Wow! $162.85!  Woo Hoo!  Free Money! :D

No way I expected it to be that high, given we already got some a while ago and it was definitely only a 2 digit dollar figure.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 06:03:37 am »
    Woah  :o. You went nuts in those 2 years buying, didn't you.  :P. 2010-2012 I think I bought a lot of books, 2013 even more, but that one doesn't count. But still, I didn't expect this at all. I didn't even remember all the details on that Apple thing.

Me, go nuts in buying books?? *giggle*  I'm sure those first 2 years of owning a Kindle I bought almost all traditionally published books and few indie or self-published books unless I learned about them here.  That's the difference in the bigger chunks of money, I'm sure.

This is like Christmas!  I haven't been so excited about "free" money since I won big at a blackjack table in Vegas one time. :D

eta:  Note that this time it is a pure gift card credit meaning it can be spent on anything at Amazon.  Last time it was in a special link that was only usable for more ebooks.
    « Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:07:37 am by crebel »

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 06:11:06 am »
    yeah, the last one was put in as promotional credit that only popped up when you bought a book.

Now people can maybe buy a new kindle and buy more books. Amazon is smart.  ;D

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 06:23:35 am »
    eta:  Note that this time it is a pure gift card credit meaning it can be spent on anything at Amazon.  Last time it was in a special link that was only usable for more ebooks.

yeah, the last one was put in as promotional credit that only popped up when you bought a book.

Now people can maybe buy a new kindle and buy more books. Amazon is smart.  ;D

I noticed that as well and thought that last time it was rather more restrictive; didn't remember specifically, but an ebook only promo code sounds right, and I thought it had a time limit, too, of 6 months or a year that you had to use it up by.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Card-carrying melodrama villain
      • View Profile
      • All about me....<hee hee>
    « Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 07:03:14 am »
    Nothing yet for me! *pout*

Posting here must've done it! I now have $189.70 in credit!
    « Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 07:23:14 am by The Hooded Claw »
    "Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 07:25:08 am »
    Nothing yet for me! *pout*

Keep checking, Claw.  The article says the credits are going out June 21-24.  If you got something from the original publisher settlement, you'll get something this time (appears to be almost double whatever amounts people got last time).  There is at least one person on the Amazon board who says they got $688 :o

If you check the balance history of your gift card purchases, it shows the specific amount added. 

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 07:28:44 am »
    Wow!  I got an email about credit from Barnes and Noble and wondered why I hadn't heard from Amazon.
    $372 after the pretty nice sum I got last time.  Doing the happy dance over here for sure.

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 07:35:05 am »
    So in this link you can see what you get and there is a expiration date listed for the amount. So you can see what you used up of that amount. Not sure how that works since I always have a balance and have auto load set up, so it would never go down all the way on the balance. I'll have to keep an eye out on that.

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_410408302_1?ie=UTF8&node=14741166011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=080A2FPM3PT3182D27KN&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=2531285942&pf_rd_i=1002402851

Hope this link works as the initial one I had to refresh and then to go a new section.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 07:51:17 am »
    So in this link you can see what you get and there is a expiration date listed for the amount. So you can see what you used up of that amount. Not sure how that works since I always have a balance and have auto load set up, so it would never go down all the way on the balance. I'll have to keep an eye out on that.

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_410408302_1?ie=UTF8&node=14741166011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=080A2FPM3PT3182D27KN&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=2531285942&pf_rd_i=1002402851

Hope this link works as the initial one I had to refresh and then to go a new section.

The link worked for me, thanks, Atunah.  It does say the credits are only good for one year - until June 24, 2017.  No big deal, even though I got a healthy amount, it's likely to be spent within a couple of months, tops!

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 07:55:31 am »
    The link worked for me, thanks, Atunah.  It does say the credits are only good for one year - until June 24, 2017.  No big deal, even though I got a healthy amount, it's likely to be spent within a couple of months, tops!
    yeah, don't think most of us will have an issues. I am just confused at how this will work. That GC is basically mixed in with my other GC amount. I always have GC's and its auto reloaded if it drops to $40. So how will they take the money out of that particular GC when there is still another balance. Its all one amount. And how will my GC not expire if there is always another balance already there.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 08:01:32 am »
    yeah, don't think most of us will have an issues. I am just confused at how this will work. That GC is basically mixed in with my other GC amount. I always have GC's and its auto reloaded if it drops to $40. So how will they take the money out of that particular GC when there is still another balance. Its all one amount. And how will my GC not expire if there is always another balance already there.

They are apparently taking purchases from this settlement amount first, regardless of what other gift card money you already have on or add to the account.

If you buy something and return to the link you gave, it will show your initial settlement amount, the amount you just spent, and the remaining balance of the settlement amount.  Any other balance you already had in your account or new gift cards you get will just remain in the account until the settlement balance is spent. 

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 08:09:21 am »
    They are apparently taking purchases from this settlement amount first, regardless of what other gift card money you already have on or add to the account.

If you buy something and return to the link you gave, it will show your initial settlement amount, the amount you just spent, and the remaining balance of the settlement amount.  Any other balance you already had in your account or new gift cards you get will just remain in the account until the settlement balance is spent. 
    Good. I guess I'll find out soon as I am about to buy some books.  ;D

Offline Dalene

• Allentown,PA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 08:21:41 am »
    Omg 500.00 gc   :o

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 08:23:40 am »

Offline Dalene

• Allentown,PA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: June 21, 2016, 08:39:09 am »
    542.90  :D ;D ;D

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 08:42:49 am »
    542.90  :D ;D ;D

Wowzer!  That's awesome.

Offline gdae23

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: June 21, 2016, 08:46:45 am »
    No email from Amazon, but just noticed the gift card balance for $94.31. I was momentarily puzzled and thought it was some mistake, but then thought to check here and found this thread immediately. Thanks for the explanation and links. I hadn't realized there was an expiration date, but the money will be used long before that!

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: June 21, 2016, 08:54:09 am »
    Confirmation emails are starting to go out.  I received mine, but for some reason it went to the junk mail folder instead of regular inbox.  The email includes the link to the Amazon page for your account that Atunah gave us earlier.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement