Author Topic: Elegant Oberon cover for my k2i  (Read 1563 times)  

Offline CaroleC

• New Orleans, Louisiana
    • View Profile
Elegant Oberon cover for my k2i
« on: May 01, 2010, 08:02:26 pm »
I recently bought an Oberon cover (in black "Sky Dragon" design) for my k2i. The quality of the craftsmanship is superb; the stitching is perfect, and the tooling is too. The result is an elegant and artistic effect:

Inside, the cover has two large pockets (under the full front cover and the full back cover), that hold stiffeners. I took them out since they didn't seem necessary. Those large pockets could hold papers and other things. Then on the lower part of the inside front cover, it has a smaller pocket that could be used for holding an ID or a couple of dollars. Here, you can see the inside of the cover:

Notice in the photo above, that the Kindle is held in place by corners and a bungee. These hold it firmly enough that I can hold the front cover only while the cover is open and shake it hard, and the Kindle doesn't even budge. It is very secure. It is also easy to remove the Kindle from the Oberon cover by pulling up the bungee on the upper right corner (sort of like a rubber band) and then gently pushing the upper left corner aside and sliding the Kindle out of the cover.All the controls can be easily reached with the cover on, including the sleep/wake switch although it is very near the strip of leather holding the upper left corner.

The cover folded back easily from the start, so that one-handed reading with the cover folded back is easy to do:

The pewter clasp and charm are practical but stunning and artistic in appearance, almost like jewelry:

The Oberon is expensive at $75, but the value is much higher than that price would indicate. Reading is even more pleasurable when it begins by picking up the work of art that this cover really is and unfastening the bungee from the beautiful jewelry like clasp.  If you dream of an Oberon and can afford one, and if you are wondering if it is worth the price or not, I would urge you to go ahead and take the plunge.
Carole

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Cardinal

• View Profile
    Re: Elegant Oberon cover for my k2i
    « Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 09:40:58 pm »
    Great review and pictures, thanks!   :)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement